It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another quake, Tulsa OK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ecidemon

That maybe true. but at this rate your pacing 2,500 anually above 2.5 mag.

link   
What's kind of weird, is the quake happened during a thunderclap (for me, at least) so my house was shaking above and below.
And we're under a tornado watch too. Crazy.

link   
felt it in denton texxxas again.
edit on 7-11-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I didn't feel the first two, but I absolutely felt that one...It shook my whole bedroom, at first I thought it was just me then I saw my cat's face and I knew we had another shakey shakey. While I've slept through a few, this was the first I've ever actually felt. Can mark that off the list

Fayetteville, AR

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I am in St Louis and did not feel it at all.
Why should you be worried about St Louis?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hqokc
What's kind of weird, is the quake happened during a thunderclap (for me, at least) so my house was shaking above and below.
And we're under a tornado watch too. Crazy.

The weather guy for that area said that's what it was. He called it a thunder quake at first but meant that it was from the storms.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Felt it here in Van Buren, Arkansas. Was short and smaller than the last one. Just a quick Jolt. I'm about 3 hours from OKC, right off of I-40 on the border of AR.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Hektik1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Ecidemon

That maybe true. but at this rate your pacing 2,500 anually above 2.5 mag.
I think lat year there were over 1,000 which is highly unusual - I didn't feel any of those, though.

The "good" thing is they're all centered along a current known fault line just on the other side of the Nemaha Uplift, which are all known features and are known to produce small quakes, with the potential for larger ones. It's an interesting feature, for sure.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
My birthday is tomorrow, and it is sure shaping up to be an interesting week, with earthquakes, tornadoes and bad storms headed our way, satellites, and giant sunspots coming at us from space! Not to mention 11/11/11 LOL.

Because of these quakes my project tomorrow is going to be draining my 75 gallon fishtank and moving the few fish from it into a much smaller 20 gallon tank that can sit on the kitchen counter. I am not comfortable having that much water sitting on a stand in the living room!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Tornados and earthquakes ?

OP, you know ? There is a point, when even the bravest of men must realize, their luck has run out.

Tonados and earthquakes ? At least you aren't bored.

I don't know , would you be safe in the cellar from both?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hektik1
Felt it here in Van Buren, Arkansas. Was short and smaller than the last one. Just a quick Jolt. I'm about 3 hours from OKC, right off of I-40 on the border of AR.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Hektik1 because: (no reason given)

These things must propagate East faster than they do west, because I'm about 85 miles from OKC and didn't feel a thing. (I'm in Lawton)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Tonados and earthquakes ? At least you aren't bored. I don't know , would you be safe in the cellar from both?

Tornadoes arent a big deal here. We hear a tornado siren and think "Man, I'm hungry"
edit on 7-11-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ok, new earthquake

Out with the old, in with the new.

6.9 probably going to be upgraded to 7.0

earthquake.usgs.gov...

USGS

Magnitude
Date-Time
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 at 02:59:06 UTC
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 at 11:59:06 AM at epicenter
Depth
209.5 km (130.2 miles)
Region
NORTHEAST OF TAIWAN
Distances
215 km (133 miles) NW of Naha, Okinawa, Japan
361 km (224 miles) NNE of Ishigaki-jima, Ryukyu Islands, Japan
500 km (310 miles) ENE of TAIPEI, Taiwan
1144 km (710 miles) S of SEOUL, South Korea
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 14.2 km (8.8 miles); depth +/- 12.7 km (7.9 miles)
Parameters
NST= 81, Nph= 90, Dmin=243.8 km, Rmss=1.34 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=6
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usb0006lpm

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'd be more worried about a tornado I think.

We dont even blink at tornadoes in Oklahoma.

nope out here in Oklahoma and Kansas we here of a tornado we run out side to see it and try to get pictures of it. it is truly weird tho lived here for 20 some years and have only seen funnel clouds and no tornadoes, and have felt 2 earthquakes so far.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 0Mark

Thats a post for Quakewatch, it's got nothing to do with what's happening in OK.

edit on 7/11/2011 by bkaust because: I said 'thread' when I meant 'post'.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
WOW
what in the hell is going on.. I felt the first 2 ... this is getting weird.
3rd... I'm getting a little bit freaked out at this point.

Earthquake swarm in progress for how long now?
Down side is that you guys are feeling something new called earthquakes.
Up side is that as long as the earth is moving a little bit at a time in fits and starts... that is a good thing. When it stops, then you can begin to worry. What would you rather, a lot of little quakes, or one big one?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Our weather here is so crazy that we could have the tornadoes tonight, wake up to clear sunny skies in the morning with temps in the 70s, and have an ice storm at midnight tomorrow night.

Everyone in Tulsa and east, stay safe, those storms are moving in over the next hour or so. Hopefully the ground stays quiet for the rest of the evening, I would hate to have to evacuate buildings with this weather moving in.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

nope out here in Oklahoma and Kansas we here of a tornado we run out side to see it and try to get pictures of it. it is truly weird tho lived here for 20 some years and have only seen funnel clouds and no tornadoes, and have felt 2 earthquakes so far.

lol, yah.

*Siren goes off* Grabs chair and sits on porch with equally unaffected children who are playing the rain.*Siren continues in background*

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Felt it in KC,MO Sitting in the same chair. oh and again the first thing I do is go look up how big it was and where. And oddly Cathedral Cave, Missouri seismic server is down.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

We dont even blink at tornadoes in Oklahoma.

You guys is crazy. Out here on the west coast we don't hardly blink at any earthquake below a 5 or 6, but would quake in our boots if we had to endure even one tornado.
We'll keep our earthquakes, thank you very much.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join