It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another quake, Tulsa OK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yeah, I just moved back to Tulsa myself.

# is getting real.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I personally think all of these quakes are foreshocks to a much bigger Earthquake yet to hit. looks like the Ancient fault lines arent ancient anymore, Gosh I hope im wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Felt it far west side of OKC....First time it has happened and I knew what it was...(and I lived in CA for a few years). It was weird because the storm front was just hitting our area, and so we had lots of thunder, but I could still distinguish the difference in the rumble. When I stood up, I got the classic dizziness for about 4 seconds.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
reply to post by intrptr

I'm beginning to wonder if there are more EQs happening then reported, but that lamp idea is a good idea.

I have lived within 150 feet from a major thoroughfare. During heavy traffic a continuos 1.5 tremor is produced. Even though you can't feel it, you can detect it by looking at a glass window pane. During the day from outside, look at the window up close from an angle. Adjust your point of view until the reflection from daylight lights up the pane. If there is any ground movement, you will see the window "jitter" like some one is tapping on it. Glass window panes are sensitive that way, they even record conversations in the room with eaves dropping devices using laser light.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is happening all over again.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Something is sure going on with all of these earthquakes recently in a supposedly dead or inactive zone. It seems to me that mother nature is possibly revolting against us humans.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mitch555
Something is sure going on with all of these earthquakes recently in a supposedly dead or inactive zone. It seems to me that mother nature is possibly revolting against us humans.
It's not dead nor inactive, it's just normally not as large as the 5.6 that happened. It's a 600 million year old fault, who knows what "normal" actually is for it, considering we only have 100 years worth of observation on it, and far less of actual measured data.

It'd be like someone talking to you for 2 seconds, never having previously met you, and saying that's unusual behavior for you.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Ecidemon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
Felt it far west side of OKC....First time it has happened and I knew what it was...(and I lived in CA for a few years). It was weird because the storm front was just hitting our area, and so we had lots of thunder, but I could still distinguish the difference in the rumble. When I stood up, I got the classic dizziness for about 4 seconds.

Because earthquakes are new for me, I didn't know to expect the dizziness but I felt that too for about a minute afterwards. What causes that? Is it liquidifaction?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join