It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God The Father – Last Call to Atheists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Take it as you will my friend... I am who i am

Excellent. I like that, and the rest, apart from the 'judging' bit, because, rightly or wrongly, I don't think we are judged. We just are.

Here, have a star and "peace, on".

Oh, and colbe (though you already know this: I'm an Atheist, for better or worse, but I wouldn't call myself a bad person. I just get a little acerbic at times....
edit on 8-11-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
reply to post by teapot

Perhaps generation works in more ways than one.

care to explain what you mean? in what other ways are you talking about? might want to edit your explanation into your post above seeing how its a one liner. thats up to you.

As Akragon said, we are more than meat.

Generation can be about each entry in the family tree; it may also refer to the tree itself. Research a little about the relationship between matter and spirit and find your own understanding.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Research a little about the relationship between matter and spirit and find your own understanding.

i would enjoy doing research as long as its based on facts instead of opinions. if you have a link i would like to look at it. generations in my original reply should be defined as from birth to death.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Go away, devil worshipper.

A father who commands his child (Abraham) to sacrifice his own son, commit genocide and all the other atrocities mentioned in the so called "holy scriptures" is someone I won't touch with a bargepole.

You religious nutheads are so utterly brainwashed it's not even funny.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Verses from the Bible cannot justify a specific point. Since God is the root of all being, atheists also stem from this.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Taz2122

Agreed, it feels more like a cult!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

If you guys hate us non believers so much, why continually post threads asking us to comment? Don't even try to deny it., the title says it all:

Last Call to Atheists

One would hardly label their thread "Last Call to Atheists" if they didn't want to hear from said atheists.

we're not allowed to recruit people to atheism here, so I really don't think you should be wasting too much time trying to "save us".

We've made our decision and are living by it, why does it bother you so much? especially if you actually believe what you preach, why waste time on us? It's gods job to judge us, not yours.

Let me put it another way. You are a true believer, followed the word of god to the letter (good for you that's quite rare) and you get into heaven. Do you really want to be rubbing elbows with a bunch of ingrates that didn't believe and lived a life of sin up until they repented? don't you think they should pay the same cover charge as you did? it's not ladies night after all, this is the afterlife.

p.s. not sure if I classify as an atheist. i don't rule out a "god" I just rely on science to prove what "god" didn't do. I also feel that none of the earthly religions has it right, because all of them are judgmental and violent.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of stress. For men will be lovers of self,

lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, inhuman, implacable,

slanderers, profligates, fierce, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather

than lovers of God, holding the form of religion but denying the power of it." 2 Timothy 3:1-5

Of course, all this Bible talk is just silly - isn't it?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
If God is everything, therefore we are all God, as are the trees, the flowers, the sky, the sun, even YU55. And if God is love, pure blissful love without end, then so shall we must be as well. Through love and compassion, we must give a hand to those who have fallen down, and heal the wounds of the injured.

Through this, our love expands seven fold. But if we dismiss others who don't hold the same religious or philosophical views, then we are going against the very principles of what God is, and what we are, which is everything that there could ever be.

The left hand gets a cut, the right hand bandages it, not out of a sense of morality or "feeling good", but because we must. The left and right hand are part of the same body.

So don't exclude people from Heaven, or believe that God will crush unbelievers. We're all in this together, because God is you and I, I am you, and you are me.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Like your posts ManjshriPrajna!

Just wanted to say, I know a guy that practiced love and compassion, talked about not throwing the first stone, etc. - he ended up being crucified.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

I know. It's a terrible shame what happened to Jesus. I wouldn't wish that upon even my worst enemies.

Wait, I don't have enemies. Ha.

He lived in a society fueled by blind religious narcissism, and for daring to say he was God, he was killed in the name of their vapid Judaic morality.

But if I should be killed for what I say, then let it be so. I have nothing to hold onto in this world, and I don't fear the illusion of death.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

I understand completely.

Peace to you my friend.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I endorse this product and/or service.

I love it when a christo-tard preaches his goat herding religion to the 21st century.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taz2122
reply to post by colbe

Go away, devil worshipper.

A father who commands his child (Abraham) to sacrifice his own son, commit genocide and all the other atrocities mentioned in the so called "holy scriptures" is someone I won't touch with a bargepole.

You religious nutheads are so utterly brainwashed it's not even funny.

I hereby wish ATS could allow multiple stars to be submitted by a user for a post!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

Do you think its possible Atheists are there to challenge your beliefs, even that God might have instilled that belief in them to challenge those who do not believe?

We all return to God in the end, Atheist or otherwise... so why trouble yourself with others lack of belief in God?

Everything has a purpose my friend, including your Atheist brothers...

When it comes down to it, we're all part of the whole

Amen and AMEN to that my friend, could not have said it better.
Too much division and not enough love going around. xoxox For ya this morning!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wait...what? In your last thread you said LA/SF is about to get destroyed by god...they're both still here. So you have to understand why I think your posts are kinda ridiculous. Are you one of those crazy Christian fundemantalists who believe the world's about to end soon(TM)? Because it's always supposed to happen soon...but in reality, crazy people who believe to be god's mouthpiece have been wrong for hundreds of years

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
God the Father's "Act of Mercy" (Revelation 6:12-17) is the Great Warning.

Message to Maria

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 @ 01:00 pm

My daughter mankind will now be shown the hand of My mercy as the arrival of My Son becomes imminent.

To all those tortured souls in disarray I say to you put your trust in Me, God the Father. I who created every one of you with love and compassion want to save every precious child of mine.

I do not want to lose one of you including those who sneer at Me. Prepare for the greatest gift which is being prepared for you. I will prevent Satan from snatching you if you will allow Me. I cannot force you to accept this Act of Mercy. What saddens Me is that many of you will reject this hand of My mercy. You will not be strong enough. Yet when you witness the truth as it will be revealed to you during The Warning you will attempt to grasp it like a lifeline.

You must ask Me for the strength to allow Me to save you from eternal damnation. I call on atheists especially one last time. Do not reject the truth when it is proven to you. If you do you are lost to Me forever.

God the Father

www.thewarningsecondcoming.com...

aha, the imaginary friend can write.
is there anyone who actually buys this?

wanna fill your short life with delusion? be my guest.
unneeded disclosure: i'm a cynic and an atheist

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
for all the hardcore bible thumping christians dont you think it's odd that your god choose humanity over his own son. and why is it that jesus never said he was the son of god only those around him made that statement. and what about all the other books not in the bible ? jesus had siblings why no mention of them? why does the sacrament at most churches symbolize Cannibalism the bread is flesh and the wine is blood, sounds pretty satanic to me. the questions I have could go on for several pages but I think some of you get the point why has the bible been changed so many times it's like a game of broken telephone the original message is different by the time it gets to you.........................................I am sorry if I offended some of your beliefs, they are your own and I do respect that but there are serious questions that need answers beyond blind faith. I need to know the who what where when and why?
edit on 8-11-2011 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Any help for those of us that don't believe in atheist's?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm not an atheist, but I can't accept most people's interpretation of the bible's meaning.

I know there is a higher power or "God". I also believe in the power of "Jesus Christ" and other enlightened human souls. I know there is true evil in the world. I freely admit I don't understand exactly what or how all these things interact and relate to each other. I wish others that have opinion would stop saying they "know" things when they only offer opinions.

I believe the bible can be interpreted any way you like depending on your wanted outcome. This is clearly the case by listening to any number of people "preach" any given passage and hearing how all of them are different in some way and many times in their overall message. This may be intentional or what they actually believe, but it doesn't matter in the end if the message is wrong.

I don't think any of us truly understand what's happening here and why spiritually speaking. Fear and ignorance rule. There is evil in the world, to me this is an absolute fact. Now exactly what that evil is and why it's manifesting in whatever way I don't know. Somehow I know in my heart, God is not vain, vindictive, punishing or angry. So the first negates any doubt there is a spiritual "world" or plane, and the second negates my trust in current Christian beliefs.

Throughout history the church has been an uplifting presence and also one of the most evil corrupt institutions on the planet. This is not opinion, it's an absolute fact. Murder, sex, corruption, power struggles. People don't trust the church overall and rightly so, it's common sense. In doing so we miss out on the good it has to offer as well. That's the real problem. People cannot accept or acknowledge this fact and therefore push potential followers away.

Your opinion on this is valid. So are all they other opinions that differ. The bible is such an interesting "sandbox" to play in and I'm sure "God" is entertained by all the different games his children play, and maybe he smiles just as broadly at the other children who stayed in class to study.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join