It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Job Applications Dumped On 'Occupy' Protesters By Chicago Board Of Trade

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

On top of cold weather and logistical pains, "Occupy" protesters in Chicago last week dealt with an embarrassing stunt. Dozens of photocopied McDonald's job applications were reportedly thrown from the Chicago Board of Trade building and onto Occupy Chicago protestors earlier this week, according to Chicagoist (h/t Mediaite).

source

Wow...how rude. So everyone's supposed to go work at McDonalds flipping burgers, this will solve ALL of our problems, yeah right.
edit on 6-11-2011 by bekisu because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Nov 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I wonder if any one filled out one?

+34 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

Well if that just doesn't prove they want us all as serfs, I don't know what will. IMHO, McD's and the likes with their garbage food should be shut down, and that's my $.02.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

Rude yes, ill advised yes, funny a little bit...

Let them keep making jokes, as long as they don't get how serious it is they wont see it coming.

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

No riot gear response to that. I thought litter and sanitation concerns were paramount for many of the police forces involved in protecting the free citizens of this fine country.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekisu

On top of cold weather and logistical pains, "Occupy" protesters in Chicago last week dealt with an embarrassing stunt. Dozens of photocopied McDonald's job applications were reportedly thrown from the Chicago Board of Trade building and onto Occupy Chicago protestors earlier this week, according to Chicagoist (h/t Mediaite).

Source

Wow...how rude. So everyone's supposed to go work at McDonalds flipping burgers, this will solve ALL of our problems, yeah right.

I don't see how this would be embarassing for the protesters.

It sure does seem like an embarassing stunt for whomever did it though , and it's a shame they don't find out who it was because they need to be assigned some court ordered community service cleaning up litter.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

Wouldn't really call it rude, someone was trying to help.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by bekisu

Well if that just doesn't prove they want us all as serfs, I don't know what will. IMHO, McD's and the likes with their garbage food should be shut down, and that's my $.02.

I agree...you can't really call the stuff McDonalds serves "food" it's like pseudo-food/poison.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

There ya go, get a job at Mac Daddy Donalds, he'll take goooood care of ya. mmmmhmmm.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Source is not working?
We'll see how the ones who dumped that trash on the OWS people feel when they get their own pink slips and the shoe's on the other foot.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I wonder if any one filled out one?

Well if they did, there's a long line,

In April, McDonald's announced plans to hire 50,000 new employees in a single day. The fast food giant was subsequently flooded with more than one million applications, a McDonald's spokeswoman told HuffPost in April. As of October, there are officially 13.9 million unemployed people in America today

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is exactly what they are protesting. McJobs are the only jobs left for the majority of the people.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera
Source is not working?
We'll see how the ones who dumped that trash on the OWS people feel when they get their own pink slips and the shoe's on the other foot.

Fixed it, the link should be working now.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why wouldn't they get a littering citation or ticket?

1% immune to that too, I see.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

I wonder if they would think it was still funny if people started boycotting McDonalds? I don't eat there anyway, but it just might send a message to them...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

Mcdonalds, and other fast food places are not all as bad as you hear. I don't mind a big mac once every few months or so.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
This is exactly what they are protesting. McJobs are the only jobs left for the majority of the people.

Exactly... It must suck to have a college degree and mountains of student loan debt, and the only job you can get is flipping burgers and saying "would you like fries with that."

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

Yes, it is. Thanks!

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
so the message is, the occupy movement is too lazy to work ?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekisu

Originally posted by satron

Exactly... It must suck to have a college degree and mountains of student loan debt, and the only job you can get is flipping burgers and saying "would you like fries with that."

If this is truly the future of the work force in America, then they seriously are going to need to legalize drugs, because everyone is going to need them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join