It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Five Days the World Could End (As You Know It)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

If you woke up in five days and there was no electricity, no internet, no cell phones, what would you do? As for me, I'll answer that question at the end of this article. But why worry, it's not going to happen. But it could and I'll explain it briefly

In five days, a large “benevolent monster” of a sunspot is turning to face the Earth. The most active part of the entire sun since 2005. And “it's still growing,” according to Jess Whittington, a forecaster at the federal Space Weather Prediction Center. This “benevolent monster” of a sunspot will only be facing our planet for two weeks.

The consequences of this is dire, if you only understand what happens if this “benevolent monster” of a sunspot unleashes it's full fury upon our small planet. Let's go back in time to 1859

From August 28 until September 2, 1859, the earth faced a similar scenario such as what is occurring in five days. On September 1, 1859, the largest flare came unleashed a coronal mass ejection straight at the Earth. And just 18 hours later, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm hit the Earth.

In Boston, the light was so bright that even at 1:00 AM, people could read the newspaper without any other light sources around them. The currents in long Telegraph wires in both the United States and Europe experienced induced ElectroMagnetic Force. Fires broke out in the telegraph offices and even shocked the telegraph operators. Auroras were seen in Hawaii, Mexico, Cuba and Italy. This was the 1859 solar superstorm.

In five days, the electric grid to the United States could be virtually destroyed in the northern Half of the United States. With 130 million people without electricity for 4 to 10 years as 350 transformers are destroyed. The entire Alaska Pipeline could erupt into a fireball. All land line telephones could be destroyed.

So in five days, if a solar superstorm such as the one that hit the Earth in 1859 hits the Earth again, then I'll calmly sit back and open my Bible and read it under the 1:00 AM lights.

Link to full story.

Isn't it interesting?

We have the possiblity of an asteroid event on 11/9 as well as a FEMA alert, odd earthquakes escalating in number and intensity throughout the world, perhaps the looming start of WW3 in a conflict with Iran and/or Syria, the possibilty of an eruption in the Canary Islands which could cause a Tsunami that would wipe out most of the eastern coast of the US while the west coast is being inundated with radiation from Fukushima. Not to mention the many New Age ceremonies being planned for 11/11/11 involving interactions with the Spirit World which will only bring into manifestation, Heaven knows what! Of course, there are still concerns about a global economic collapse, social chaos beyond imagination and the disintegration of OWS which could result in a martial law situation. Let's see - have I left anything out? Probably, but please feel free to add your comments and concerns.

Have a wonderful day!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

A world without ATS? NOOOOO! It just can't happen. Back to reality...

Interesting thread!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I love thinking of things like this.

I don't know that anything will happen, but anyone with an ounce of logic could sit down in a quiet room, open up the big picture in his/her mind of all the events of 2011, and think: "Well we're in for a treat." of course by "treat" I mean a cataclysmic agonizingly painful death! Mwahaha. No, I'm kidding about that last part. I do apologize for my lack of seriousness but it pays dividends to say that this year really HAS been an odd one. I cant help but feeling something awful is going to happen. But who knows - and I'm not afraid. Can't stop it but damn I'm lucky if I get to live in these times.

Thanks for the thread! It was interesting.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

Only one minor thing comes to mind that might be overlooked in that list of things revolving around the 11th:

UN Vote for Palestinian Statehood

Rumor has it, that can be expected on....(drum roll)...the 11th. I do wonder if anything else can happen on or around that day? I'm with you on the OP. The end of this week ought to have SOMETHING major happen just by sheer law of averages given how many things are in play. It won't be boring this week, to be sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Im sorry that is no longer true.

Operation solar shield will turn off the electric grid and power down the sats in space before either is damaged.

Google solar shield and nasa. there is a recent one from this summer.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle

If you woke up in five days and there was no electricity, no internet, no cell phones, what would you do?

Curse Sundays, once more...

I often wonder what people would do if this were to occur. Just how much do people value their gadgets and luxuries.

All it would mean for me is I'd probably trip on the ripped carpet on the way to the loo...

edit on 6/11/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: too many quote tags

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
At the risk of sounding offensive on numerous fronts, I'd like to state, that I am not a religious man, but when I pray, it's for something like this to happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
more 11 11 11 CRAP ....
wake up earth is older than 2011 years ....
ffs this forum is heading more and more towards "above insanity"

I woke up earlier this year and there was no electricity, gee it turned out a transformer blew up, maybe the greys hit it with their ray gun ... lol

edit on 6/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

Burgo, man, I don't really see this thread as any kind of promotion for 11/11/11 doomsday. I see a truthful account of a solar superstorm that did indeed occur. I also see a list of odd occurences and dates, that coincidentally are around 11/11//11. But, yeah, I do see yr point, and there always does seem to be quite a few Doomsday style prediction threads and whatnot. In all honesty though, I have a bigger problem with duplicate threads, responds to posts where the replier has obviously not read the OP in full or followed and read any links, and to non productive, insulting, or derailing posts. Not saying yours is any of these though, to be clear.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
unfortunately solar superstorms are real

there is something special about it too....it was not a relative problem to earthlings before...whilst we know that the universe is such a dangerous place to live in..with all the means and ways armageddon can happen...asteroid strike, radiation from a supernova...solar storms only recently was added to the list..since what it destroys our civilization by modern means..killing our technology

i'm yet not entirely convinced the world has prepared enough for it...at least my country did not

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Everybody who dismisses the problems of living without electricity should think again.

I come from a country where there are constantly problems, every few weeks something breaks down and we go sit outside with a lantern for a few hours. If its daytime, we don't even notice.

But in a big city and electricity down for weeks, there will be no tripping on the carpet on your way to the toilet, because the toilet will be useless.

Only one of the minor problems.

I do NOT believe in doom on certain dates, don't think dates are relevant at all, the are man made.

But it is kind of funny these sunspot start facing the earth around 11.11.11

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
does a benevolent monster of a sunspot really exist ? is there any proof of that ? will it really cause all of this ?

wait , is it this one?

where is Chad when you need him

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
For the people that are wishing for a solar flare to strike earth,

Think about the people in hospitals, that could die as a result of a massive power outage. Think about the new born babies that are in incubators etc...

Stop wishing that your doom and gloom fantasies come true and come back to reality.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Unnecessary death is a terrible thing however it may come. Good thing, as you suggest, it's just a fantasy, huh?
Just because I entertain the idea of zombies, doesn't mean I wish all my loved ones, and the entire population death. Its a fun exercise of, uh, fantasy.
edit on 11/6/2011 by GoodDocGonzo because: for comedy and tragedy

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
For the people that are wishing for a solar flare to strike earth,

Think about the people in hospitals, that could die as a result of a massive power outage. Think about the new born babies that are in incubators etc...

Stop wishing that your doom and gloom fantasies come true and come back to reality.

you call these fantasies?

Solar Cycle 24 coming......check
Every hundred years or so the cycle release tsunami of radiation......check
This event already happened many times before in the planets history......check
Last time it happened in 1859 in which all wires burnt......check
The Sun was too quiet between 2004 and 2009 scientist worried of mini ice age......check
But Then they checked and last time the Sun was observed like this was in 1859......check
So there are similarities between the 1859 event and Solar Cycle 24......check
Governments know about it......check

so now i think we can have a problem here..

Solution : Not much to do really..just change electricity to something else

Reply : to what?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Only line in that article worth repeating is this one:

But why worry, it's not going to happen
Most active region since 2005 huh? And we all remember the devastation caused by the superstorm in 2005 right? Oh wait, there wasn't any.

Why on Earth are we jumping straight to suggesting this will be anything like 1859? Sunspots happen all the time. If anything, this solar cycle is even quieter than it usually is.

I like my daily doom-thread as much as the next ATS'er, but this one is grasping at some pretty thin straws.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I call it a fantasy because it has not yet happened.

Can it happen? Of course it can, but it hasn't happened in over a hundred years

It's a typical doom and gloom fantasy, because people are wishing this happens.

Therefore its a fantasy to some

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I suppose the differences for me are: unlike other "crazy" doomsday style threads, such as zombies, or human created blackholes, or planets hitting Earth, is that solar superstorms with severe negative consequences, have been recorded in fairly recent history (as stated in OP), rather than some unknown, or purely speculative doomsday scenario. Do I think we are all in for a death by solar flare on Friday? No. Do I think that there is an infinitesimal chance? Sure. Summary: If it has happened before...
edit on 11/6/2011 by GoodDocGonzo because: Further exploration of original thought

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

I call it a fantasy because it has not yet happened.

Can it happen? Of course it can, but it hasn't happened in over a hundred years

It's a typical doom and gloom fantasy, because people are wishing this happens.

Therefore its a fantasy to some

with all respect I think that you do not know a lot on this subject

this is not a doom fantasy at all..

doom fantasy is like YU55 asteroid..science is telling you its not a problem and doomers dont listen...

this is all backed up by science..and no one is listening

bare in mind that during this cycle..our shields will be down since NASA discovered a breach in the magnetosphere 3 times the size of Earth

Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field Discovered

also here is the evidence that this cycle might be similar to the 1859 event..

The great geomagnetic storm of 1859, for instance, occurred during a solar cycle of about the same size we’re predicting for 2013."

New Solar Cycle Prediction

educating yourself might safe you and your loved ones..this is serious stuff...backed up by science...

so if a scientist tells you YU55 wont hit Earth you believe him..

when a scientist tell you to prepare for cycle 24..everybody ignores..perfect world we live in

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I know its real

I'm one of the biggest space nerds you can come across, I know that these things can wreck havoc on civilization.

It's a fantasy to some people because they are hoping it happens to fulfill their own survivalist dream, because they think it will be like in the movies and the fallout games. That's why it's a fantasy to people, because they don't realize the true power and the damage that these things can do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join