It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Five Days the World Could End (As You Know It)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
So, we're all going to die? Yes?

Good to know, I was expecting ever lasting life.

But now I can die scared and confused.

Awesome.

ps, it wont happen in the lifetime of anyone reading this post, just so you know.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

Greetings:

BREAKING NEWS!

Don Lemon - CNN - just said,"... there's an asteroid coming at Earth at 30,000 mph - stay tuned - we'll tell you when to take cover!!!

In Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Well isn't that just lovely eh?

I'm going to go get my popcorn ready to enjoy the fireworks!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Easy Now! Im pretty sure Don Lemon is gonna bring Doomsday to us all! That cat gives me the creeps.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This is inevitable.

When your lives rely on modern conveniences that rely on man made power....
Its almost certain that things will fail.
It's just a matter of time.
Which is sort of like using the Scientific Method.

Why?
Because, in these days, man thinks he is invincible.

Until this happens.

Then it smacks society so hard, that chaos erupts.
Because instead of learning to live without power, we find out that we can't live without it.
Which is a problem, in that no one knows what would happen, should we lose the "grid".
Hospitals will shut down, banks will freeze, services will fail.
People will panic because they spent their lives learning how to spend money.
They wasted their entire existance (and brainpower) learning how ignorance is bliss.
Instead of learning how to keep warm.
Or how to be self-sufficient.
That's just life as an ignorant species.
And it gets worse with time.
(excluding most ATS members
)

The inevitable:
No one can stop these things from occurring.
But people can prepare and learn what to do. (it's really not that hard)
But they don't.
We are too busy working everyday to achieve "success".
In a materialistic, ignorant world.

When humans ignore warning signs, or even history for that matter...
Bad things happen.

Take a good look around yourselves....
How many people do you think would survive a total grid failure?
Especially in the northeast with no heat/power?
There will be alot of confused people.
They will wonder why they spent their lives worried about Facebook...
Instead of learning how to make fire from anything in their surroundings.
Just to keep warm.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle

We have the possiblity of an asteroid event on 11/9 as well as a FEMA alert, odd earthquakes escalating in number and intensity throughout the world, perhaps the looming start of WW3 in a conflict with Iran and/or Syria, the possibilty of an eruption in the Canary Islands which could cause a Tsunami that would wipe out most of the eastern coast of the US while the west coast is being inundated with radiation from Fukushima. Not to mention the many New Age ceremonies being planned for 11/11/11 involving interactions with the Spirit World which will only bring into manifestation, Heaven knows what! Of course, there are still concerns about a global economic collapse, social chaos beyond imagination and the disintegration of OWS which could result in a martial law situation. Let's see - have I left anything out? Probably, but please feel free to add your comments and concerns.

Have a wonderful day!

And I could step off a curb and get hit by a bus tomorrow!

Yes, I will have a wonderful day thanks. I try to make each and every one count, because there could be any form of doom waiting just around the corner!~

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Well isn't that just lovely eh?

I'm going to go get my popcorn ready to enjoy the fireworks!

Greetings:

What a puff piece!

Speaking of 'puff pieces' - check this out from February of this year - pre-3/11
(remember when...?)

(...)

Also, to further your journey down this particular rabbit hole (this is, IMHO, a false flag to draw attention to the real possibility of an "event" in mid-to-late October which involves Elinin and a recently-found new guest to the table...2005-YU55...which arrives just in time for the "11-11-11" prophecies (the actual date is 8/11/2011).

The rock, 2005-YU55 has been documented at about 400 meters/1312 feet in size and inbound at about 15.5 kps/34 672 mph/50 853/sec.

Compare this to Elinin: NO SIZE, and inbound at 23.7 kps/53 015 mph.

To make it something to actually relate to (can you actually conceptualize 53 000 mph?), it is 25 918 yards per second...about 260 football fields laid end-to-end PER SECOND.

Now, here is where it gets interesting.

It has not exactly been frontpage news in the drive-by media (thanks Rush) that 2005-YU55 will come inside the orbit of the moon. The moon being about 384 403 km/238 857 miles distance from Earth, 2005 YU55 will whiz between the Earth and the Moon at a distance of 315 000 km/201/314 miles.

Interesting that Don picked pit Texas as an impact point and was immediately talked over by the other talking head who said 'Not to worry - ONLY a 7.8 earthquake!!

Where's that Big Fat Furry Texan when we need him?

BFFT - dial in here and let us know what you think and will you be our 'ear to the ground' in Texas for the arrival of 2005-YU55? This could be good fodder for your BFFT blog, n'est-ce pas?

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

but it hasn't happened in over a hundred years

Yes, this is also why the residents of Virginia were so shocked when they had their quakes (which are still happening, but nobody's reporting it), the insurance companies there weren't offering quake insurance, and they took the earthquake sensors out of the nuclear power plant in Louisa to save money, which still isn't up and running.

When people become complacent and start to believe that something isn't going to happen because too much time has passed, this is when it will strike.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
One thing that people are ignoring (Maybe on purpose?), is that tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people will die if a large CME took out the planets electrical grid.

Anyone dependent upon medications to live, people with pace makers or dialysis machines, etc will die. Some quickly, others not so much.

People seem to blow off CME's as if they are nothing. For the most part they are nothing and provide a pretty show in the sky.

But if one big one hit us, we would be totally screwed. As previous posters have said, to many people have been dumbed down.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Good little speech there.

I don't want to see the grid go down. Especially not during colder temps. I don't have any family or friends that would be stricken if the grid would go down, but I have parrots and already thinking about how I'd keep them warm if this were to happen.

This may not seem like a big deal to some, but my animals are my children. For those who have human children, they need to wake up and start thinking about what they're going to do for them.
I'm just happy to not be an ostrich.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

What a wonderful summary of modern day human conditions.

I often wonder how much better off we'd all be instead of poo-pooing these possible scenarios we were all preparing for them instead, as you suggest.

Thanks for a practical, common sense approach to an almost unimaginable catastrophe.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yikes, we all knew it was coming though-thanks to ATS. I've been telling people for years that a solar storm is coming. I saw the Northern Lights for the first time in my life 2 weeks ago in Indiana!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This isn't a fantasy for me. If this was to truly happen and we where hit hard enough to kill our power grids then it was nice knowing all of you.
Instantly there would be no running water, no prescriptions for the sick or mentally ill. Yep a lot of crazies would get crazier and the sick would get worse. Most cars wouldn't run. Rest homes and hospitals would eventually be left to fend for themselves. A lot of drug addicts wouldn't get there fix and after awhile then you're also dealing with them. Food would be ransacked off the store shelves in under two days along with anything else of use. The forests would be filled with hunters who in a short time would kill off anything there. In short, many would die. Maybe most. There wouldn't be enough resources to keep everyone going for a long period of time and the ones who have prepared and are doing well will have to defend themselves and their stuff from everyone around them. We would die off until our numbers match the food available.

You might think your ready for this and that you have enough food and guns to ward off an army but then you'll realize your fighting your neighbors who already surround you and they are also armed.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why has no one noticed that the original article was written 3 days ago, making the date this would happen November 8th, not the 11th? Just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
In case anyone is interested in an update -

Current sunspot activity 11/6/11
edit on 11/6/2011 by ShakaDoodle because: Corrected link.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

No cellphones...no internet....and no electricity...how is the loss of these the end of the world ? If the loss of these amenities means the end of the world to you then you really need to take a break and get out some. I personally would welcome the loss of cell phones...tired of drunk texters at 3 oclock in the morning

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I might be talking a lot of rubbish here but its just come to me that 11/11/11 was 2000 years ago if you think about it, its only 11/11/11 next week because of the way we write the date, if you want to make yourself feel better just think friday as 11/11/2011. There may be no logic in what i've just said but i found it interesting, i personally think nothing will happen, apart from this solar storm which could be very bad.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

you said tou would answer that question at the end so where is your answer

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

I've thought about how much we rely on electricity and it is frightening. Even our water system relies on electricity. We city dwellers would suffer a bit more than just no tv, Internet, and texting.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

We have the possiblity of an asteroid event on 11/9 as well as a FEMA alert, odd earthquakes escalating in number and intensity throughout the world, perhaps the looming start of WW3 in a conflict with Iran and/or Syria, the possibilty of an eruption in the Canary Islands which could cause a Tsunami that would wipe out most of the eastern coast of the US while the west coast is being inundated with radiation from Fukushima. Not to mention the many New Age ceremonies being planned for 11/11/11 involving interactions with the Spirit World which will only bring into manifestation, Heaven knows what! Of course, there are still concerns about a global economic collapse, social chaos beyond imagination and the disintegration of OWS which could result in a martial law situation. Let's see - have I left anything out? Probably, but please feel free to add your comments and concerns.

I totally hear you and agree but.........as long as I still have to go to work tomorrow and deal with my boss NONE of this means ANYTHING!!!!

People,(the masses) including myself will never Never NEVER take any of this stuff seriously until it personally effeects them in a very direct way. This isn't to say that I am a sceptic or a debunker 'cuz I'm not.
I know full well that we are getting ready to go thru hell on Earth but, until it is something I have to deal with directly, until I don't have to go into work because........It doesn't exist anymore,
, until I can't get out of my own neighborhood because the streets are buckled up beyond repair due to massive EQs, until I see hoards of Zombies wandering around aimlessly outside my house, I just have to take it all with a grain of salt otherwise I will be a depressed miserable wreck.

I have done all the preparing I am going to do, now it is time to live life and enjoy my family until I no longer can.

peace.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join