It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires and teens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Have you ever seen a child (or an adult for that matter) sat in front of a tv, do you not see that trance like stare?
Hypnosis.
And whats to remove when you get them young?
edit on 6-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Someone once said to me that therapy is brain washing, i said good it needs washing to remove all the lies that have been put there.
This is not about 'brainwashing' it is about programming.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

A teenager has already developed the majority of their core values. You just have to remind them of those values.

With the exception of hypnosis channeled via entertainment, it doesn't work. Chances are the crap like that will not be in a vampire movie, it'll be in something that even the most devout christian would want to watch.

The success rate of hypnosis as a form of mind control is also highly debatable. The only real method of mind control that has been documented to work, is the break down and build up technique, because you're essentially rewriting an adult as if it were a child.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

That's strange. So why do companies pay so much to advertize their products on tv commercials???
If you are not aware of programming then you are most definatly being programmed sublimanly.
It's big business.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

They pay big bucks to get their name and product out. That's called advertising.
Nothing about that is mind control. Now, if you get up from your chair and simply must go buy Tampax tampons after watching the commercial, and you're a guy, then you got yourself some #ing mind control!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

And where do you think they have learned their 'core values'? You may say that you don't put your children in front of a screen but most use it as the ulimate baby sitter.
Do you consider Disney ok for children?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

They learn that from you! Take responsibility for your children.
If Disney or any other form of entertainment becomes a source of values for your child, then they are watching too much of it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Flashing images straight into a mind does programme it. Advertizing and mind control is very big business in this consummer world.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

What i am saying is that people don't realize that the content of the screen is programming the society to do what society (the establishment) wants you to do.
Children will indeed learn from the parents, that is if they spend time with the parents but more and more parents don't have time and think it is acceptable to stick their kids in front of a screen. Many homes have at least one screen in each room these days.
You say it is not possible to programme any one.
But advertizing works.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

For every mindless, empty, depressed, pathetic sheep that allows that, there's three more that couldn't care less what the picture box says.

Those same sheep would probably be dictated by any outside influence.

edit on 6-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

That's my point though, if there is no thought involved and it has not be examined then you become the voluntary 'brainwashee'.
Awareness is key.
Do not deny ignorance, seek it out.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

You become a volunteer for brainwashing when you cease to live for a reason and let outside influences define you. Which just so happens to be older than television and probably recorded history.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Are children volunteers?
Can children be responsible for what they see?
Do those children not become adults who have been programmed since birth?
Is society not shaped by the screen?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Yes they can. Children are fully functional humans. They are surprisingly smart people. A healthy child is not necessarily a sheep at all. A child with self esteem issues and depression may be a sheep though.

That same child could also be susceptible to any other outside influence as well. Again, the idea is older than television. Everything a child is exposed to is taken in, and compared to that which is already there. If the new subject matter does not directly contradict a more important source (mom and dad), then the child accepts it as truth. If the child feels that whatever entertainment medium is more important than the parents, that's a failure at parenting.

Ideally the child should consider mom and dad the end all determination in learning new things, so anything new would be inquired about later. You know all those questions kids ask? That's why they do it!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I have just seen on the news that yet another vampire movie is huge.

This series of vampire movies has teens enthralled.

This is evil negative stuff.

And while our teens are enraptured by this, they are learning negative behaviour. And these movies have a huge sexual thrill in order to capture these young people.

So they are learning that it is OK to suck the heart and soul out of people.

They are not learning kindness or consideration of others.

They are learning this message "Have impulsive sex with a dangerous, handsome person, and to hell with the consequences."

May I suggest Bambi?

Seems to be more your liking.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I have just seen on the news that yet another vampire movie is huge.

Well you need to talk to generations of teenagers then, some of whom who might be very old, if not dead by now.

Vampire movies are nothing new, and date back many years.

www.vampire-empire.com...

Nosferatu dates back to 1922. If you are any kind of a vampire fan at all you are probably familiar with this 1922 film. The story itself is said to be an unauthorized adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

It's important not only to speak to your children about these types of movies being fantasies, but also about how anything they see in a movie or on television is likely to be a fantasy also.

It's a parents job to instill proper morals and values in children. Not Hollywood!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
In my opinion it all starts with good family values, secure loving parents and clear boundaries/healthy teachings, set up for the kids.

When that is done, it does not really matter what the "outer" world has to offer the children, because they will know right from wrong and be able to set those things apart, and always return to the parents for the proper guidance, instead of the "brainwashing society" telling them what to do.

In other words, the children will grow up into smart and healthy individuals.

Think more about that than what movies to forbid.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I agree with this statement.

Slaves to society are the ones that believe they have the most freedoms. Teens are most impressonable. They are experencing an internal struggle, they are searching for the truths. There is a lot of confusion. What is fed to them, is what will grow within them.

The good news is that as the continue their growth, physically, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, because nothing is stagnate, they will come to find there own truths. This may take years and years sometimes far into later adulthood.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think people make too big a deal out of these things in an attempt to ignore they have horrible parenting skills. I mean this is just entertainment. I mean its just like when in the olden days when parents thought that rock music in general was evil. There is always something. Lol.

But at the same time kids find what speaks to them. When I was an angry teen mad at the world and govt I turned to Punk music because I could identify with it. It got me through some really crappy times. That was just a phase though.

The values my parents instilled in me or my moral compass always set my back on track no matter how far off course I may have veered. But in the words of Eminem 'And they blame it on Marilyn (on Marilyn).. and the heroin Where were the parents at? And look where it's at'

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The vampire stories have always been around and captured imaginations. It's not like your little girl is actually gonna go out and find one of these vampire dudes.

Did you know the writer of the Twilight series purposefully left out sexually explicit material from her books? She also made it a point that the main character wait until marriage

The dark subjects make some people uncomfortable, but I'm sure there are plenty of kids who love to read that stuff. I was drawn to those kind of stories as a teenager, vampires, ghosts, horror stories. It's just imagination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join