It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positivity Thread for Sad & Lonely Souls (help me make it if you enjoy spreading happiness)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Don't let the ******** grind you down.

I'm also all for any cyber hugs.

Keep your chins up guys.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Thanks for that. The parrots made me smile. I feel really sad today so also a big thanks to the OP for the thread. Hopefully it will get a lot more responses.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by creatureme
Hi guys!

Lying in my bed, surfing the internet.. I don't feel sleepy. It's boring and my current activity seems meaningless. I feel somewhat blue for no reason. (It's a normal thing for me) Anxiety is about to creep up behind me, I can feel it..

So, how about making a thread for those who wish to do something with their positivity. A thread for people to post positive things like funny stories, positive thoughts, jokes, good o'l cyberhugs
, a good experience, good memories - you get the idea right? A thread to comfort the sad, the lonely, the lost, the angry.. the ones who need positivity in their life.. Hey.. even Mother Earth needs comfort.. she may be the one who needs it the most - although.. I don't think she is an Ats lurker

BUT - I have one condition, try to be yourself as much as you can when posting something, alright?
Let's spread the Love all over this place peeps!

edit on 5-11-2011 by creatureme because: wrongspell

Be active. Use brain teasers. Push bad thoughts out as soon as they arrive. Watch funny dvd's. force yourself to smile as feelings works both ways, you're sad you frown, you smile you get happy.

ATS is often full of tools so it's most likely not the best place to be if an anxiety attack is on the way.

Take care.

edit on 6-11-2011 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

Hope this helps, put on the headphones, turn up the music and hope you like dogs, trees, blue skies, water, grass, mooses and butterflies.

Make your screen as big as possible.

These made my soul relax and at peace, hope it does likewise for you.

edit on 6-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: added moose video because it's so cute. I like cute.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

You say you feel blue for no reason and then declare that soon the anxiety will start. You are believeing anxiety into existance. You have ordered it from the cosmos and now you purchase it.
No matter what appears whether it is blueness, anxiety or whatever, you must be more flippant. Say 'oh look', and look at the feeling, the sensation, it is just a bunch of energy, like a firework going off, see it and it will pass.
All states (blueness, anxiety etc) appear against a clear background. The clear background is where you should put/keep the attention. You are like the sky and feelings, sensations are like clouds passing by.
What people do is stick there head in the cloud and believe they are trapped by a cloud, that they are the cloud (sensation, anxiety). The sky can not be trapped by a cloud.

And that's what I did! I made a positive thread and then my ''unhappiness'' went away!

It's by the way amazing to see all the positive posts posted by now and I also noticed one member who were in a need for some positive energy and found it here in this thread!

edit on 6-11-2011 by creatureme because: editpiaf

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm glad positive, uplifting threads show up every once and a while here. It's all well and nice, and interesting reading, to see all of the impending doomsday events.

But life isn't meant to be taken seriously. There's nothing you need to do, only what you want to do. It's all one big game, and you decide what rules are best for it.

So, if you want to play the game of doom and gloom, and that you're not really worth much at all in the grand scheme of things, that's fine. That's your game to play.

However, you can do away with the rules and just live the purposeless life. Dance when the music is good, walk on warm day for no other reason than just to walk, and stop calculating everything so much. The real game, I think, which is much truer to reality and has no rules, is the game of everything. Of course you can do whatever you want as long as you put your mind to it, of course you can change the world. You are the world, after all.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm listening to Joy to the World by Three Dog Night right now.

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by timi0000

What a coincidence. I am listen to Drowning Pool's Let the Bodies hit the floor.

link   
dp
edit on 6-11-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

link   
tp
edit on 6-11-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I saw a motivational speech regarding self worth it was pretty powerful.This guy shouted and cursed at a $100.Then stumped on it and crumpled it up and then asked the audience what it was worth.Of course it was still $100 and his point was no matter what happens our value hasn't changed.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"Where shadows fall, light is nearby." from Ong Bak 3

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
I saw a motivational speech regarding self worth it was pretty powerful.This guy shouted and cursed at a $100.Then stumped on it and crumpled it up and then asked the audience what it was worth.Of course it was still $100 and his point was no matter what happens our value hasn't changed.

This one really dug its way into my system

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

i think im a receiver of sad and painful feelings as i feel them all the time
but i think that if i feel them then someone somewhere isnt
and meybe thats helping somewhere

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Omg i so needed a thread like this, lets just say my days havent been good, but since this is a positive thread im gonna add my positive reply ,mw3 is almost here and im excited to go to the midnight realise !!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
www.humanmetrics.com...

Take that test. One of my managers/mentors at works sent me this personality test (which actually proved to be quite accurate).

"Know thyself!"

I found that understanding myself has given me the ability to 'find happiness' or find direction within my life.

What personality type are you?

(I'm an INFP)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it. - Confucius

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsMyName

INTP - Fun test, a lot of the info about the type sounds pretty much like me...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

edit on 6-11-2011 by redstorm because: Peace & positivity hip hip hooray.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

A road trip to the mountains always brings happiness, nice vid!
Cyberhugs sent and a little song of lift today:

Peace,
spec

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join