It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positivity Thread for Sad & Lonely Souls (help me make it if you enjoy spreading happiness)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
One of my favorite songs/videos for starting the day:

Peace and love.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
After some thought, I have decided to share a little note my best friend left for me. I would like you to think about it, too:

You are beautiful and you are loved.

Hah, now you can't unthink it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I hope that I will always be for each person
what he or she needs me to be.
I hope that each person's death will diminish me,
but that fear of my own will never diminish my joy of life.
I hope that my love for those whom I like will never lessen
my love for those whom I do not.
I hope that another person's love for me will never
be a measure of my love for him or her.
I hope that everybody will accept me as I am,
but that I never will.
I hope that I will always ask for forgiveness from others,
but will never need to be asked for my own . . .
I hope that I will always recognize my limitations,
but that I will construct none.
I hope that loving will always be my goal,
but that love will never be my idol.
I hope that everyone will always have hope.

-Henri Nouwen

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
One of my favorite songs/videos for starting the day:

Peace and love.

Thanks for sharing man. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here's a song that always brightens my mood. It's just so... Relaxing!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdMind

I thought that was so nice I have posted it on my local Football Team forum - we have a few who are always abusing each other and that should sort them out. Thank you.

I hope I can load this correctly as many have book-marked this into their favourites and play it every day. The singer is sadly no longer with us having succumbed to myocardial infraction almost 5 years ago.
I hope you all enjoy:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Just to make this thread even more full of love and life: Im pregnant!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Congratulations!

Yay for babies!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The energy in here reminds me of a party where more people are starting to walk in and you can hear the low chatting. Not very active, yet, but just starting with mild conversation.

Maybe this will bring some peace to people. Don't worry, everything will be OK, now matter what's going on.

edit on 28-11-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Haha, yeah - weird to think we were one of those once...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

I would have said "happiness is like wearing a blanket"... but I get your point.

For me, happiness is like that extremely comfortable feeling you get when it's cold outside and you've got a nice hot drink and are cozied up under a blanket and you just know everything is good and you smile.

I like to smile.

I'm smiling at you!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Being happy is like smoking weed and being drunk, except it's healthy for you! Isn't that awesome!?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

And, no brain cells are lost, do not forget this!!

Tell me something, folks, is my avatar scary? It looks like it's smiling to me, but maybe I'm just biased.

I am reading a bunch of threads that are making me smile today.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I don't think your avatar seem scary - it looks smiling to me aswell
Have you made it yourself?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

Yes, it actually started out as a picture of me - smiling. Just wondering how it looks to other people.

And, for the thread, something that always makes me happy:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Chesterfield.

Chesterfield who?

Chesterfield my leg so I slapped him.

My grandpa told me that joke when I was a kid and I have never forgotten it. I don't remember jokes and when I do I always mess them up. But this one I love. People always groan when I tell it, but I laugh.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Great Thread. Here's one from me.

The paradox of our Time

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings, but shorter tempers; wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints; we spend more, but have less; we buy more, but enjoy it less.

We have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences, but less time; we have more degrees, but less sense; more knowledge, but less judgment; more experts, but more problems; more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get angry too quickly, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too seldom, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We've learned how to make a living, but not a life; we've added years to life, but not life to years.

We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbour. We've conquered outer space, but not inner space; we've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul; we've split the atom, but not our prejudice.

We write more, but learn less; we plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait; we have higher incomes, but lower morals; we have more food, but less appeasement; we build more computers to hold more information to produce more copies than ever, but have less communication; we've become long on quantity, but short on quality.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion; tall men, and short character; steep profits, and shallow relationships. These are the times of world peace, but domestic warfare; more leisure, but less fun; more kinds of food, but less nutrition.

These are days of two incomes, but more divorce; of fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throw away morality, one-night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer to quiet to kill.

It is a time when there is much in the show window and nothing in the stockroom; a time when technology has brought this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to make a difference, or to just hit delete...

Namaste

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Gratitude Prayer
Deep at the center of my being there is an infinite well of gratitude. I now allow this gratitude to fill my heart, my body, my mind, my consciousness, my very being. This gratitude radiates out from me in all directions, touching everything in my world, and returns to me as more to be grateful for. The more gratitude I feel, the more I am aware that the supply is endless. The use of gratitude makes me feel good, it is an expression of my inner joy. It is a warm fuzzy in my life.
I am grateful for myself and for my body. I am grateful for my ability to see and hear, feel and taste and touch. I am grateful for my home, and I take loving care of it. I am grateful for my family and friends, and I rejoice in their company. I am grateful for my work, and I give it my best at all times. I am grateful for my talents and abilities, and I continually express them in ways that are fulfilling. I am grateful for my income, and I know that I prosper wherever I turn. I am grateful for all my past experiences, for I know that they were part of my soul's growth. I am grateful for all of nature, and I am respectful for every living thing. I am grateful for today, and I am grateful for the tomorrows to come. I am grateful for Life now and forever more. - Louise Hay

Namaste

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join