It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS is Being Played

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by AzureSky

Just like the argument that "they have no goal", but, there is so much that needs to be fixed, having one goal is hard other than "FIX THE GOD DAMN SYSTEM", because we're getting screwed.

This is essentially why there is a "lack of message". And that is why OWS's aren't required to make a more well defined statement that is suitable for the critics of the movement. In essence, if the OWS did provide a message, there would actually be more than a few(house prices, job prospects, being screwed over by bailouts, student loans, increasing distance between the wealthy and everyone else, voices that aren't being heard) then critics would hold power over them by dividing them up into separate camps which would led to a divide and conquer strategy that would led infighting and rendering the movement useless.

Of course the movement can improve on their tactics, but most of all is that they need more heads to join their fight.

They don't owe a better explanation about themselves to anyone. They need to play by their own rules and not by someone else's. To say that the OWS movement has no message is BS.
edit on 4-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

Stop trying to change a system just because you can't confo

I think it's pretty sad that you'd except the way things are, and will continue to be, which I doubt is projected to go up hill anytime in the near future.

I think George Soros paid you off.

You obviously haven't read anything I've posted if you think I except the way things are. Go back to page one and start over. Read slowly and try to understand what's written. For the sake of everyone else here, I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

hope soros can fund all 1,700+ cities, thats a lot of dough

Name them 1,700+ cities.
Please.

Otherwise it's yet another online Pop-Culture fantasy.

ETA: A friend who is here with me reminded me that we recently saw two guys at the local park in Kennewick Washington standing there the other day holding OWS signs. So yes, maybe if that is the kind of desperate bean counting that's going on.

edit on 4-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I read the OP, and was quite interested.....but you lost me at Soros and the link to WND. Simple propaganda and I will not fall for it.

Just another OWS bashing by those who can't help but ridicule that which wasn't ordained by the fascist Right.

This is getting quite old.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

They are doing to us exactly what we do to them. When the media asks them about something they support (that is against us) they throw sh*t at the fan and hope something sticks. I would expect nothing less! They have been thumbing their nose at us with the assumption that the US is a paper tiger and their allies will be enough deterrent against any attack. They are likely going to find out that the psychopaths that are calling the shots in the US/West/UN/Nato/NWO are not bluffing. We both know they have no means to defend themselves against TPTB, much less the power to prosecute US officials.

Yeah, I'm old enough to recall when they actually DID hold some US statesmen - diplomats and staff - hostage, so I suppose the hubris must have stricken a nerve.

It was the very way THAT situation wasn't handled that gave them the idea that we are a paper tiger. They've been thumbing their noses ever since.

I'd really rather see them ignored myself, as I think the time for action is YEARS past, and was blown by Carter, but the fact remains that in that situation, what I prefer probably isn't going to enter the equation. Tug that tiger's tail enough, and you'll eventually get the fang.

paper or not.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStreet1
reply to post by Unrivaled1

The saddest thing with OWS is that they believe they are the 99% when in reality they are a very small percentage of the 99% - maybe .5%

The current U.S. population is somewhere around three hundred million.

If OWS support were to be quantified at a very generous one million people they would represent .33% of the population.

I really wish some would understand that OWS speaks for a miniscule facet of the population and keep that in perspective before tearing up anything else in the name of the "99%".

OWS does not represent me or anybody that I know, I am of the opinion that OWS is the end result of the kind of hypersensitive social conditioning where everyone on the team gets a trophy that the U.S. educational and social services have fostered in the last few decades.

The best life lesson I learned as a youth is that life isn't fair, unfortunately that point seems to be lost on many today.

While I completely support the rights of the OWS movement to peacefully assemble in protest of ...whatever it is that OWS is protesting

I will be the first one cheering the authorities to turn the dogs loose and teargas the whole crowd the next time another stunt like what happened at the Port of Oakland kicks off.

Capiche' OWS?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Gee thanks, at least I'm a useful idiot. What kind of idiot are you? The kind who decides that protesting the ills of this country isn't worth it because of the elite? I feel YOU are being played, into NOT helping.

Genius response

I completely agree, there is a war on for our minds......

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Just like the argument that "they have no goal", but, there is so much that needs to be fixed, having one goal is hard other than "FIX THE GOD DAMN SYSTEM", because we're getting screwed.

This is essentially why there is a "lack of message". And that is why OWS's aren't required to make a more well defined statement that is suitable for the critics of the movement. In essence, if the OWS did provide a message, there would actually be more than a few(house prices, job prospects, being screwed over by bailouts, student loans, increasing distance between the wealthy and everyone else, voices that aren't being heard) then critics would hold power over them by dividing them up into separate camps which would led to a divide and conquer strategy that would led infighting and rendering the movement useless.

Of course the movement can improve on their tactics, but most of all is that they need more heads to join their fight.

They don't owe a better explanation about themselves to anyone. They need to play by their own rules and not by someone else's. To say that the OWS movement has no message is BS.

I think it's pretty sad that you'd except the way things are, and will continue to be, which I doubt is projected to go up hill anytime in the near future.

You obviously haven't read anything I've posted if you think I except the way things are. Go back to page one and start over. Read slowly and try to understand what's written. For the sake of everyone else here, I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

I read it, you didn't propose anything, this is your message "Wake up people, supposedly Soros is handing out money, and the people that are for change are the enemy, they are going to take away your 1st amendment rights!"

That seems like a good wrap up everything from page 1-5

So now you don't need to repeat yourself.

How much does Soros pay you?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Gee thanks, at least I'm a useful idiot. What kind of idiot are you? The kind who decides that protesting the ills of this country isn't worth it because of the elite? I feel YOU are being played, into NOT helping.

Genius response

I completely agree, there is a war on for our minds......

That is what the NWO really is, its about what the people want and will except. The war is about how to influence their decisions.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Good generalization, good to know you see how you're getting screwed and accept it like most of the people out there. Good to know. Have fun with that, your "country' isnt under attack, your pathetic excuse for a government, and the way the big business has played you is under attack. And the ideas your talking about are ideas that some people have, not everyone. I do my own research and have seen this thing from the very beginning, soros money? 90,000 dollars in 2010, woopdee dooo, thats a lot of money to be funding a global movement. And as for research, i have done way too much research and i know whats wrong with the world, i know whos causing it, and i know all your counter points, and know exactly why you say them. Because you are afraid of change, and well, trying to convince the rest of us that you are right is not going to work, because its better to do something than nothing.

WOW! Because I go to work and conform to society I’m getting screwed? You might just be delusional, for real!! I enjoy my work and I EARN a great living. You should learn to do the same and stop expecting people like me (the real 99% who are getting screwed by YOU) to support every social utopian idea that crosses your deluded mind! How about that? Go protest! It’s worked out great in UK and Greece. Look at their great living conditions.

It’s a waste of time for you to stop debating me because you speak in untruths, ideals and wishes, which can never win against facts!! Soros has spent MILLIONS funding anti government propaganda machines and action groups. Don’t lie to defend your indefensible position.

I still haven’t heard how YOU have served this country??? I’m waiting?? I’m sitting on the couch?? What have you done other than type??

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I wish it were as simple as you make it out to be.

According to you everyone should put down their signs and just go home.

So tell us oh wise one, what SHOULD we do?

I for one will not stand by and watch my country be taken over by Soros or any other elitist. I have no connection to anyone making more than 50k per year. I have never received any money to protest. I have never received a free water to protest. So who is getting all this money?

I can GUARANTEE that Soros is not behind every occupy movement in this and other countries. Some occupy movements start with ONE PERSON just showing up and handing out fliers in front of a bank telling the customers what their bank is doing with depositor money. Does George Soros have to be involved in that too? Is the guy handing out fliers a pot smoking hippie?

Our country is F'd up! Do your part to get it back. Talk to people and let them know what you have found out about crooked politicians and tax laws etc. Tell people about bank bailouts and subsequent record bonuses. Talk to people on the street about issues that are ruining our country without being slanted to the right or left. If you are still holding on to that "Republican or Democrat" mentality you are a tool of the oppressors.

Do you think that by posting everything you can find about the OWS movement being run by Soros or other scumbags that the people who have made up their mind to fight the corruption are going to change their mind? You might as well ask them to swallow a mountain. Regardless of what YOU think, the people who are fighting for transparency in government and the removal of corporate influence on politics as well as hundreds of other pressing issues are average folks who are fed up with the BS.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I read the OP, and was quite interested.....but you lost me at Soros and the link to WND. Simple propaganda and I will not fall for it.

Just another OWS bashing by those who can't help but ridicule that which wasn't ordained by the fascist Right.

Really?

The profile about Soros wasn't from WND. Try again, genius!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Really? The profile about Soros wasn't from WND. Try again, genius!

I didn't say it was!

But you first link from WND specifically implicated Soros being a part of the funding!

LOL HA HA YUCK YUCK

Read your OP....OP!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I read it, you didn't propose anything, this is your message "Wake up people, supposedly Soros is handing out money, and the people that are for change are the enemy, they are going to take away your 1st amendment rights!"

That seems like a good wrap up everything from page 1-5

So now you don't need to repeat yourself.

How much does Soros pay you?

Well here you go....Read this OP of mine from 2 days ago. The policies and actions of our federal government (our elected officials) are causing the huge economic collapse that we are entering now. This whole thing has very little to do with Wall Street. If OWS would blame the people that caused these problems we could make something happen. Stop protesting Wall Street and move to Pennsylvania Ave where the crooks are.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

The profile about Soros is not on WND. Because WND happened to be referenced that destroys the credibility of the entire post? I bet if it was a reference to MSNBC you’d think it was gospel! Oh wait, you probably don’t believe in the gospel either!

You believe in OWS and the entire OWS movement is propaganda and dreams, so why do you think WND is somehow not credible?

Go back to sleep, dude. Seriously! Get back to your WORLD CHANGING protests. I hope you dodge the tear gas canisters!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Because WND happened to be referenced that destroys the credibility of the entire post?

Yes, yes it does. Do you now why?

Birthers....They are a proven outlet of hoaxes and straw-grabbers. Sorry, but they are not investigative journalists.

Oh wait, you probably don’t believe in the gospel either!

Which gospel? There are too many to actually believe in one. I have read them all. But why would my potential atheism detract from my ability to see through your attempt at partisan hackery?

I hope you dodge the tear gas canisters!

Judging by your demeanor, I'd be willing to bet you would be the one shooting Americans with canisters. In that case, see you at the riots!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Name them 1,700+ cities.
Please.

ETA: A friend who is here with me reminded me that we recently saw two guys at the local park in Kennewick Washington standing there the other day holding OWS signs. So yes, maybe if that is the kind of desperate bean counting that's going on.

www.occupytogether.org... Listed here, multiple pages.

I never expected it to go global like it did, hell, we got some in the least likely of places, never thought i would see occupy locations in nova scotia, new brunswick, pei, or newfoundland. But they are. Especially newfoundland, i had my doubts they would even pay attention, but here we are. And people are thinking that NYC is going to have a hard time in the winter? Hahaha, not a chance. Its routine to get 3 - 5 feet of snow sometimes there...

Partial list, very partial:

15M Asamblea Getxo Spain Getxo hartugetxo.wordpress.com @asambleagetxo15m
15M MarbellaTomaLaPlaza Spain Marbelña marbellatomalaplaza.net
15M MarbellaTomaLaPlaza Facebook Group
15M Mataró Spain Mataró acampadamataro.sopadepedres.org @acampadamataro
15M Valladolid Spain Valladolid 15mvalladolid.com
15M Valladolid Facebook Page @acampvalladolid
Agora Brussels Belgium Brussels walktobrussels.eu
Agora Brussels Facebook Page @occupybrussels
@ioccupy
Kudirkos Aikštės Okupacija Lithuania Vilnius 71354.lt @perversmas
Occupy Aarhus Denmark Aarhus Occupy Denmark Facebook Page @OccupyDenmark
#occupyaarhus
Occupy Abilene Texas Texas Abilene Abilene Meetup Page @OccupyAbilene
Occupy Adelaide Australia Adelaide occupyadelaide.org
Occupy Adelaide Facebook Page @OccupyAdelaide
Occupy Africa Africa Wilmington Occupy Africa Facebook Page @occupyafrica1
Occupy Akron Ohio Akron Occupy Akron Facebook Page @OccupyAkron
Occupy Alaska Alaska Alaska Occupy Alaska Facebook Page @OccupyAlaska
Occupy Albany New York Albany occupyalbany.org
Occupy Albany Facebook Page @occupy_albany
Occupy Albuquerque New Mexico Albuquerque Occupy Albuquerque Facebook Page @OccupyBurque
Occupy Alexandria Minnesota Alexandria Occupy Alexandria Facebook Page
Occupy Allentown Pennsylvania Allentown occupyallentownpa.org
Occupy Allentown Facebook Page @OccupyAllentown
Occupy Amarillo Texas Amarillo occupyamarillo.org
Occupy Amarillo Facebook Page
@OccupyAmarillo
Occupy Ambridge Pennsylvania Ambridge Occupy Ambridge MeetUp
Occupy Amherst Massachusetts Amherst occupyamherst.com
Occupy Amherst Facebook Page
Occupy Amsterdam the Netherlands Amsterdam occupyamsterdam.com
Occupy Amsterdam Facebook Page @occupyamsterdam
Occupy Anchorage Alaska Anchorage Occupy Anchorage Facebook Page @occupyanchorage
Occupy Anderson Indiana Anderson Occupy Anderson MeetUp
Occupy Ann Arbor Michigan Ann Arbor Occupy Ann Arbor Facebook Page
Occupy Appleton Wisconsin Appleton occupyappleton.org
Occupy Appleton Facebook Page @OccupyAppleton
Occupy Arcata California Arcata Occupy Arcata Facebook Page

edit on 4/11/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So what do you propose a people do if you always are under the assumption that any effort by the people is ultimately controlled by TPTB? Why even bother creating a thread like this.

If it happens to be that you are correct in your assumption then why not turn the tables again in favor of the people, why not out think TPTB instead of believing that they have ultimate control over every collective action you take? What is the point of living your life if you believe they have so much control over collective efforts like OWS?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Name them 1,700+ cities.
Please.

Well, here is the list of occupations. The number reads 2469, but feel free to scour the list if you want.

Occupy Together

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And that argument falls apart when you consider that George Soros is not at general assemblies making decisions, individual Americans are. At occupy KC, George Soros didn't plan our rallies, he didn't organize our credit union campaign, he didn't decide when to have our marches, he didn't donate tents and food for the occupiers. Neither did Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, or any other politician.

Supporting is not the same thing as controlling/co-opting.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by seabag

And that argument falls apart when you consider that George Soros is not at general assemblies making decisions, individual Americans are. At occupy KC, George Soros didn't plan our rallies, he didn't organize our credit union campaign, he didn't decide when to have our marches, he didn't donate tents and food for the occupiers. Neither did Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, or any other politician.

Supporting is not the same thing as controlling/co-opting.

Right? Where was George Soros when 53 people including a seated state senator were arrested here in ATL? Not to mention food supplies were running low for a couple of days here.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join