It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS is Being Played

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
For all of those who keep repeating that the violence at the OWS protests is the fault of the police, please read the following article.

LINK

Three days before an Occupy Oakland protest turned violent, United Steelworkers international president Leo Gerard, an adviser to President Obama, called for "more militancy" in Occupy movements across the U.S. Gerard serves on the board of a number of groups funded by billionaire George Soros, including organizations that reportedly helped to craft Obama's "stimulus" and health-care laws. In an interview with progressive radio host Ed Schultz on Monday, Gerard stated, "I think what we need is, we need more militancy. I think we've got to start a resistance movement. If Wall Street occupation doesn't get the message, I think we've got to start blocking bridges and doing that kind of stuff," stated Gerard

When you see organized chaos you need only follow the money trail to understand what the agenda is. George Soros is one of the wealthiest men on earth. For all those that talk about ‘TPTB’, I urge you to visit the link below and research this man. He is one of the most influential and dangerous men on the planet. This is one of the men behind the curtain pulling the strings and OWS is nothing more than a group of useful idiots being played like puppets.

Soros Profile

New York hedge fund manager George Soros is one of the most politically powerful individuals on earth. Since the mid-1980s in particular, he has used his immense influence to help reconfigure the political landscapes of several countries around the world―in some cases playing a key role in toppling regimes that had held the reins of government for years, even decades. Vis à vis the United States, a strong case can be made for the claim that Soros today affects American politics and culture more profoundly that any other living person.

By no means was this the first time that Soros had aimed to engineer the fall of a government which he deemed oppressive. On several previous occasions, he had used his extraordinary wealth to bankroll popular movements seeking to undermine communist and authoritarian regimes in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Specifically, Soros had funded the training, organization and mobilization of many millions of demonstrators who took part in a series of bloodless political revolutions―commonly known as “velvet revolutions” or “color revolutions”205―that ultimately brought down governments in those regions. Typically, these mobilizations consisted of massive street rallies (sometimes with hundreds of thousands of participants) and carefully coordinated acts of civil disobedience such as sit-ins and general strikes. In several instances, such Soros-funded protesters challenged the results of popular elections and accused incumbent leaders of election fraud―charges which were then echoed by Soros-funded exit pollsters and Soros-funded media outlets, thereby greatly amplifying the effect of the accusations.

WAKE UP, PEOPLE! YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING YOUR OWN THING BUT YOU'RE BEING PLAYED!
edit on 4-11-2011 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Good to know.

You know, I'm seriously astonished at the amount of anti-OWS stuff on ATS. You would have thought that this is what most people here always wanted, with all the hate and opposition of the government everywhere (and rightly so). But then once some people actually try to do something about it, you get several threads a day trying their absolute best to make them stop or paint them in a bad light. I can't quite make sense out of it.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Arsenalwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
yeah the c*** made a billion during a run on the British pound back in the 90s too

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Gee thanks, at least I'm a useful idiot. What kind of idiot are you? The kind who decides that protesting the ills of this country isn't worth it because of the elite? I feel YOU are being played, into NOT helping.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

My brother is a lifelong Democrat, and discovered the same things. He followed the money.
He feels that Soros co-opted the political system for his own means.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Even if they are being played, they still need to be out there. It's a lot better than doing nothing at all, that to me, is a bigger error.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Even if they are being played, they still need to be out there. It's a lot better than doing nothing at all, that to me, is a bigger error.

No, no, by all means let's all go home and have movie night and TALK about protesting on ATS. That's MUCH better than being in the streets trying to raise awareness.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

No, no, by all means let's all go home and have movie night and TALK about protesting on ATS. That's MUCH better than being in the streets trying to raise awareness.

Logical Fallacy. Just because someone doesn't support OWS doesn't mean they are 'doing nothing.' I am simply suggesting you put aside your personal reason for supporting OWS and look into who is pulling the strings. Would you still be out there if you knew you were doing nothing more than furthering more of the same thing you’re against? Because you are!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

For someone to believe that this 1 man is pulling the strings on over 1600 occupations worldwide is absurd. Even if he has a pull in OWS, what about Oakland, Atlanta, Birmingham, Paris, Melbourne, Toronto, Phoenix, Baltimore, and the rest?

The occupations have become a platform for anyone with grievances, most of which connect back to the economy.

If you aren't doing nothing, then I'd assume that you're out in the streets because as citizens that's where we need to go to get change. That's where the occupations are.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

WAKE UP, PEOPLE! YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING YOUR OWN THING BUT YOU'RE BEING PLAYED!

If they actually fix the problem, who freaking cares? you can make it about who supports who and who might have funded who, it doesn't matter if they actually fix the problems being outlined.

get over it, don't support them? fine, just shut the hell up about it already. Do you think there is anyone left who hasn't heard of Soros possibly funding some groups affiliated with OWS? there isn't, because people like you kindly remind us, constantly, incessantly.

We get it. you don't support them or their goals, fine, you can shut up about it now because you aren't going to convince any of us that the problem is too big to fix, you aren't going to convince me that corporate fraud and bank bailouts are ok because Soros might have a finger in the pie.

It's completely meaningless.

GET OVER IT

you ever wonder why you know about Soros and his possible involvement? because they WANT you to know, they WANT you to believe it's a scam.

But for that, you have to be so dimwitted as to ignore the fact that these OWS protests are GLOBAL, formed of thousands of people from all walks of life (except bankers i suspect).

If Soros wants to pay me to go fight for what's right, why the hell not?

But see, that's the key, it doesn't matter who's funding what, or who supports what, all that matter is that you ignore what these people are saying and doing.

Who's the one being played? not OWS and none of us who support their goal(s). Time to look in the mirror and maybe ask yourself why you guys are wasting so much time over this.
edit on 4-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
OWS being played?

Oh yes, like a harp.

By the likes of Soros, Obama, Pelosi, Accorn, moveon.org, and the politcal left.

The protesters are turning from useful idiots, to dangerous and violent
Ideologues.
As evidence of Oakland and the violent uprising that is beginning
as the class warfare drums are beat until people start rioting and killing folks
eventually.

I hope the OWS protesters WAKE UP to there puppet masters and stop
playing right into the hand of the NWO.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
OWS being played?

Oh yes, like a harp.

By the likes of Soros, Obama, Pelosi, Accorn, moveon.org, and the politcal left.

The protesters are turning from useful idiots, to dangerous and violent
Ideologues.
As evidence of Oakland and the violent uprising that is beginning
as the class warfare drums are beat until people start rioting and killing folks
eventually.

I hope the OWS protesters WAKE UP to there puppet masters and stop
playing right into the hand of the NWO.

See that's exactly why I think y'all are the ones who are being played. How is protesting the elite, and in essence, the NWO, playing into their hands? One would gather from your statement, that we're not supposed to protest them.

P.S A group of like 100 idiots doesn't represent the 7,000 people who were out at the port in Oakland..
edit on 4-11-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenalwa
Good to know.

You know, I'm seriously astonished at the amount of anti-OWS stuff on ATS. You would have thought that this is what most people here always wanted, with all the hate and opposition of the government everywhere (and rightly so). But then once some people actually try to do something about it, you get several threads a day trying their absolute best to make them stop or paint them in a bad light. I can't quite make sense out of it.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Arsenalwa because: (no reason given)

Change is always scary. When given the choice, most of us won't jump in enthusiastically with both feet.

link   

Originally posted by seabag

Logical Fallacy. Just because someone doesn't support OWS doesn't mean they are 'doing nothing.' I am simply suggesting you put aside your personal reason for supporting OWS and look into who is pulling the strings. Would you still be out there if you knew you were doing nothing more than furthering more of the same thing you’re against? Because you are!

It's logical that the people will want to stand up for themselves when times are tough.

link   
reply to post by seabag

Would you still be out there if you knew you were doing nothing more than furthering more of the same thing you’re against?

you'd have to define what they are fighting against. We already know, do you?

how exactly is exercising their patriotic duty to protest and petition the government, playing into their hands? How exactly is reining in corporate fraud and bank bailouts, playing into their hands?

Maybe you should put aside your personal reasons for hating these people, and take a long hard look at the state of your country and economy, and the reasons for those problems, and then come back and tell me how fighting to fix that is playing into their hands.

the only people playing into their hands are people like you and others posting this same tired old anti-ows crap.

guilt by association didn't work before, it's not going to work now.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
If they actually fix the problem, who freaking cares? you can make it about who supports who and who might have funded who, it doesn't matter if they actually fix the problems being outlined.

I dunno about you but I watch the company I keep.

get over it, don't support them? fine, just shut the hell up about it already

Excuse the hell out of me, I can't speak for Seabag but back off!

Do you think there is anyone left who hasn't heard of Soros possibly funding some groups affiliated with OWS? there isn't, because people like you kindly remind us, constantly, incessantly.

What the hell is wrong with exposing the truth?

Unless of course the truth hurts.

We get it. you don't support them or their goals, fine, you can shut up about it now because you aren't going to convince any of us that the problem is too big to fix, you aren't going to convince me that corporate fraud and bank bailouts are ok because Soros might have a finger in the pie.

In the meantime OWS is being played like a fiddle. Dance OWS, Dance!
Seems some here would rather look the other way and point fingers while ignoring the Elephant in the living room

GET OVER IT

GROW THE HELL UP AND GET A JOB!

you ever wonder why you know about Soros and his possible involvement? because they WANT you to know, they WANT you to believe it's a scam.

Eyes wide shut eh?

But for that, you have to be so dimwitted as to ignore the fact that these OWS protests are GLOBAL, formed of thousands of people from all walks of life

Well when it gets into the tens or hundreds of thousands then we'll talk in the meantime refrain your overzealous myopic self from telling other members to shut up simply because you can't handle it when they express their opinions and or post facts.

If Soros wants to pay me to go fight for what's right, why the hell not?

I've been told if you sleep with the devil you can expect nasty bedsores or worse...

Who's the one being played? not OWS and none of us who support their goal(s). Time to look in the mirror and maybe ask yourself why you guys are wasting so much time over this

Says the guy online....

edit on 4-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

For someone to believe that this 1 man is pulling the strings on over 1600 occupations worldwide is absurd. Even if he has a pull in OWS, what about Oakland, Atlanta, Birmingham, Paris, Melbourne, Toronto, Phoenix, Baltimore, and the rest?

The occupations have become a platform for anyone with grievances, most of which connect back to the economy.

If you aren't doing nothing, then I'd assume that you're out in the streets because as citizens that's where we need to go to get change. That's where the occupations are.

Absurd???

What's absurd is that you didn't read his profile that I linked. You see, he's done this many times. The groups he funds have ties to ALL OF THE OWS protests. Do some research before you dismiss my claims. Oh, and I said he is "one of" the men behind the curtain, not the only man calling the shots. He IS part of TPTB.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

Absurd???

What's absurd is that you didn't read his profile that I linked. You see, he's done this many times. The groups he funds have ties to ALL OF THE OWS protests. Do some research before you dismiss my claims. Oh, and I said he is "one of" the men behind the curtain, not the only man calling the shots. He IS part of TPTB.

The organizers of occupy Atlanta are longtime friends of mine. The only groups that support our occupation are religious groups, and civil rights coalitions. We get support from individuals such as Senator Vincent Fort, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Joe Beasley, Rev. Joseph Lowery, former city councilman Derrick Boazman, and more. All of whom are well known in this community. There is no outer organization calling the shots. I bet if you hit up your local occupation, you'd find the same reality there as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The possiblity that Soros is behind the OWS and the possibility that these are just rumors used to malign the OWS movement having one thing in common: They don't have much to stand on.

So, keep on occupying.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yes, OWS is being played.
Yes, they espouse bigger government.
Yes, they want full forgiveness of student loans, etc.

But are they being played out of naivete' or are they willing participants in this?

The former would have to include some sort of forgiveness and understanding.

The latter would deserve nothing but scorn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join