It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Kitchener

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
A city in southern Ontario is hosting it's 4th occupy movement, which usually takes place every Saturday. At this event, protesters will protest, cook food for the community, and sit with them all and eat. Afterwords, they will be hosting a donation event which will be giving quality goods to the people in need.

This is how this community believes change should be made. By stating their opinion, and setting an example. To me, this is the right way. For it will grow, and only the greedy who aren't in need will complain.

Please, if you go to one of these movements in the US and elsewhere, grab a few of the protesters and suggest this. I assure you, it will spread fast. This is what OWS needs in the mainstream light, and it's something i bet will get reported on by someone like RT or Aljazeera and all of the online networks.

Peace and Love,

Gandhi

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Small towns are like a big family. So its more like a barbeque meet than a protest.

Offtopic:

Respected Sir/Madam/Lizard-Person,
I request you change your avatar. I do not wish such a great man be associated with such a photo.
Thanking you,
DoctorSatan

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

First off, 800 000 people live in the city.

Secondly, (im sure your slightly new to ATS) this is the picture in which a hacker had switched everyone's avatar to. So, sorry, not throwing that away.

Expected to be around 900 people, yes it's small, but with over 10 000 it should be just as easy in small groups.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Kitchener learned for OWS's progression. There was or is no failure in OWS, it's a strong movement which still needs to grow. And is. More act's like this and maybe one day OWS will be OTW and a possible and organization. Leaders need to step up.
edit on 4-11-2011 by gandhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
well i really like it.
this is the sort of thing that should be happening more everywhere
it seems a lot harder to turn into a violent confrontation than
the other sorts of demonstrations we've been seeing.

i'll be sure to discuss this with as many people as i can at my local rally tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Sounds like a nice protest. No "occupation" needed. Although, Kitchener has a population of 225,000 not 800k and the metro area has a pop of 450k including neighboring cities.

Still not a "small town" though. Post some pictures next time you're there.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorSatan
Respected Sir/Madam/Lizard-Person,
I request you change your avatar. I do not wish such a great man be associated with such a photo.
Thanking you,
DoctorSatan

First, you have no right to suggest that someone change their avatar because it offends you.

Second, do you truly believe that Gandhi did not appreciate beauty?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

This is exactly what should be going on, don't just demand a change, show what the change should be.

This is the definition of what a community should be.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck
[more

nvm
edit on 4-11-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

top topics

join