It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Confused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hey,
As you probably guessed...I'm pretty confused. I've visited on this website for a few months now and never really seen the importance of becoming a member. But then, while I was watching X-factor, the black guy in the background flashed the Devils horns. Yeah I know thats not that big of a deal and he probably didnt even know what that meant. But I just thought that if something big ever DID happen, I might as well share it with you. ( to tell you the truth I'm also kinda bored).

So anyway, to get to my confuseness, I dont really get how this website works....to tell you the truth I'm not quite sure where I'm posting this....I get theres a 20 post minimum before you can start a thread, but whats a post?
Is there somewhere that explains this website a little more?

Well other that, and about me....Well I'm pretty open minded (to a certain extent) and uuuuh. Yeah

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yea as of right now, you can only post new Threads - (A topic containing multiple "Posts") in the Introductions forum. However, you CAN visit the other forums and threads contained within, and make your individual posts in there. Each separate little block where people say things is a post. The collection of posts is contained within the thread, I.e, the name of this thread is "I'm Confused" and the threads are listed in separate forums. I.E, the new members introductions forum.
edit on 3-11-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dachanman97

Wait...what does a black guy flashing devil horns on X-factor have to do with anything?

Now I'm confused.

As for all of your questions....I dunno. I never put any thought into any of it I just started posting stuff, then did a few threads. I never bothered worrying about any of that stuff......

Thats what worked for me!

Hope it helped!
edit on 3-11-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: I changed the smiley faces up a bit....I can do that, cause I'm like a member or something...Or maybe I'm not...I never really checked.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

welcome to Ats..I found getting a avatar was the hardest thing here..If someone can put on the ats help thing it would helpl..Or go to your search bar on the right and type rules for ats...and all the questions you might have..You need to reply 20 times i think before you can make a thread of your own...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

look up at the right top of your screen and you should see the box that says search,click on it and in the long box type in new member rules and you will find the help you need....Good luck

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Well Dachanman97 you have made a good start, Introductions is where you are and that is the right place to be

"Posts", are your comments on the topics you wish to join in with, there are rules obviously regarding how you present yourself, language,courtesy etc. and a rule that prohibits one line answers...try to present good argument,make points add links etc

Hope this helps, enjoy

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Okay really the only important rule I've gathered from my short time on ATS is that you must post the most snarky sarcastic scathing comment you can on someone's thread.. and then count your stars.

[I am joking though, we don't need any more of that lol]

edit on 11/4/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Hi Dachanman97, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Think of it like a huge filing cabinet

The Forum is a like big shoe box, inside the shoe box are files called Threads related to that shoe box title, inside the Threads are posts, reply’s by members who are discussing the threads content

i hope this helps clear things up

cheers
Whateva.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Dachanman97
It has been brought to my attention that my joke reply to your introduction could easily be mistaken as something other than a joke. I had originally intended to return to your thread with a more welcoming response but became involved in another thread and forgot to come back here.

So please accept my appology for the gruffness of my original response and welcome.

top topics

join