It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow is November 5, Saturday. Are you going to close your accounts in big banks tomorrow?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

reply to post by eeks4

WHy not Sharon?
Second

I need my bank account....LOL...My bank has been just fine.No problems what so ever...Except for the fees starting to increase

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am sure that the big banks will fail without the $-35.00 of the OWS protesters, way to show em!!!! All the banks dropping debit card fees will have more impact than the OWS protesters.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Now now

I know her personally ...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
And how am I supposed to cash my paycheck...while I still have one?
Nope. Thats stupid. Open a Credit Union acct. Much smarter.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Prominent Silicon Valley businessman to divest Bank of America funds

By Tracy Seipel

Posted: 11/03/2011 04:11:35 PM PDT
Updated: 11/03/2011 08:33:28 PM PDT

www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_19258590

A prominent member of Silicon Valley's exclusive "1 percent" club is pulling his money out of Bank of America and cutting all ties with the bank -- and hopes others will follow his lead.

Mike Fox Sr., a beer magnate and well-known philanthropist, is set to announce Friday that he is divesting his long-held personal Bank of America account, which contains several hundred thousand dollars, in an effort to promote social and economic justice.

Fox said Thursday that he has also asked his executive team to move a $4 million-plus line of credit held by M.E. Fox & Co. from Bank of America to another institution. Fox's firm is a 46-year-old wholesale distributor of beer, water, New Age beverages and Red Bull energy drink.

"I think the only way I can influence people is through my personal example," said Fox, 75, who called the amount he was divesting "rather small compared to the egregiousness" of Bank of America's slow response in modifying home mortgages.

(...)

Fox said Bank of America's recent decision to cancel its planned $5 monthly debit-card fee after weeks of customer outrage still wouldn't convince him to do business with Bank of America officials.

"I'd be polite with them, and I'd meet with them," he said. "But the decision has been made."

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Please redo that post so we understand what you are talking about. I would hate to confuse you for an OWS protester.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Well thats ok then

Gosh its muggy out today.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Closed my BofA business account today. I couldnt do it before getting the credit card machines for my business from the credit union, but today all was done. Set and match. F yeah!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Man, I wish I could join everyone on the 5th and close my account but my hands are tied. A few years ago my check card was stolen, and someone with no-how used my account for fraud and I caught it too late. I got stuck with a $1200 dollar withdrawal after fake checks were deposited and the money taken out immediately. By the time I caught it, it was to late. Even though this happened in another state with ATM photos of the person who did it were taken, it is still my responsibility. So due to this issue I can't open an account anywhere until the money is paid back. So I told them that if they want the money they will have to prosecute me. This was a few years ago and I am stuck with crappy Wells Fargo. So the best I can do is keep my money under my mattress and only keep enough money in my account to keep it open. I wish everyone who is able to participate the best of luck, and hope I the bank managers don't do the wrong thing and call the police.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Dispute the chex systems record that is preventing you from opening an account. A few years ago? The chex systems charge of will wear off in 5 max.. Wait it or dispute it.
edit on 4-11-2011 by etombo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I was all set to do it anyway but an article about Westpacs $5b or so profits and the continued cutting of 1000+ jobs just added fuel to the fire.

The mutual bank I'm going with is www.qtmb.com.au...

No minimum balance
No monthly account keeping fee
$6 for unlimited ATM and EFTPOS transactions*
Phone and Internet banking
Visa Debit Card
Account access via ATMs, branch, Bank@Post, phone and internet banking

*if you deposit over $2000 per month these are all free. My wages meet that so it's all free.

Initial $10 to purchase your share of the bank and of you go.

Pretty sweet if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm closing my account, but for an unrelated reason.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm closing my account, but for an unrelated reason.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Do you think these people on OWS can deposit over 2k a month?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Hell I can't even deposit 2000. =(

I'm happy with the CU I joined.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Thank you for the info! I think I am better off waiting it out. I used to have to write my pin scrambled on my cards so I could remember them. I have a hard time memorizing numbers so I figured that if I wrote them scrambled on the back it would help. I have had my card eaten by the machine a few times because I could not get my pin # right. But they said that it is my fault and I am responsible for the money. When I asked why they did not verify the checks before granting an ATM withdrawal, they said that is just how their banking system works. Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by etombo

Do you think these people on OWS can deposit over 2k a month?

No idea. I don't know them so how could I make a call like that?

I'm guessing you must though otherwise that's nothing more than a gross generalisation.

By the way, this is just one bank. There are many others out there for people to chose from with all sorts of different accounts.
edit on 4-11-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

I had a fraud situation once. The fraudsters got me for a little over $4k. My bank handled it great; they actually called me and told me there was something going on with my account and automatically froze it. My bank took care of the whole thing and I got reimbursed the money I had stolen from me. Sorry to hear you were not as fortunate as me.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

So someone stole your card, guessed your pin and did an empty envelope deposit? that sounds like a likely story.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

That is because there was proof you did not do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join