It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow is November 5, Saturday. Are you going to close your accounts in big banks tomorrow?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Dispute the chex systems record that is preventing you from opening an account. A few years ago? The chex systems charge of will wear off in 5 max.. Wait it or dispute it.
edit on 4-11-2011 by etombo because: (no reason given)

Nope, not true, it's been 8 years since my now ex got us put on chex systems. Even after it was paid off and supposedly removed, I had it still pop up recently. I had to show proof on my end. Apparently it's like the 3 credit reporting agencies, it can get taken off one list but remains on others.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

It should be off chex systems, that report is 5 years, credit is 7?? If the debt is showing dispute it. That is your right as a consumer.
It should not be on a credit bureau report anyways if it is a deposit account. I guess it is possible if the debt was purchased and assumed by a third party but at this point 8 years.. it should be gone, if you cannot do it ask someone to help who can..
edit on 4-11-2011 by etombo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Uhhhhhhh.....that's the point. Find a smaller bank or CU and get FREE checking. It'll pay for one manicure and pedicure or a night out with friends each year.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
This date has been appointed as the date when the protesters are going to close their accounts in the big banks. Are you planning to join this mass protest against the big banks? I just realized that November 5 is a Saturday. Are banks open in the US on November 5? I'm not from the US, btw. Let us hear your plan on that date.

Why so the economy is going down for sure?
=.= i can't see any logic in this.

Change is good, and it will help but stopping something like the current economy can't happen overnight! It will cause so much chaos beyond what we ever seen before.

Does OWS realize that when the economy falls they are taking away hard working people's money? Have you any idea how this would piss them off and start engaging you? Do you realize that this would create a duality that creates a bigger mess then we already have?

A LOT of people would agree with you that the current economy and the way we live sucks and is so out of wack we can't even imagin. But crashing the market like OWS wants is not the solution, it will only create more hate towards people that are NOT responsable for the mess most countries are in today. Those people dodge yet again another bullet.

Again people will start fighting eachother instead of the source of this problem we are facing. This should be build down and eventually end, not overnight. Building down can create a stable effect after it's gone, a complete melddown would result in chaos.

Closing so many bank accounts would have a potential to take down banks because there money is gone witch results in a market collapse. Do you really think the money you put into your bank account is sitting in a vault? No it's used to make more money in the markets! So when you pull out they need to come up with that money by selling a lot on the market. I've seen this happen with one bank in my country, because of people believing 'rumors' and pulling out all there money the bank collapsed and went bankrupt.

Leaving the government with a big debt because they needed to pay up to 100,000 euro to people who did NOT take out there money and litterally lost it.

So think about this before being selfish and acting on someone else idea's without thinking it true and taking responsability for the consequenses.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I just opened my new account at a credit union today, I'm going to head over to USBank tomorrow and close my old account.

I had been thinking about switching for a while now, and I figured there's no better time than right now with Bank Transfer Day and all that jazz.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

I thought it self explanitory? "And how am I supposed to cash my paycheck...while I still have one?
(So why should I close my bank acct.?)Nope. Thats stupid. Open a Credit Union acct. Much smarter.
(Credit Union accts are much better than bank accts with fees attached...and my bank too wanted a monthly surcharge which is BS)

So, no Im not closing any accts, and neither is anyone else I know. What was so hard to understand?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
BoA Account Closed over 2 years ago
BoA Credit Cards Closed over a year ago
Other Big Bank NOW has just enough to keep our 3 accounts open.
No further transactions with them except as necessary.

Local Bank interviewed and hired for FREE accounts. WooT \o/
Direct Deposits there and online banking, etc...

It doesn't have to be a credit union.
Just stay away from the major ass reamers and their wicked policies.

Be friendly and stay LOCAL. THEY WANT YOUR BUSINESS! JUST ASK!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
From the replies here, it seems that the big banks will be busy tomorrow closing bank accounts.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
My bank is a regional NV bank that isn't involved in the type of garbage the big 3 banks are. So I won't be moving my money.

B of A
Wells
Chase

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well if "protesters" give me 100€(which i need to give to UniCredit bank by closing account) i will

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace
No, it's just not possible to live today without a bank account or it's very difficult to be without one, unless you live in the woods and catch your food and make your own clothes.

That's 100% false.

I haven't had a bank account in 10 years. I go to the bank and cash my checks, pay my water/utility bills at the local office, pay my cable/phone bills at a local convenience store etc..

It's only difficult if You live off credit or prefer to shop/pay online and pay by credit card,paypal or direct withdrawal

It's this laziness that has gotten us in the position we are in today.

Buy local,pay cash and screw the banks.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adamanteus

Originally posted by NeoSpace
No, it's just not possible to live today without a bank account or it's very difficult to be without one, unless you live in the woods and catch your food and make your own clothes.

That's 100% false.

I haven't had a bank account in 10 years. I go to the bank and cash my checks, pay my water/utility bills at the local office, pay my cable/phone bills at a local convenience store etc..

It's only difficult if You live off credit or prefer to shop/pay online and pay by credit card,paypal or direct withdrawal

It's this laziness that has gotten us in the position we are in today.

Buy local,pay cash and screw the banks.

Preach it to them, brother. Banks are everywhere and that is why some people think that we cannot live without the banks.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

I can live without a bank.

But I like some of the services they provide.

The key to banking is due diligence. Without it, no matter how big or small your bank is, you're gonna get hosed.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I've been wondering who came up with the saturday idea anyway. As dumb as protesting in the winter. Somebody is going to take all of occupys cash and have a nice warm winter out of the US just watch. I have 1 local bank and 2 CU accounts for business and such

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
closed mine years ago after i quite my job as a customer service agent at citizens bank.

they are scum!...

i love my credit union!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Will I close my accounts at big banks on November 5th?

Absolutely not!

I have some sweet packages setup that they no longer offer, and they have consistently treated me like gold...why would I close my accounts?

Or is this only about US banks?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
No....
use a credit union and BBT......I have never had any problems...
edit on 4-11-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Too many chores to do tomorrow morning before my wife will let me watch college football the rest of the day.

So, nope.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

It will not matter if every single person closes their accounts. Look at it this way, these banks over the years have built their system based off of the number accounts they have and the assets of those accounts. With the economy stretched as thin as it is there is very little wiggle room to create themselves a comfortable buffer to weather any storms, if they did they would not need bailouts. These banks are already hanging on by a thread. Taking this into account, any changes would disrupt their system and force them to adapt to the losses. If only 20% of the customer base were to leave the bank, that would be enough to cause a drastic decline in the banks resources, thus digging their grave a little deeper.

If these banks are too big to fail, then lets get them back down to a manageable size where they are not too big to fail by removing available resources. If only 20% of the banks customers leave, then if not for anything else, it will reduce the size of the bank and its available power to manipulate the system.

If 20% of the customer base does indeed leave then in order for the bank to compensate for those losses, they will be forced to make a counter move to make up for those losses. Considering the source, they will make a decision that will piss off even more customers, which I would suspect they will decide to reinstate or invent new fees. Then we will go through this again, there will be another run of people closing the accounts and if only 20% of those customers close their accounts then bank will have to do something else. See the pattern. We just keep nipping away at them until there is nothing left, very similar as to what they have done to us over the years.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I agree 100%

I have actually went into BoA and tried cashing a check for $5800. They told me they didn't keep that kind of cash on hand and that I would have to return the following day to collect my money because they needed to put in a request for that much cash.

Their money is electronic and imaginary.
They survive off the public's belief in the illusion of money.
Every dollar You deposit they multiply that by 10 and then lend this imaginary money out and collect interest on it.

Take Your money out and watch them crumble.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join