It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow is November 5, Saturday. Are you going to close your accounts in big banks tomorrow?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This date has been appointed as the date when the protesters are going to close their accounts in the big banks. Are you planning to join this mass protest against the big banks? I just realized that November 5 is a Saturday. Are banks open in the US on November 5? I'm not from the US, btw. Let us hear your plan on that date.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
This date has been appointed as the date when the protesters are going to close their accounts in the big banks. Are you planning to join this mass protest against the big banks? I just realized that November 5 is a Saturday. Are banks open in the US on November 5? I'm not from the US, btw. Let us hear your plan on that date.

Yes banks are open on a Saturday..and nope im not

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

This date has also been appointed the day that I ROTFLMAO.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Not quite on time but am opening up an account with a mutual bank tomorrow morning (5th) and closing my existing accounts the following Monday.

Banking system isn't quite the same here in Aust as in bail outs and what not but the general gist is the same i.e. Big banks screwing customers to reward shareholders

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I couldn't wait for the 5th and already moved to a credit union. I can't wait to see how this pans out. Someone else just woke up and it's dam exciting!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Already done.

But I plan on going to my bank and pointing and laughing at them. (just joking)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

i am not in the US , my bank is open tommorrow , no - not closing my account

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

why not? if you don't mind me asking..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Nope -

Last time I tried to open an account at a credit union, they told me my credit score wasn't high enough. I live in Oregon, who knows if that's a common thing or not, my credit is average. So my money stays with B of A. Sorry America, credit unions don't want me, guess I can't help.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
Not quite on time but am opening up an account with a mutual bank tomorrow morning (5th) and closing my existing accounts the following Monday.

Banking system isn't quite the same here in Aust as in bail outs and what not but the general gist is the same i.e. Big banks screwing customers to reward shareholders

I threatened to close my account with Westpac once, when they decided to introduce monthly fees on the account I had been with for years that I specifically chose because it had no monthly fees, and was laughed at over the phone by the witch on the other end.

They don't care... they still make billions in profit each year...

Unless EVERYONE did it, and they wont, the banks just thumb their noses at us peons.

I miss the old days of an actual Pay Packet. No banks, money in a sealed paper package...

no damn fees to take it out or use it, and best of all, you dont just hear about your pay, you feel it. It's tangible. It makes you more aware that what you have is important, and not something that is as simple as a swipe of plastic.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I already closed my Wells account and moved to a credit union a few months back, but my BF closed his account today and moved to a credit union...and it FREE no FEES. I'm glad I left and I'm glad he left.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
No, it's just not possible to live today without a bank account or it's very difficult to be without one, unless you live in the woods and catch your food and make your own clothes.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Short answer is No. 10,000 people could close their accounts and it would mean nothing. If I was addicted to crack I would be all over this. I would wait for these people to go to the bank, take their cash and then capitalize on that paper.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Why not Patricia?
2nd
3rd

What are you doing? calling everyone a female name who says no?

Classy...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Tomorrow is the 4th here sooooo.... got a day to wait... i keep finding excuses not to close my account. But I plan to open a new account with a credit union and put my money there, does that create the same situation as closing my accounts? By not having any money in the accounts that I have with the big banks?
edit on 3-11-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
lol @ the credit union idea. I love that.. People say "I am going to a credit union", as if it is some brilliant realization..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure why people are only focusing on opening accounts with the credit unions. The smaller banks can be used as substitute for the bigger banks in case you plan to close your account from the big banks.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join