It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow is November 5, Saturday. Are you going to close your accounts in big banks tomorrow?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
hope this link works...Bank customer flee to CUs..Washington...An estimated 650.000 consumers have sloped their bank account and opted for credit union membership over the past four weeks..according to CUNA................www.americanbanker.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
hope this link works...Bank customer flee to CUs..Washington...An estimated 650.000 consumers have sloped their bank account and opted for credit union membership over the past four weeks..according to CUNA................www.americanbanker.com...

i think like my self didn't really know what in the world was and is going on with all of this..Maybe this will help shed some light on the post a bit...good info..get it before it closed if it does..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I will be withdrawing cash, and will be sending it (in gift cards) for Christmas for my kids tomorrow... Does that mean I am indirectly supporting this stupidity?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
I will be withdrawing cash, and will be sending it (in gift cards) for Christmas for my kids tomorrow... Does that mean I am indirectly supporting this stupidity?

YES!!!! YOU ARE ONE OF US NOW!! One of us, FF... one of us!!! We accept you!

( perhaps I should go back to staying in chat, eh?)

edit on 4-11-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have a small town bank. If I HAD had a large bank (one of those in the 2008 TARP bank bailout) then I would have switched at that time and not waited until now.

Seems the news is even on small town TV stations now. Word is going from the net to the news. I guess the local news got tired of always being the last to know.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Okay, you convinced me, I'll wait until Monday.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Advantage

Okay, you convinced me, I'll wait until Monday.

Dammit! I always wanted to sing that gooble gobble song and drink out of a communal goblet with ATS freaks! Party pooper.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm with a regular local bank. They are great with customer service and such. No fee's. Yet, I realize that the credit unions do in fact pay a larger percentage on savings.

I'm not disgruntled at all. My bank though, does not pay a scant cent on my deposits. I'm moving to a credit union only because of interest.

My BoA accounts were shut down five years ago. They have the best online banking....hands down. They just charged way too much. Yes, I did have the occasional overdraft. But thirty five dollar overdraft fee's was outrageous. Especially when it was exponential on a five dollar whoopsie. Then it turned over to one hundred and fifty dollars on a five dollar overdraft!

Not a great way to do business. I'm definitely going credit union.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The day of reckoning has come. Let us see what happens today.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't get it, Are we just to move money out of "big" banks into smaller ones? Wont that just make the small banks big? Should we stuff our mattresses, or get commodities instead.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So how many have closed their accounts from the big banks now?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join