It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Presidential Candidate Puppets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
For the past couple of weeks, the presidential candidates Mitt Romney, Herman Cain, and Rick Perry have seemed like obvious puppets to me. Mitt Romney because of his anti-auditing the Fed stance among many others, and his campaign donations coming from big banks.

Herman Cain because he used to be the chairman for the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank, and doesn't plan to audit it. Rick Perry, because Bank of America said "They'd help him out". Well all of the recent hubbub has got me thinking, what if Rick Perry and Herman Cain were meant to be some secondary puppet-sponges that soak up the poll numbers?

I think it's safe to say that those three have recevived the most media attention lately. Rick Perry entered the race surging in the polls, made himself look stupid, and is now dropping. Herman Cain entered strongly and began climbing, but now there's this sexual harassment thing that's recently popped up and will most likely kill his chances of being elected. So who does that leave? Our big banker puppet Mitt Romney, or our banker puppet Obama.

So here we are again, stuck with voting for the lesser of two evils, most likely faced with another terrible 4 years. What will happen under either of their Administrations? Will they do anything to actually make things get better, or will this country continue to spiral downwards?
edit on 2-11-2011 by TupacShakur because:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Way too early to tell. Remember 4 years ago this month who was leading on the Republican side? Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson.

I'm not so sure all the potential candidates have even entered the race at this point.

Don't get disillusioned before the primaries even start. There'll be plenty of time to jump off a bridge sometime after about next May.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I agree with your point. It may be too early to get all worked-up, but who can we expect to get in the race that would be a "game changer"?

There aren't very many possible candidates that would get me all riled up to vote for the GOP. Ron Paul is our best option, but he will never be allowed to represent the GOP nationally.

What we are witnessing here is the re-election of Obama....whether we like it or not.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I agree with your point. It may be too early to get all worked-up, but who can we expect to get in the race that would be a "game changer"?

There aren't very many possible candidates that would get me all riled up to vote for the GOP. Ron Paul is our best option, but he will never be allowed to represent the GOP nationally.

What we are witnessing here is the re-election of Obama....whether we like it or not.

I already knew these guys where puppets.

They will never let a normal person in office without being "elite approved".

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Tupac,

Do not give up my friend. A lot can happen in one week and we have how many left? Keep your eye on the target.

People are coming up to me at work and bringing up Ron Paul. I have been warned not to talk politics at work, but if they bring it up first I figure I am off the hook. A lot of people are terribly frustrated. On Halloween three separate people who were not in costumes told me they were the 99%. It is happening.

Who knows, hopefully we all wasted our money on our B.O.B.s. Nothing would make me happier!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ron Paul is our best option, but he will never be allowed to represent the GOP nationally.

And every time that thought is expressed, it becomes a more likely reality.

Just sayin'.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

See, this is what they would like you to believe, but they do not have the control that they have had their black ops mouthpieces - like Alex Jones - telling us they have. I know they have a lot of tools at their disposal but they cannot win unless we give up and resign ourselves to their will. They would not be working so hard on making that happen if they did not have to in order to succeed. Remember the words of Winston Churchill ~ "Never, ever, ever give up!"

If you give up, then you deserve what they have planned for us. It is not about winning - there is too much to win - it is about the struggle. And it always has been.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I will vote for RP. No matter what. My actions will speak louder than thought!

But we have to be realistic here. Even if RP was at the top of the pack, the GOP would never give him the go-ahead. You know that, so do I.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You know that, so do I.

I know no such thing. if enough people want RP to be president, he will be. A groundswell will, if nothing else, cause plenty of power brokers and big $$ types to run out in front of him in support.

Sort of like the Tea Party. I don't think the issue is as much getting the support, as surviving it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I agree. If enough people come out to vote he will win the nomination. (That's if the machines aren't tampered with) I just don't see where that kind of support would come from without at least a hint of the wave coming.

We have no reason to believe that such a wave is on the way. We have to realize that RP's message is very complicated for the average voter and so most people will stick to the trendy, dumbed-down candidated from the establishment.

I will vote for RP, whether I think it's a waste or not. We can only hope most people will do the same.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The last pres. election was easy to see coming for the democrats. The 2012 election seems to be easy to call
also , an Obama re-election.The republican party seems to be setting it's self up to fail with it's flavor of the month club, first Perry then Cain. Mitt is mediocre at best. Don't get me wrong Paul is my choice , regardless, but the republican party won't let him have the nomination.
I see two options left , let Obama get re-elected or bring in a game changer , near the end maybe even at the convention. One game changer would be ...........Jeb Bush. So don't be surprised .

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

One game changer would be ...........Jeb Bush.

I don't even think the hardcore Republicans would go for another Bush. I could be wrong though.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Way too early to tell. Remember 4 years ago this month who was leading on the Republican side? Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson.

I'm not so sure all the potential candidates have even entered the race at this point.

Don't get disillusioned before the primaries even start. There'll be plenty of time to jump off a bridge sometime after about next May.
Good point. I think there's a really good chance that Rick Perry and Herman Cain will drop in the polls. So that would leave Mitt Romney at the top, and Ron Paul would most likely be bumped up to second place.

With that secured, the corporate media might give him more coverage, and more people will listen to what he's saying and start to support him over Romney.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I already knew these guys where puppets.

Yeah when a guy whose top campaign donations are almost all from big banks is leading the polls, there is a serious problem with the people. I think that goes to show how ignorant and uninformed people really are.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
OOh OOh!!! Can I get the broke car with the flat tires? Thats the one I want. (salesman) why?. (Me) cause theres no point in gettign a new car for old roads. Fix the roads first!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Tupac,

Do not give up my friend. A lot can happen in one week and we have how many left? Keep your eye on the target.
The debates are the important thing IMO, but I don't know how many people watch those. There are at least 15 more debates to come, so we'll see if people change their opinions on him after hearing him talk.

People are coming up to me at work and bringing up Ron Paul. I have been warned not to talk politics at work, but if they bring it up first I figure I am off the hook. A lot of people are terribly frustrated. On Halloween three separate people who were not in costumes told me they were the 99%. It is happening.
Let's just hope people wake up quick enough, but I really cahave a hard time seeing that happen. Most people I talk to about this are either incredibly uninformed, or they are completely apathetic and don't really care.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

I've heard this a few times...but it simply isn't true.

At this time in 2007, McCain was leading the polls by 5-12%.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I don't see anyone else getting into the race...the first primaries are in about 2 months...it is way too late for anyone to jump in at this point.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I really hate to bust bubbles about Ron Paul...but he is running in 5th.

In the 2008 primaries...he was around 5-8% of polling.

Right now, he is around 8% of polling.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

He is gaining no traction, he has consistently been between 5-8% this entire primary season...his numbers simply aren't moving.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

But people are starting to realize that Rick Perry is a moron, so there's a good chance his numbers will drop. Herman Cain's 999 plan is a disaster, and his sexual harassment settlement is going to drop his poll numbers IMO. If that happens, Romney will be on top, with Gingrich and Paul jostling for 2nd place.

Maybe it won't play out like that, Perry and Cain might stay where they're at and people will vote for those clowns. We'll see what happens in the upcoming weeks.

Rick Perry skyrocketed early on, and now he's been plummeting. Bachmann also had decent numbers, but she's been dropping lately. Cain came out of nowhere and is somehow leading the polls, but he could easily drop just like Perry did. Romney has had some ups and downs, but he's been polling nicely for the most part.

But Ron Paul has stayed consistent, but he hasn't dropped signicantly at all. Once somebody supports him, they don't change their minds. His supporters aren't your typical flaky morons who vote based on which candidate they've heard the most about while watching the news.

Paul is within arm distance of Gingrich and Perry. His numbers won't drop significantly, but I can't say the same for the other two.
edit on 2-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Rick Perry supporters are more likely to switch over to Romney.

Cain supporters are more likely to switch over to Bachmann.

I would even guess Newt would pick up some supporters. But I don't see Rick Perry supporters switching over to Paul. A portion of Cain supporters may move to Paul...but I think it is more likely for them to move to the other candidate they see as the Tea Party candidate...Bachmann.

ETA: Yes, look at your graph. As Perry rose, Romney fell...as Perry is falling...Romney is rising. Same with Cain and Bachmann to a lesser degree. And yes Paul's line is flat...but it has been flat for the entire time...it's been flat since LAST election. There is no doubt he has a solid and dedicated following...but it just isn't growing. And you are insulting the people that you are wanting to support Ron Paul...not a great strategy IMO.
edit on 2-11-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join