It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel gets ready to unveil David's Sling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

MISSILE DEFENSE
Israel gets ready to unveil David's Sling by Staff Writers Tel Aviv, Israel (UPI) Oct 31, 2011

The Israeli air force is preparing to deploy a new air-defense system with the biblical name of David's Sling, designed to intercept medium-range missiles, while the Iron Dome system deployed earlier battles Palestinian rockets. A new unit has been formed to man the first David's Sling battery that will be based in central Israel sometime in 2012. David's Sling, also known as Magic Wand, has been jointly developed by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems and U.S. defense contractor Raytheon to counter missiles and rockets with ranges of 25-185 miles.

something really bad is about to break loose
all the events in a big picture sure look like a recipe for disaster
Jesus is knocking at the door it's time to get right with the lord people
I pray come quickly Jesus of Bethlehem

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD

Something really bad is about to happen?

Yeah, you bet - the people of Israel are seeing another throwaway to a military industry. How much did that "iron dome" idea cost... and it doesn't work?

Israel's military junta will try to formulate another war to keep its people cowed and intimidated. I don't think it will work this time.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Makes you think... what if all the bat# crazy names and descriptions of things in ancient texts is actually referring to the Titles given to ancient civilization systems (weapons, companies, etc)... personified to be able to maintain a narrative to pass down to their children so they could be remembered.

Imagine if we were to end up in a devastating worldwide war... how we would structure our stories and the names the "heroes" and "villains" would have, and the sort of descriptions we would give to them.

Huh.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this.

It kind of relates to this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this one too: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this one too: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Israel seems hell bent on turning the region into a war zone.

I still think some of the Lunatics in power are actually trying to fulfill biblical prophecy. They even name their military hardware and operations with Religious affiliations. So scary right now, I have a feeling that many innocents are about to get killed.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
They obviously don't give a rats about those Jewish people that are not in Israel.
If they are stupid enough to start a full scale war,
those in diaspora will no longer be safe.

It won't help their tourism industry either.

Its 2011, and humans cannot evolve past greed and violence.
maybe saddam and amedinejad were not kidding
destroying the zionism of the us and israel would stop a lot of the worlds problems.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Whats with the crazy religious babble at the end of your post?

But on the pertinent subject surely this is a defensive weapon and not an offensive one?? there has to be a difference or am i missing the point?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

D-zam- what in sam hell is a Davids sling? David as in the giant slayer?

Sounds like Israels got new toy.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Something really bad is about to happen?

Yeah, you bet - the people of Israel are seeing another throwaway to a military industry. How much did that "iron dome" idea cost... and it doesn't work?

Israel's military junta will try to formulate another war to keep its people cowed and intimidated. I don't think it will work this time.

It works EVERY TIME especially HERE!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I'm growing really tired of this jew hate crap .. My great grandfather was jewish, me I'm just a dumb ass who thinks theres good and bad in every culture but reminded of gods commandment thou shalt not kill ... fkn yanks are the real issue ... wake up ... more dis info crap here ... ffs Palestine and Israel both have a right to exist just like most here do with their elite educated shizen ... 1967 borders .... is it to hard for non believers to understand?
edit on 2/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Oh boy. Another dramatic feminine rant.

A new defense from any particlular cou try is not the end of the world.

Why are ATS'ers so flippin dramatic like a bunch of nancy boys on antidepressants?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
....so... Israel create an anti-missile system designed to protect their own people, and everyone comes in and rants about how Israel is "determined to create a regional war"?

Seriously.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Why are ATS'ers so flippin dramatic like a bunch of nancy boys on antidepressants?

Now THAT is funny, right there !!!
I don't care who you are!!
Made my morning, thanks.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

You think Israel should go to war already and get it over with? Palestine then Iran?
edit on 2-11-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

You think Israel should go to war already and get it over with? Palestine then Iran?
edit on 2-11-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

well i'm sure usa gov is foaming at the lips in anticipation

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by Nephalim

How you got that from what he wrote....

I don't even....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Nephalim

How you got that from what he wrote....

I don't even....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I was just asking his opinion on it. Whats yours? Point being I guess is that when Israel unveils that defense system, its to send a clear message to someone. My guess is that someone is going to mouth off soon.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD

MISSILE DEFENSE
Israel gets ready to unveil David's Sling by Staff Writers Tel Aviv, Israel (UPI) Oct 31, 2011

The Israeli air force is preparing to deploy a new air-defense system with the biblical name of David's Sling, designed to intercept medium-range missiles, while the Iron Dome system deployed earlier battles Palestinian rockets. A new unit has been formed to man the first David's Sling battery that will be based in central Israel sometime in 2012. David's Sling, also known as Magic Wand, has been jointly developed by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems and U.S. defense contractor Raytheon to counter missiles and rockets with ranges of 25-185 miles.

something really bad is about to break loose
all the events in a big picture sure look like a recipe for disaster
Jesus is knocking at the door it's time to get right with the lord people
I pray come quickly Jesus of Bethlehem

The fact that they named that thing "David's Sling" is a threat to the muslim community. The thing about air defense missles, they can also be programmed to target land based targets as well. The fact that they named that thing that, is indicative of their intent to win a war by slaying an enemy champion. This is what is called foreshadowing" folks. In the ancient days in order to spare massive losses of life and bloodshed armies often put their best champion against their enemy's best champion and whatever champion won decided which army won the battle. David was also a conqueror and he forged an empire.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
....so... Israel create an anti-missile system designed to protect their own people, and everyone comes in and rants about how Israel is "determined to create a regional war"?

Seriously.

People are referring to Israel's announcements about offensive weapons and offensive threats..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The whole thing is being timed.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD
The fact that they named that thing "David's Sling" is a threat to the muslim community.

...a threat to Muslims on what basis, exactly? Please tell me you're not suggesting that Goliath was a Palestinean.

Goliath was a giant who had been mocking Israel and her God...
That giant was one of the Rephaim, who lived in Gath. He wasn't Muslim. He isn't one of the ancestors of the Palestineans, he has no association whatsoever with Islam.

What it suggests to me is that Israel is well aware that she is a tiny state surrounded by much larger nations... literally a very small david faced with a very large existential threat. The nations around her have proven repeatedly that they are committed to her annihilation.

...seems like an appropriate name to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

"The fact that they named that thing "David's Sling" is a threat to the muslim community. The thing about air defense missles, they can also be programmed to target land based targets as well. The fact that they named that thing that, is indicative of their intent to win a war by slaying an enemy champion. This is what is called foreshadowing" folks. In the ancient days in order to spare massive losses of life and bloodshed armies often put their best champion against their enemy's best champion and whatever champion won decided which army won the battle. David was also a conqueror and he forged an empire"

What empire? Israel was NEVER even remotely considered an "empire" As far as winning a war, Israel could not even secure ONE of its objectives in the last Lebanese war against Hezbollah and it is widely acknowledged, even by Israelis that they lost that war. Albeit causing tremendous destruction to their enemy. They could not win a war against Iran by themselves and would be horribly defeated. Which of course is why they need the US to fight Iran for them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join