It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the genius that decided to have Kerry run as a 'war hero'???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
But I'm willing to bet that the Clinton's or thier lap-dog DNC chairman set this up.

You could easily be correct:

news.scotsman.com...

"I look forward to that debate - when John Kerry, a war hero with a chest full of medals, is standing next to George Bush, a man who was AWOL in the Alabama National Guard,"
Mr McAuliffe said.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Both sides play this game though: answer my challenge so I can belittle it.

you support the man that made the following quote...I�d like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations.�

ok belittle it.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
John Kerry must be pretty upset knowing that most of the people voting for him aren't voting for him becasue they like John Forbes Kerry but because they don't like Bush. "Too bad Kerry they just hate you less the n Bush"
Not love you more.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Kerry went to Vietnam looking for medals and Bush went into the National Guard to screw off and avoid combat. Kerry should have scored big time with most Americans on this issue but he pissed off a lot of veterans with his comments about what happened in Vietnam and they are now getting revenge. Another thing is that Kerry is not capable of playing hardball with Bush.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
I feel it was a sound decision by Kerry to focus on his war record. Kerry may not have suffered the worst wounds...
-koji K.

I "suffered" worse wounds playing pee-wee football. The guy has 3 purple hearts, yet not one - thats right ZERO - nights spent in a hospital. That should tell you something.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Kerry has something Bush doesn't, a war record and medels from it.
That record was a pulling factor with the vets, and others.

Eh, Kerry might have gotten medals, but he threw them away after he'd gotten back to the states and he was ashamed of his war record, that's why he testified in Congress that he was a baby killer, along with every other soldier that served over there he said, this is the reason why so many of our soldiers, who did serve honorably and did not participate in atrocities, got spit in the face and called slanderous names upon their return.

Bush's campaign was to undermine that record, and this he did with the anti-kerry swift boats campaign, just as he did with earlier oponents.

With a low life record like the one that Kerry is supposedly proud of, there 's not much there to undermine.

The question shouldn't be "who deicded that Kerry should run as a "war hero", but what are the personal qualities of a politician (Bush) who uses lies, slander and deceit to destroy something someone should be proud of, when he himself hid away from action, displaying cowardness by his deeds.

If in the event that George Bush HAD to go to Vietnam, he would have never killed babies, threw away any medals he'd recieved, and given a false testimonies that all soldiers in Vietnam were taking part in atrocious behaviour. That's the kind of character our president has got. An honorable one. Not super-shady as the one Kerry has demonstrated.

Something else, although it was by the skin of his teeth, Bush rightfully so won the popular vote in Florida in 2000, and it was Al Gore who was determined to steal the election.

[edit on 5/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

I feel it was a sound decision by Kerry to focus on his war record. Kerry may not have suffered the worst wounds...
-koji K.

I "suffered" worse wounds playing pee-wee football. The guy has 3 purple hearts, yet not one - thats right ZERO - nights spent in a hospital. That should tell you something.

On top of that, he pissed and moaned and whined and cried and etc...and etc..and etc...until he got them. He recieved nothing more than what a bandaid could have taken care of. Hell, the Navy gave them to him just to shut him up!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think if it wasnt for the Dean scream Kerry wouldnt even be in this race

Dean was the clear favorite before that little event. Im sure there were people that were already planning the Dean campaign

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

-koji K.

On top of that, he pissed and moaned and whined and cried and etc...and etc..and etc...until he got them. He recieved nothing more than what a bandaid could have taken care of. Hell, the Navy gave them to him just to shut him up!

where's your proof?

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think if it wasnt for the Dean scream Kerry wouldnt even be in this race

Dean was the clear favorite before that little event. Im sure there were people that were already planning the Dean campaign

I agree - the Dems F'd themselves by picking Kerry. Last time I checked, Bush was up 11 points

EDIT:

Now that I think about it, anyone have a link to the scream - I could go for a laugh right now

[edit on 5-9-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

-koji K.

where's your proof?

-koji K.

I haven't got it, but the veterans who served with him sure have got it.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I almost didn't post on here...too easy, but I just couldn't help myself

If in the event that George Bush HAD to go to Vietnam, he would have never killed babies, threw away any medals he'd recieved, and given a false testimonies that all soldiers in Vietnam were taking part in atrocious behaviour. That's the kind of character our president has got. An honorable one. Not super-shady as the one Kerry has demonstrated.

Well.........the world will never know what he "would" of done...because he didn't go.....

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Now that I think about it, anyone have a link to the scream - I could go for a laugh right now

[edit on 5-9-2004 by American Mad Man]

Here you go American Mad Man

They have the video in this article enjoy

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm finding it very hard to imagine George W. Bush even being IN Vietnam.
Or Combat. He just does'nt seem the type.
I can imagine Kerry being there though.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm finding it very hard to imagine George W. Bush even being IN Vietnam.
Or Combat. He just does'nt seem the type.
I can imagine Kerry being there though.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

well could you ask them to pass it to you, and then pass it on to me? cause i know a lot of swift boat vets who say kerry's a hero, and i just don't know who to believe.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Here you go American Mad Man

They have the video in this article enjoy

news.bbc.co.uk...

It never gets old!!! I could watch that everyday for the rest of my life and it would be just as funny the first time I saw it!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

well could you ask them to pass it to you, and then pass it on to me? cause i know a lot of swift boat vets who say kerry's a hero, and i just don't know who to believe.

-koji K.

The ones that where actually on his boat seem to have much different opinions than the ones who weren't on his boat.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The ones on his boat were his friends, and thus are just as likely as any Republican swifty to be biased.

I can hear it now:

"Hey, buddy old pal, I'm running for president, and that whole 'Nam thing is coming up. Could you help me out by saying a few good words for me? Oh, by the way - I married this broad, and she's even richer then the last one I married!!!! Ohhh - I know - I thought I'd never find someone with more money - but I did! So anyways - I'll fly you up here get you on TV so you can tell the world how brave I was, then I'll take you out on the town - my - no, make that Hienz's treat."

So instead of taking peoples words, look at the facts. He was in Vietnam for only three months. He got three purple hearts in those three months. It takes three purple hearts to get out of 'Nam. In all three of those cases, his wounds were so minor that he never once recieved any surgery and never once spent the night in a hospital.

Now, I don't know about you, but to me something is fishy there. If he got hurt, but didnt need extensive medical treatment thats fine, but don't go looking for a purple heart for it. Those things are for when you get shot and the like, not when you get some minor cut.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join