It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the genius that decided to have Kerry run as a 'war hero'???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Was it a Republican mole in the Kerry campaign?

Or did the Clintons suggest this bright idea?!

Can you imagine all the finger-pointing and whining the day after Kerry loses this election?!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Since there is really nothing outstanding about Kerry what else did they have to go on? His 20 years in the Senate where he did next to nothing? His 'position' on issues that he keeps changing his mind on? The fact that he doesn't bother to show up and vote?
Seriously, when it comes to Kerry they don't have a whole lot to work with so they were hoping that claiming he was a 'war hero' while we are in the midst of the war on terror would be enough to make people have faith he could handle this current war.
How Kerry can have any supporters is beyond me. I can understand that people might be frustrated with the current President and might feel that we need a change, but I do not think for one second that Kerry is the man for the job!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
And who was the bright spark who decided stealing the last election wasnt enough, this time they ought to # over the other candidates and make their daughters look like twats to gain publicity. Not to mention the bright spark that suggested Arnie talks boolocks to get the "numb head redneck wife beater" vot. Hohoho,

The Magical Mystery Roundabout We Call Politics

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It was a good idea. Kerry served his country in Viet Nam, while Bush took the easy way out. (Can't really blame Bush, though, since I might have done the same. The difference is I doubt Bush did it because he felt the Viet Nam war was wrong.)

The truth is, if Kerry was a Tibetan monk he could have run as a Tibetan monk and the republicans would have smeared him for being a Tibetan monk.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

How Kerry can have any supporters is beyond me.

It isn't support for Kerry...it's abject horror at the idea of what Bush will do with four more years!
Right now I'd rather go for Morris the Cat, than see Shrub there again....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nobody is beating the "war hero" stuff into the ground now except Republicans trying to discredit him.

Let me take you back to the DNC convention. The charges being made against Kerry and Teresa then were "nobody knows these people."

So the convention was the first opportunity to introduce themselves to America, give their bios and say hello.

Now the charges are "war hero" platform and all Teresa can talk about is herself. :shk:

If Kerry hadn't brought up his medals and experience they'd say "what is he hiding?" If Teresa didn't explain her life under a dictatorship, the'd say she's ashamed to be an immigrant.

Both sides play this game though: answer my challenge so I can belittle it.

I'm sure it would be fair to ask "who told George to run as a uniter" or doesn't the RNC know America isnt buying "People of Compassion", but whatever.

If Americans are incapable of getting past the party lines repeated on the news, then they deserve whoever they get (though sadly the rest of the world probably doesn't).

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
And who was the bright spark who decided stealing the last election wasnt enough...

Let me explain the last election. Bush won the election and the Democrats descended on Florida to do everything they could to steal the election in every conceivable way. When they failed, they did what all good marxists do. They blamed the victim.

Now, how is it such a great political sage has emerged from Wales to inform America how to conduct its internal affairs with nearly indecipherable illiteracy.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Kerry reported for duty, he has made it a central issue of his campaign to show that he was a leader in a time of war. But I'm willing to bet that the Clinton's or thier lap-dog DNC chairman set this up. My theory is that Hillary wants to run in 08 and knows that she can't do that if Kerry is the sitting President. So they come up with this plank, knowing that it will hurt Kerry and sit back and watch. With Kerry out of the way and 4 more years to bash Bush, She'd be a shoo in to take the Democratic nomination and can blame the Republicans for what has gone wrong since a Clinton was in th White House.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I live in Florida, and it was downright despicable what Daley tried to do to the election process.

It might have worked for his father and JFK, but it didn't fly this time around.

What do you do when you fail to steal an election? That's right, you accuse the other side of election fraud.

Heinous, and truly unamerican. No wonder you haven't heard much from that slimeball Daley since the failed coup.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

And who was the bright spark who decided stealing the last election wasnt enough...

Let me explain the last election. Bush won the election and the Democrats descended on Florida to do everything they could to steal the election in every conceivable way. When they failed, they did what all good marxists do. They blamed the victim.

Now, how is it such a great political sage has emerged from Wales to inform America how to conduct its internal affairs with nearly indecipherable illiteracy.

Ooops, sorry, I forgot, extreme republicans are nationalists, who think no one but an American can have an opinion on America. My mistake, hohoho

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Maybe it was the same guy who came up with the idea to have the RNC in NY City....not that bright, whoever that one was

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Kerry has something Bush doesn't, a war record and medels from it.
That record was a pulling factor with the vets, and others.
Bush's campaign was to undermine that record, and this he did with the anti-kerry swift boats campaign, just as he did with earlier oponents.

The question shouldn't be "who deicded that Kerry should run as a "war hero", but what are the personal qualities of a politician (Bush) who uses lies, slander and deceit to destroy something someone should be proud of, when he himself hid away from action, displaying cowardness by his deeds.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just because I don't want to claim victory too soon, Ill spot you John Kerrys lack of veracity in1968-69, and since on the subject of his service, bravery, and creative writing.

Ill also spot you his treasonous filth that he spewed in 1971 regarding his [sic] and everyone elses service in Viet Nam all is forgiven.

Ill ignore the egocentric Theresa HEINZ-kerry, the man has to live with her, rich or not, my condolences.

John Edwards, nice hair, whichever America you come from, and if you dont like it, Ill see you in court.

TWENTY YEARS in the U.S. Senate nada not even a Gold Star for attendance, zip. That is the problem, this guy has been warming up in the bullpen for twenty years, but he hasnt thrown a pitch. He abdicated the day he was first elected, and never looked back. I would think being from the great state of Taxachusetts, and under the drunken, murderous, philandering tutelage of Ted get me a Chivas over here Kennedy (I do give Ted credit though, despite his extracurricular activities, he does manage to do his job, mainly pissing off mainstream America) that he would have had something to do with a piece of legislation anything. John Kerry has been collecting the salary of a U.S. Senator for twenty years, and has done nothing by his own admission.

kerry.senate.gov
In 1984, after winning election as Lieutenant Governor in 1982, Kerry ran and was elected to serve in the United States Senate, running and winning a successful PAC-free Senate race and defeating a Republican opponent buoyed by Ronald Reagan's reelection coattails. Like his predecessor, the irreplaceable Paul Tsongas, Kerry came to the Senate with a reputation for independence -- and reinforced it by making tough choices on difficult issues: breaking with many in his own Party to support Gramm-Rudman Deficit Reduction; taking on corporate welfare and government waste; pushing for campaign finance reform; holding Oliver North accountable and exposing the fraud and abuse at the heart of the BCCI scandal; working with John McCain in the search for the truth about Vietnam veterans declared POW/MIA; and insisting on accountability, investment, and excellence in public education.

Sen. Kerry was re-elected in 1990, and again in 1996, defeating the popular Republican Governor William Weld in the most closely watched Senate race in the country. Now serving his fourth term, Kerry has worked to reform public education, address children's issues, strengthen the economy and encourage the growth of the high tech New Economy, protect the environment, and advance America's foreign policy interests around the globe.

I have yet to here the faithful laud, and praise their errant parliamentarian (John's more comfortable with European terminology, being "a man of the world" you know), his accomplishments will certainly carry the day, even if they fail to fill it.

Senator John Kerry's website.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JunkYardFrog

Was it a Republican mole in the Kerry campaign?

Thats an excellent idea. Now I have to gather some contacts to put this into action. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
The truth is, if Kerry was a Tibetan monk he could have run as a Tibetan monk and the republicans would have smeared him for being a Tibetan monk.

Koji, Kerry based his campaign on the issue. The miscalculation was his and his alone. Given the way he changes his mind and flip flops on issues, maybe its a blessing that we are not looking at his voting record (or lack of) in the last year. If you float a pitch over the middle of the plate, why shouldnt I swing at it? He has laready been caught in lies about his record. He may have lied about more, we don't know at this point. I for one want to know

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by koji_K

Koji, Kerry based his campaign on the issue. The miscalculation was his and his alone. Given the way he changes his mind and flip flops on issues, maybe its a blessing that we are not looking at his voting record (or lack of) in the last year. If you float a pitch over the middle of the plate, why shouldnt I swing at it? He has laready been caught in lies about his record. He may have lied about more, we don't know at this point. I for one want to know

I feel it was a sound decision by Kerry to focus on his war record. Kerry may not have suffered the worst wounds, or been in Vietnam long, but he still served his country under harsh combat conditions, in opposition to our current president. The only "lie" I know of is his statement regarding cambodia, which I view as minimal given that he was in vietnam serving at the time, doing things more or less similar to what he would be doing in cambodia. However, it's a fair point that the republicans can take a swing at whatever Kerry pitches, which is not inconsistent with the point I was trying to make.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

And who was the bright spark who decided stealing the last election wasnt enough

FYI...the last election was not stolen. ALGORE lost his home state of Tennessee. His own people, the people that knew him best, decided that Bush was the better man. If ALGORE wins his home state, Florida means nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Um, the recount was halted by the Supreme Court, so we do not actually know who won in Florida. Maybe people from outside this country are able to view it with the detachment that objectivity needs.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hey, thanks Talibansuu, your probably right........

But lets face it, the type of Republican who won't admit Bush didn't win the election.........well, I think if they were shown a Video of Bush sexually pleasing the governor of Florida and then picking up the ballot box and setting fire to it - they'd still say he did no wrong, it's just the republican way. In Brittain we have similar people, but Ironically they tend to be Labour supporters.......the ones who are so extreme they supported Blair all through the scandals of lying in the house of commons and fabricating evidence, before during and after it came out.

It's just the ones who REALLY wanttheir party to work, can't bear to see it do wrong, so they turn a blind eye and turn defence into offence. Thats why you pose a "Bush" allegation at an extreme Republican and you will almost certainly meet the word "Clinton".

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well....

Well....

Well....

Looks like "Give 'em hell, Zell", my new nickname for him, put the final nail in Kerry's political coffin. Even liberals are going to vote for President Bush after listening to that speech last night.

I'm sure Hillary is smiling today!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join