It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All things Pagan. A Druid's guide.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Blessed be,
I do not deny that Jesus has done and said good things, I just do not like those deeds and words being changed to suit the needs of Men who wish to acquire power and money. This is my reason.

Namasté

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wildoracle13

Blessed Be.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ah cheers OP I have been reading about wicca's in the last few days (Thanks for the links all you wicca's dude's and dudette's) Just what I have been looking for.

May the Monkey only giggle as you pass (and not throw poo)

link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by autowrench

Hello auto, thanks for stopping in. As per your scrying post above, do you practice scrying? What's your favorite method if so?

Yes, there are many ways to scry. You can even scry the leaves on a tree in the wind.

As per your "cult" comment, I do believe there does need to be some form of intent to control or otherwise convert an individual to your beliefs, and usually under the direction of an individuals own "inner sight". Is a coven really a cult? I'll ponder that a bit, however, they are voluntary groupings. Thoughts?

No, actually, I use the tarot cards myself for this purpose. And a few other Native American ways to, as mentioned by you. As for your question, a Coven in itself would not be a cult, but if everyone began to do the same, same, same? We must all preserve our individualism no matter what, it is that that defines up. A "group" would be no harm at all, I have been to several, and want to attend "Burning Man," once, anyway.

link   
reply to post by Druid42

I too am a solitary. But together on here we are a Coven !

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Question to the OP you got branded right? I bet that hurt or did you get drunk/han an injection for the pain?
Also did it smell of chicken?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Blessed be,
Has your research been fruitful?
Did you recieve a PM from someone I sent to you?
May this thread be helpful in your search for your True Path.

Namasté

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusSaves2008
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Have a good time in Hell!

Well, since you cam intentionally to this thread to preach at us who know better...
Hell is for those obsessed with it, as are Demons and Satans. So the Hell you believe in is the one you will go to. We of the Wiccan Faith have a much better place waiting for us, and none of your kind allowed. Research your religion, will ya?

Biggest Conspiracy of them All, Jesus is Dead and Buried

Conspiracy of the Century...Jesus and Lucifer, One and the Same!

Musings on Christians

Why the Polar Opposites in Christianity?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

Ah thanks sweet pea

Its just I can never find my mail box on this site lol, just spent 10 min's clicking away to no avail lol
So where is my inbox button

Me and my half monkey brain

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

No, love, I understood. I am happy that works for you.

It is just common thought that all Pagans must follow those rules and laws, when really that's not true at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Ah thanks sweet pea

Its just I can never find my mail box on this site lol, just spent 10 min's clicking away to no avail lol
So where is my inbox button

Me and my half monkey brain

The ribbon on the bottom right hand side!

Namasté

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic

It is just common thought that all Pagans must follow those rules and laws, when really that's not true at all.

This is quite true and to each their own'always works best.

Namasté

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ah found it but the last mail I got was from you, nevermind I still have lots to read thanks again.
BM

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

You say tomatoe, I say tomato.

Truly, my Athame is double-edged. I ground it myself from a blank of silver. It's not the fanciest, but as you incur, it serves it's purpose.

I often use it for a throwing knife, to hone my dagger skills. Apalling? No, I just re-hone the edge. It contains a lot of my energy, as it should be.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What appeals to me is that there seems to be a variety of paths one can take. My question is aside from doing research and trying to accumulate knowledge where should one begin on their spiritual journey. I am seeking answers. I am not looking for instruction but guidance, if that makes any sense. I hope my question is answerable.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Druids were Celtic and Runes are Germanic, Celts and Druids utilized Ogham which is similar to Runes. The Germanics, Norse, Germans, Danes, and Swedes utilized Runes.

And weren't those written on leaves that were strung out to make a message? They were written on leaves so that when the leaves decomposed there were no traces of any messages left. As far as I know the druids left no written history of any kind. They did so to preserve their secrets.

and thus, many secrets were lost.

However, Runes still exist, and they still have meaning. We have to pick up the pieces we have, and move along.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by galactix

Originally posted by Druid42

But since you went there, would you mind telling us the three most important concepts that Jesus talked about during his life?

this is not my argument and i have no wish to engage with rigid thinkers (and so will not reply to jesussaves), but your question spoke to me and i wish to share:

Jesus discovered Gaia. He called it the "Holy Ghost". Said it connected everybody, including non Jews.

they killed him for that. Read "Lamb" by Christopher Moore: a profound (and hilarious) fictional story of the life of Jesus. it wasn't till after i read it that i understood...

The catholic church is what happens when desperate Romans pervert the ideas of an amazing human for purposes of controlling others.

took me a long time to separate the church from Jesus.
edit on 1-11-2011 by galactix because: worng quote

Gaia was there before Jesus, and we simply need to tune in.

And yes, I will split hairs, and say that Jesus is still completely separate from the church. He had a message, which the church has since perverted, but it's not that hard to see. It correlates so closely to our own pagan beliefs. I'll expound further if you'd like.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Why do we scare you? Is it because we can live our lives without fractal geometry, energy grids, or scale invariances?

Is it because we don't need fictional books like the Torah or Quran?

Perhaps it's because we choose to live our lives without the NEED for direction, and we are comfortable making our own decisions. Perhaps it's because we choose for ourselves what is best for us, and that we don't rely upon anyone else telling us what we SHOULD do.

Perhaps it's because we can FEEL the connection to Mother Earth, and we don't need anything else to replace that?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhaliWitch

Originally posted by cetaphobic

This is quite true and to each their own'always works best.

Namasté

To each their own way is really the only way. For magiks power is truly a most personal thing. Focused by the flame or crystal and released in crescendo, the power really lies within the heart of the practitioner.
Our relationship with the earth is one of mother and child and each of us experiences this in our own personal way.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Druid42

I too am a solitary. But together on here we are a Coven !

I prefer the word Henge. But that is my personal preference. Henge.

A henge denotes a link to Mother Earth. I like the term in that regard.

So, could we say we are an ATS Henge?

Thoughts?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join