It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

transgender does not make you a man ,it makes you a male.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i am so fed up with the media calling females that get sex changes as men.
being a man means so much more.
being born with a penis means getting into pissing contest,being wary of getting it caught in ones zipper.it means fighting in school.vying for females.constant hardons in the teen years.worrying about the draft.trying to be alpha male.having older men teach the facts of life.loosing sex drive as we get older.expected to do manual labor for our women folk.defending the family.
being a man is not taking hormones and having an appendage sown on.its a life experience from birth to death.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
just go with the flow man...i think it's weird too but yea..
i just go with the flow. If they wanna think there men then w/e

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
When it comes down to the scientific classification of are you a man I like to look at the chromosomes. XY you are a man, XX you are a woman.

You can change whatever you want but you can't change that.

Now I'm not saying people don't have the right to "change" genders or whatever. If that makes them happy, go for it. I don't care and I won't see you as being anything other than human. Just don't tell me you're a man when you're not. you are a transgender. Nothing wrong with that, but that's what you are.

I've known a transgender (male to female) for a long time. One of the nicest people I know. However, if asked I would still define him as a man.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by robomont

I never had a draft to worry about, and I've never been stupid enough that I had to worry about getting it stuck in my zipper. Guess I'm not a man. Enjoy your gender binary.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Who are you, or anyone, to say what being a man is?

I get sick of this stereotyping people seem to like to cling to, in order for their world to make sense.

I LOVE shoes, I HATE sports. I AM a MAN.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"transgender does not make you a man ,it makes you a male."

So it makes them male women?

That's even more confusing.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I agree.
And apparently, wasting time and money studying about it doesn't land you a job either.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

What am I?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by robomont
i am so fed up with the media calling females that get sex changes as men.
being a man means so much more.
being born with a penis means getting into pissing contest,being wary of getting it caught in ones zipper.it means fighting in school.vying for females.constant hardons in the teen years.worrying about the draft.trying to be alpha male.having older men teach the facts of life.loosing sex drive as we get older.expected to do manual labor for our women folk.defending the family.
being a man is not taking hormones and having an appendage sown on.its a life experience from birth to death.

So... according to you, being a "man" is dependent on having a series of experiences that you have arbitrarily dictated?

What if I said that being a man means doing drywall at 8 years old, stabbing a guy in the eye in Jr. High, struggling to stay in high school because you have to help support your family, living off the grid, and dealing with death on a daily basis? Are you a man by those standards? Really?! I mean, you don't match all those experiences that some other men go through? Well, you are just a "male", not a "man".

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Extremely attractive?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I remember when Mrs Thatcher came to power. She was still a woman but one of the hardest women that there ever was, she was alpha female and male. She was as tough as old boot and yes you could imagine her winning a whaz up the wall competition. She broke all stereotypes and threw them in the bin for me

So agree with previous posts, there is no clear cut definition of the sexes, there never was, despite the TV up to 1990s portraying the distinctions.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
And just to trash your POV more,
If a male was to have his penis chopped off, would that only make him female and not make him a woman until he had done "womanly things" like... have sex with a man, get pregnant, raise kids. Err... Bake, cook clean, get excited over shopping... i dunno cant name anymore "roles" because they really dont exist anymore.

But would you agree the reverse is true?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Now that's one thing I've always wondered about. As much as the US is supposedly against sexism in the military, they still do not require woman to sign up for the draft when they turn 18 like all us males do. Heck, if we don't sign up, we can get fined up to $250,000 and spend up to 5 years in prison.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I don't really get the question because it seems like a trap.

But based on the size and proportion of your hand, I would say
...FEMALE.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by Vardoger

What am I?

A little teapot?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
When it comes down to the scientific classification of are you a man I like to look at the chromosomes. XY you are a man, XX you are a woman.

Unfortunately, that's not scientific at all. There is a lot of variation in human karyotypes, XXY, XYY, X0, etc. Sometimes the SRY gene moves from the Y chromosome to the X chromosome, so you have XY females and XX males. Sometimes there are issues with the endocrine system that cause physical development contrary to what you'd expect from the chromosomes. Some individuals develop brain structures more common to the opposite sex than their chromosomal sex. Their brains are actually mapped for the opposite sex's body, and sometimes generate phantom inputs from missing body parts, or regard body parts that are present as foreign. Such a person could well be considered a man (or woman) stuck in a woman's (or man's) body.

And because the title is too cool not to share with everyone:
Phantom Penises in Transsexuals
It promises "penetrating insights!"
edit on 31-10-2011 by FurvusRexCaeli because: link

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

That's an extreme statement. I was born male, but am very feminine. I like to do my hair up nice, clean up my face, shave, wear flattering clothes, listen to pop music. Does that now make me a woman? Should I go have my penis turned into a vagina? But then other females will say Oh but you weren't BORN female.

I think we all just need to get along and live by Gaga's words, "No matter gay, straight, or bi, lesbian, transgendered life, I'm on the right track baby I was born to survive"

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

A beautiful person,

inside and out!!!
!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

NM

edit on 31-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Why does it even matter what other people call them. A person has a sex change because they feel they are a man trapped in a woman's body or vice versa.... And a number of other reasons.

If they have an operation and now have a penis. Why not call them a man? Sure, the genetics or what have you may be different, but so what? They had the operation because they are a man trapped in a woman's body. They are becoming a male, and males are men.... So just call them a man...

Or better yet, How about.... you call them by their NAME? Or is that too complicated as well?

If you have a penis, regardless of surgery, in my books you are a man. If you have a vagina, regardless of surgery. You are a woman...

Yet some how, I would not date a man who became a woman..... Now... Figure that one out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join