It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

transgender does not make you a man ,it makes you a male.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by robomont

They had the operation because they are a man trapped in a woman's body. They are becoming a male, and males are men.... So just call them a man...

My general rule is I just call the person whatever they want to be called. Chick-suits, dude-suits... their all just suits.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by Vardoger

What am I?

Outstanding in your perspective?
All you need is the skull from Hamlet to go with that dramatic pose.

M.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by robomont
i am so fed up with the media calling females that get sex changes as men.
being a man means so much more.
being born with a penis means getting into pissing contest,being wary of getting it caught in ones zipper.it means fighting in school.vying for females.constant hardons in the teen years.worrying about the draft.trying to be alpha male.having older men teach the facts of life.loosing sex drive as we get older.expected to do manual labor for our women folk.defending the family.
being a man is not taking hormones and having an appendage sown on.its a life experience from birth to death.

I think it makes them a freak of nature.

Just my opinion.

neither male nor female

meh!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowman9364
reply to post by Evolutionsend

A beautiful person,

inside and out!!!
!

Unless you know this person personally, how do you know this? Yet another folly of male youth....they see boobs, and all is beauty with blinders on. Careful, you'll poke your eye out!

My opinion, not that it matters much, is that I question why this person would post a such a picture of themselves on a thread that had nothing to do with them. I think she's a woman fishing for compliments, knowing that all the young men would oogle over her cleavage, in an attempt to get everyone to "guess" what sex he or she was born. Who cares???? The thread wasn't about how well someone could pull off a sex change. It was about being raised as one particular sex and having to experience the cultural expectations and difficulties associated with having a penis.

I didn't find her attractive at all, but then again, I'm not one to judge beauty by looks.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

you have been fooled! I'm sure you'll figure it out....... The picture is on topic with the thread of course, so what's the problem?
edit on 31-10-2011 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
reply to post by Gseven

you have been fooled! I'm sure you'll figure it out....... The picture is on topic with the thread of course, so what's the problem?

Fooled because she was born a he? I've not been fooled at all. I'm saying it doesn't matter. The topic wasn't about how well a man can pass as a woman in a physical sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Yeah buy you can't really compare it to the mental sense either.... The OP is saying life experience is what determines your gender//

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
The thread wasn't about how well someone could pull off a sex change. It was about being raised as one particular sex and having to experience the cultural expectations and difficulties associated with having a penis.

Actually the thread was about the OP thinking he was qualified to decide who was and was not a "man". Evolutionsend posted a pic of somebody and said "what am I?" I think that was a fair question to be posed to the "Great Arbiter Of Gender Assignment".

And your other comments on the pic were unnecessary and rude.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Gseven

Yeah buy you can't really compare it to the mental sense either.... The OP is saying life experience is what determines your gender//

Perhaps, but I took it as only a "part" of what makes a man "a MAN". You can get the equipment, but the lifetime experiences and emotional/mental experiences don't come with sewing on a penis. That's what I took from the OP, and I tend to agree. The same can be said of the opposite. Men changing into women. I've seen some absolutely gorgeous trannies with great bodies who would fool everyone at first glance. But if you were to spend time with them, there is an "energy" and something intangible that is missing. They can study everything about being a woman - move like her, look like her, talk like her, but on a deeper level, he is still a he. A very feminine he, obviously, but still a he.

I think that the cultural demands on a stereotypical male, do indeed make the standard male that grows up, finds a woman, gets married, has kids, works hard to feed his family, retires, plays with his grandchildren, then dies. If any of those are missing, it's usually noticed in subtle behavior. Like I said, it's intangible, you can't always see it, but it's an "energy" I think we all are subconsciously aware of. It's like making a deep connection with someone who has been through the same struggles in life as you....you FEEL that connection. Whereas, with others, you don't feel it and you feel alone.

I think that's really what I was trying to convey. Nothing against gays, bi's, lesbians, or transsexuals...I have friends of all types. I don't judge them. I do however, ponder from time to time, the "why" of it all. What's the purpose? Is it good or bad or neither? But it doesn't affect the love I show to all, regardless of what they do in their private lives or how they dress.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by robomont
i am so fed up with the media calling females that get sex changes as men.
being a man means so much more.
being born with a penis means getting into pissing contest,being wary of getting it caught in ones zipper.it means fighting in school.vying for females.constant hardons in the teen years.worrying about the draft.trying to be alpha male.having older men teach the facts of life.loosing sex drive as we get older.expected to do manual labor for our women folk.defending the family.
being a man is not taking hormones and having an appendage sown on.its a life experience from birth to death.

I have never (?) been in a "pissing contest", i never liked soccer, when i was a teen i dressed in fancy clothes so people thought i am gay, i don't have a beer belly...and i am not into "manual labor" - guess what, i am STILL a man

So go away with those STUPID, STUPID stereo-types...that's what most of this is.
edit on 31-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Gseven

Fooled because she was born a he? I've not been fooled at all. I'm saying it doesn't matter. The topic wasn't about how well a man can pass as a woman in a physical sense.

Pic on topic. The OP was saying how certain life experience makes one a man. In that case, maybe she's had more experiences in life that the OP would identify as being a man, although she probably cannot easily pee her name in the snow

There are women that can hunt, and fix cars, build stuff, do other manual labour, defend the family, and fight in wars (some countries).

There are men that take forever in front of the mirror, worry about their shoes, or breaking a nail, afraid of spiders, scream when seeing a snake, etc.

It isn't just about the parts we physically have, or life experiences. It's both, and neither.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Who cares, after all is said and done. People are people, in fact I am beginning to think that being "normal" as it's known......Is actually the minority and does not really exist, there seems to be no such thing as normal. And the natural state of most people is "whaaaaaat say that again, your what? or your into what freaky thing?"

I have seen more then a couple of people who I am sure were probably transgender females in daily life, and nobody would of ever questioned or even think that they were ever anything other then what they appeared to be, and even with today's tech, it would be dam hard for lots of people to really know the difference even if they were up close and personal. Though I am not sure about the female to male transgender....Because I will be serious, I just don't look at other dude's and notice stuff about dudes.

And I don't get what name of the thread, is trying to make a point on.

I mean a man and male is saying the same thing, the whole thing is illogical to differentiate from one or another. So whether life experience makes you a man, or just the genetics you were born with makes you a male, at the end of the day..... people are people....And I am to dam old, and seen to much #, to sweat this stuff, so when people say there this or that or into this or that....As long as it does not effect me and is not about me, and is not hurting no one....I see no reason whatsoever to get into there business. It's there life.

And as far as them not finding a partner or mate, well...There seems to be a group and person for everybody...# I am starting to find out the boring normal people have a harder time in that department, then the so called not normal people.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

reply to post by Gseven

Pic on topic. The OP was saying how certain life experience makes one a man. In that case, maybe she's had more experiences in life that the OP would identify as being a man, although she probably cannot easily pee her name in the snow

There are women that can hunt, and fix cars, build stuff, do other manual labour, defend the family, and fight in wars (some countries).

There are men that take forever in front of the mirror, worry about their shoes, or breaking a nail, afraid of spiders, scream when seeing a snake, etc.

It isn't just about the parts we physically have, or life experiences. It's both, and neither.

I disagree, but that's OK. I didn't feel the pic was on topic at all, because the pic eluded solely to visual identification. The OP was about everything BUT the visual i.d. And hobbies are hobbies...it doesn't change one's gender. There is still a subtle and distinct male or female energy that one emits. We can get into the pheromone issue as well, but that's completely different. Like I said, we're talking intangibles here. So whatever experiences the OP decided to use to define what he felt made him a man, is just as valid as anyone else's opinions. I am supporting the deeper notion that he eluded to the intangible and subtle behaviors, thoughts, and energy that come from a lifetime of experiencing the gender in which one was given at birth. I may be off from what he intended to convey, but that is my personal stance on it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Most of the time guys who have to sit around and call themselves "men" the least likely to show it when it counts.. So, Does having a penis make you a man? I would say no..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
OP title is SO misleading!

transgender changes your Gender between man and woman (phenotype)

male sex remains XY and female sex remains XX - its biological (genotype)

unless you happen to be a tetraploid chimera, ie XYXX

or other intersex variant

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

The thread wasn't about how well someone could pull off a sex change. It was about being raised as one particular sex and having to experience the cultural expectations and difficulties associated with having a penis.

Actually the thread was about the OP thinking he was qualified to decide who was and was not a "man". Evolutionsend posted a pic of somebody and said "what am I?" I think that was a fair question to be posed to the "Great Arbiter Of Gender Assignment".

And your other comments on the pic were unnecessary and rude.

I wasn't attempting to be rude. I was simply stating that I don't judge beauty by someone's looks. He/She may indeed be a very "beautiful" person on the inside...I wouldn't know, because I don't know him/her, so I do not find him/her attractive. It wasn't meant as an insult.

If the OP isn't qualified to decide what he feels makes him a man, then who the hell is? You? A woman? A transgendered person?? It's OK for him to have his opinion. It's OK for me to have mine. It's OK for you to have yours. There's no need to argue it into the ground.

He attempted, in my eyes, to define with words how his experiences as a man, both physically and culturally, have shaped him mentally, and emotionally into a man. Forget the examples he gave....they are just examples to give a broad stroke to the larger picture of what he was saying.

Just my opinion though. One in a sea of many.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
How do you know those women who changed don't act in what you consider manly? Which is kinda, eh at best? In defense of people who choose to change their sex, maybe just maybe, it's the inside feeling that counts over beer drinking and farting contests. Sure they may not have went through puberty in the same way body wise but mind wise they were feeling confused and trapped, either way what does it matter?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have a pet theory that our souls (for lack of a better term) often lean towards a particular gender....regardless of what form we are reborn into.

For me, that's what makes some guys act gay and feminine, and some gals gay and butch, etc. Still others may not have a leaning, and be bi. So, for me, I see it as the soul simply trying to make sure their outside matches the inside.

As for the terminology though...for me, until they're completely changed one way or another, they are still in between in my book, neither male nor female. It's just weird calling a woman a guy if they still have a vajayjay, or calling a dude a gal, if they still have a penis. Just make the commitment fully and get it over with already. It's just a bit freaky when not fully one or the other.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join