It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the evils of Wicca Witchcraft!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have to say, IAMIAM, I do disagree with you on some things, but in my mind you are very wise, and very positive. I have read most of your posts.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I think I have been fair all along and can say this has been a very intriguing conversation. Thank you all for your positive input. But there have been some who have posted on this thread who created other threads attacking Christian beliefs, taking the argument out of spite. That is sad and destructive. And it is not tolerant or accepting of other peoples faiths.

I agree, WarminIndy, and I myself am guilty here. I will take your words to heart, they are very wise. I will not post again the crimes committed by Christianity, for I know that our crowd is guilty of atrocities also. Both sides have fought in wars, and killed people, we all have much blood on our hands. I think it is time to bury the hatchet, and wash our hands of the past, and look forward to a bright and wondrous future. We need to stop the Hate. And we need some understanding. Thank you, WarminIndy....you have touched my heart.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There is really no evil in Wicca. The OP of this post was obviously convinced there was by a preacher, to some Christians, anything not Christian/Biblical is automatically evil. Evil lives in the hearts of human beings, not in any religion. Many high crimes are committed by devout Christians, and some even say their God told them to do it. Or their Devil. Wiccans just see Divinity in all things, and a Duality in Divinity, a Male-Female aspect, instead of three males. This concept all began with Osiris, Isis, and Horus, and this was the original idea for Jesus, I believe. Judaism and Christianity are today strictly monotheistic religions, but they didn’t start out as such. In the societies where the stories of the Old Testament emerged there were numerous gods. The Jews and other tribes in the area were originally polytheistic and worshiped several Gods and Spirits. Traces of this is still in the Bible (1 King 8,5 ). One of their God figures was El, (Dagan) And his son Baal (the son of Dagan) was a fertility deity worshiped by the Jews. Over time El and the local tribal Storm Dragon God Yahweh, and the God who was supposedly from the Pleiadies, Jehovah became one God. Of course they are not one, they are two, and quite different.

Is the Biblical Yahweh actually a dragon?
(Read this, and compare it with the Biblical God, it makes perfect sense)

Jehovah: Ancient Astronaut from the Pleiades?

The Bible and the Pleiadies (PDF)

Jesus and Horus

Comparison of the Lives of Horus and Jesus Coincidence

Background material about Jesus and Horus

Many are now turning to Wicca, and one wonders why? Could it be the lies of the Church are being exposed? Could it be the lip service and constant call for money becoming stale? Could it be that Empowered Women are finding the Goddess within?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Right you want to start quoting the Bible then here are a few quotes for you directly from the good book you take word for word.

Matthew 7:1-5 ESV / 145

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Luke 6:37 ESV / 134

“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Romans 14:1-23 ESV / 55

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

Take your pick.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This tread makes me so sad....I have been Wiccan for almost 20 years now, and when I read posts like the OP here I am reminded why I turned away from mainstream religion.

If you really want to turn people to your Christian version of god, then spewing all these inflamatory things is not the answer.....instead try following christs example...show compassion, love, be non judgmental, do good works, be kind....

Over the years I have developed a healthy respect and admiration for Christian principles and practices....it is truly a beautiful religion, but what the OP is doing is only going to turn people away....people do not respond to fear mongering.

I know your religion teaches you to convert as many as possible, and you feel a duty to save us poor heathens....but this is not the right way to do it.......seriously.....

If I were to ever convert it would not be because of someone like the OP.....it would be because of all the good caring Christians I have met. One of the main reasons I refuse to convert IS because of the Christians that scream devil worshiper at me.......they are not helping the cause of their religion.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I WILL BE USING CAPS TO EMPHASIZE

SOMETIMES PEOPLE OF THE FAITH PUSH POTENTIAL FAITHFUL AWAY BECAUSE OF CONDESCENDING JUDGEMENT PLACED BY THOSE WHO CALL THEMSELVES OF THE FAITH
YOU MAY HAVE THE RIGHT INTENTIONS OP, TO EXPOSE THE EVILS OF PAGANISM, BUT, WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE? CHRIST LOVES AND CAME FOR THE SINNERS. JUDGE NOT SO WE MAY NOT BE JUDGED. WE WILL BE JUDGED WITH THE SAME MEASURED WE METE. WE ARE ALL SINNERS, EVEN YOU. GOD IS OUR JUDGE.

OUR JOB, AS A CHRISTIAN, HAS A MISSIONARY PURPOSE AND FOUNDATION... BUT HOW CAN WE PULL PEOPLE TO THE TRUE FAITH BY OUR JUDGEMENTS? WE MUST DO IT BY OUR ACTIONS OF LOVE.

1 CORINTHIANS 13:4-8
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

IT IS IN GOD'S PLAN FOR THEM TO TURN TO HIM OR NOT. WE CAN ONLY LOVE OTHER PEOPLE, AND HAVE FAITH AND HOPE THAT GOD WILL DO WHAT IS RIGHT IN HIS DIVINE JUDGEMENT.

AND I DO KNOW THAT WICCA, IE PAGANISM IS EVIL. IF I MEET A PERSON THAT IS A WICCAN, I KNOW WHAT I KNOW ABOUT THAT "RELIGION", BUT I WON'T JUDGE THAT PERSON AS BEING EVIL. INSTEAD, I WILL BEAR THE TRUTH OF THE LOVE OF CHRIST BY MY ACTIONS, AND HOPEFULLY, THAT PERSON WILL SEE THAT GOD IS GOOD BECAUSE THERE ARE STILL TRULY SEEKING PEOPLE TRUE TO THE FAITH.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

AND I DO KNOW THAT WICCA, IE PAGANISM IS EVIL. IF I MEET A PERSON THAT IS A WICCAN, I KNOW WHAT I KNOW ABOUT THAT "RELIGION", BUT I WON'T JUDGE THAT PERSON AS BEING EVIL. INSTEAD, I WILL BEAR THE TRUTH OF THE LOVE OF CHRIST BY MY ACTIONS, AND HOPEFULLY, THAT PERSON WILL SEE THAT GOD IS GOOD BECAUSE THERE ARE STILL TRULY SEEKING PEOPLE TRUE TO THE FAITH.

And just pray tell HOW you know that Pagans and Wiccans are evil? Was you taught that by your church, or what? I am Wiccan for over 30 years, and have met many Wiccans and Pagans, not one was evil. However, the Christians in here are evil, don't believe me, look at the posts in most ever alien thread. Trying to debunk everything if it is not in the book. Christianity in its many forms put to death over one million women, call that a good thing, do you?
Wicca doesn’t believe in a Devil, or Hell, doesn’t believe in hurting anyone, is all about Nature, and teaches its practitioners to do everything they can to better themselves. I don’t see why Christians have such a problem with this. Is it the spells? Because spells are prayers with props. Is it the symbols? The pentacle is just a star–Christianity uses a star too (remember Christmas?). I just want to know why the hostility and hatred toward such a beautiful, peaceful, loving religion happens? And remember, the Hate is all yours, it does not affect us. We do not hate anyone.

Check these links, and educate yourself about Christianity:

The Inquisition

WHY NOT BURN WITCHES?

Exposing Christianity

Christians are hypocrites

20 Reasons to Abandon Christianity

Lastly, be very aware, when the time comes for your God to judge you Christians, I am sure he will remember all of the crimes in history. You cannot cover them up.
So, if anyone burns in Hell, it will be Christians. After all, it is their invention, after all.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Unfortunately I think people view Wicca and Paganism as evil because the political Catholic Church condemned it in order to grow in power.
(To the Catholics please note my reference to the Catholic Church being of political mind is referring to when the church still gave services in only Latin)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I agree with you here. Not to even mention how long a Goddess was worshiped before the "Holy"(cough cough) church came along.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Wiccan and Pagan rituals and ideologies were combined in the creation of the Roman Catholic Church as Christianity was emerging after the death and resurrection of Christ. The Christians posed as a threat to the Roman Empire, as prevalent in the persecution of early Christians in 64 AD by emperor Nero as he blamed Christians for the colossal fire. however, Christianity did not die out; the passion of the believers increased ten folds.

you ever heard of the saying: if you can't beat them, join them. if you can't join them, its probably because you tried beating them.

well i think this quote was the mindset of the Roman empire as they knew the religious issues in the state caused great problems in foresight for the empire... thus, Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity, which at that time, was plagued by Catholic doctrines with incorporated pagan ideals, i.e. praying "through" and with saints, worship of Mary as a goddess basically, etc.

John 14:6:
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Praying through and with the saints is in direct conflict with this verse, no? if the Catholics had faith in and prayed in His name, Jesus, i don't think its necessary to pray through and with saints for your prayers to be heard by our Father...

although the catholic faith was filled with pagan ideologies, they condemned the pagans! it was to make the Catholic faith the "universal" faith: combination of pagan rituals and Christianity to appeal to the masses and to create their sleeping sheep.

this is also the reason why you get the thought that religion is used to control the masses... technically it does, as revealed by the Roman Empire and the Roman Catholic Church. they used different parts of the bible so that it would fit their ways, but their ways are in direct conflict with the bible!

i never said YOU or anyone that practices Wiccan or Pagan rituals is evil, you are merely twisting my words to fit your ego's needs to never be wrong and to see the Christian faith as wrong. it is evident in my text, which is CAPITALIZED, so there is no room for confusion ;-)

What is evil, is the force behind wicca and other pagan religions. you are not praying to the earth goddess... you are praying and worshiping the great deceiver and accuser...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

Wiccan and Pagan rituals and ideologies were combined in the creation of the Roman Catholic Church as Christianity was emerging after the death and resurrection of Christ. The Christians posed as a threat to the Roman Empire, as prevalent in the persecution of early Christians in 64 AD by emperor Nero as he blamed Christians for the colossal fire. however, Christianity did not die out; the passion of the believers increased ten folds.

you ever heard of the saying: if you can't beat them, join them. if you can't join them, its probably because you tried beating them.

well i think this quote was the mindset of the Roman empire as they knew the religious issues in the state caused great problems in foresight for the empire... thus, Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity, which at that time, was plagued by Catholic doctrines with incorporated pagan ideals, i.e. praying "through" and with saints, worship of Mary as a goddess basically, etc.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Praying through and with the saints is in direct conflict with this verse, no? if the Catholics had faith in and prayed in His name, Jesus, i don't think its necessary to pray through and with saints for your prayers to be heard by our Father...

although the catholic faith was filled with pagan ideologies, they condemned the pagans! it was to make the Catholic faith the "universal" faith: combination of pagan rituals and Christianity to appeal to the masses and to create their sleeping sheep.

this is also the reason why you get the thought that religion is used to control the masses... technically it does, as revealed by the Roman Empire and the Roman Catholic Church. they used different parts of the bible so that it would fit their ways, but their ways are in direct conflict with the bible!

i never said YOU or anyone that practices Wiccan or Pagan rituals is evil, you are merely twisting my words to fit your ego's needs to never be wrong and to see the Christian faith as wrong. it is evident in my text, which is CAPITALIZED, so there is no room for confusion ;-)

What is evil, is the force behind wicca and other pagan religions. you are not praying to the earth goddess... you are praying and worshiping the great deceiver and accuser...

Constantine refused to be Christian. He was baptised on his deathbed against his will when he could not talk or move. Christianities thank you to him for allowing them to practise their religion.

You know nothing about paganism in general and wicca in paricular yet being christian you will not allow yourself to believe this.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonbeam13

Unfortunately I think people view Wicca and Paganism as evil because the political Catholic Church condemned it in order to grow in power.
(To the Catholics please note my reference to the Catholic Church being of political mind is referring to when the church still gave services in only Latin)

That's true. The age old church tactic of if you want to destroy something just demonise it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

www.thenagain.info...

His conversion happened during a war against his brother-in-law and co-emperor, Maxentius. According to the historian Eusebius (see Eusebius Pamphilus ), bishop of Caesarea in Palestine, before the crucial battle of Milvian Bridge, Constantine was convinced that he needed divine assistance. While he was praying for such assistance, God sent him a vision of a cross of light at midday, bearing the inscription "in hoc signo vinces " ("in this sign you will be victorious"). That night he had a dream that reaffirmed his earlier vision. God told him to use the sign he had been given as a safeguard in all of his battles. Thus, Constantine converted to Christianity and ordered the symbol of his Savior's name (the intersection of the Greek letter chi and rho) to represent his army. Constantine was victorious in the battle of the Milvian Bridge, and he continued to wear the symbol for Christ against every hostile power he faced.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Constantine refused to be Christian. He was baptised on his deathbed against his will when he could not talk or move. Christianities thank you to him for allowing them to practise their religion.

You know nothing about paganism in general and wicca in paricular yet being christian you will not allow yourself to believe this.

im a big fan of irony...i find it funny that the judgement you cast on me is a reflection of yourself.

i wrote a really rude comment above ^

kinda hypocritical to my faith... hope you can forgive me
edit on 24-11-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

www.thenagain.info...

His conversion happened during a war against his brother-in-law and co-emperor, Maxentius. According to the historian Eusebius (see Eusebius Pamphilus ), bishop of Caesarea in Palestine, before the crucial battle of Milvian Bridge, Constantine was convinced that he needed divine assistance. While he was praying for such assistance, God sent him a vision of a cross of light at midday, bearing the inscription "in hoc signo vinces " ("in this sign you will be victorious"). That night he had a dream that reaffirmed his earlier vision. God told him to use the sign he had been given as a safeguard in all of his battles. Thus, Constantine converted to Christianity and ordered the symbol of his Savior's name (the intersection of the Greek letter chi and rho) to represent his army. Constantine was victorious in the battle of the Milvian Bridge, and he continued to wear the symbol for Christ against every hostile power he faced.

He allied himself with alot of religions to fight his enemys and bring peace to his empire. He DID NOT convert to christianity. he was converted aginst his will on his deathbead. This is well known in history.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

He allied himself with alot of religions to fight his enemys and bring peace to his empire. He DID NOT convert to christianity. he was converted aginst his will on his deathbead. This is well known in history.

Yes, it is. And so are many other things Christians never learn. Like these:

Is Christianity a Cult?

The Goddess in the Bible

Common lies Christians tell that are ABSOLUTELY FALSE!

Lies by Pro[hets and other Lies in the Hebew Bible (PDF)

Crimes Against Humanity by Christianity

I have a list of all of the Gods in the bible, if interested. Most wish to be called "Lord," which means one who owns slaves.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

thus raises another question: if he fought under the flag of Christianity... why did he fight so hard against being baptized? kinda reminds me of a sheep in wolf's clothing...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is plain ugly...
If you try to convince someone to join your religion, the last thing you should do is to bash their beliefs... oh, wait, that's the traditional way christians do this thing, and they've also done it in the past with the celts and other pagan cults al around the world

Sadly now we're not as naive as they were, so you're not going anywhere with your bashing, just the inverse.

I'm myself a pagan, as i believe in many gods and godesses, i read the tarot, the i-ching and i'm also culprit of at least 3 of the deadly sins (lust, gluttony and sloth) Oh and i'm a chaos magician too.... so, see you in hell!!!!
! I've heard they have cookies!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

The Devil never actually existed.

Biggest trick the Devil pulled was to convince people he doesn't exist!

You're spouting rhetoric. Do you have any original thoughts?

The incoming religion always makes demons out of the exiting religion. And the incoming religion always incorporates some of the old religion so that people will come along on the new ride. The Godess became Mary, the solstice became Christmas. Oestara became Easter. Samhain became Halloween ( ok not religious but still plagiarised)
edit on 25-11-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Yes, it is. And so are many other things Christians never learn. Like these:

Is Christianity a Cult?

The Goddess in the Bible

Common lies Christians tell that are ABSOLUTELY FALSE!

Lies by Pro[hets and other Lies in the Hebew Bible (PDF)

Crimes Against Humanity by Christianity

I have a list of all of the Gods in the bible, if interested. Most wish to be called "Lord," which means one who owns slaves.

That is a ver very very good point.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join