It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the evils of Wicca Witchcraft!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

Exodus 22:18 does not apply to the time of today, it applied to the time of the Egyptians.

Anything else you would like to take out of context?

So you didn't just say that Jesus agrees with this statement from Exodus?

Perhaps you should scroll up...

What do you mean "does he agree with it" ?

The Old Testament Law prescribed the death penalty for an extensive list of crimes, it was the law at the time for the Hebrews.

if Jesus met a witch in his day, do you believe he would command her/him to be destroyed?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

For you Theologians out there, Here is a link to the Aramaic Words.
You can negotiate around without having to purchase,
If you work at it.

Quite Fascinating Really. www.v-a.com...

Best Regards, Dr.Spock

edit on 30-10-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add Link

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Very interesting, I'll be sure to check that out.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

reply to post by Wotan

Oh so paganism was around before the Old testament? I don't think so...

Paganism is not the old religion you say it is, paganism was formed in rebellion to the God of Abraham our true God Yahweh. Moses also exposed the pagan God's as being false when he brought Yahweh's wrath to Egypt...

Well Pagan actually means country people and the term stems from the time when christianity was converting people and those further out still held on to the old way. Pagans in general and Wiccans in particular follow, through ritual as well, meta physics or the belief that we can shape our lives by what we think or or focus on. and that's making it simple. There's 3o,ooo year old cave paintings if animals next to totems and science believes that alot of the paintings were most likey afforts to attract animals to the hunt prior to the hunt because there's paintings on top of painings meaning the the previous pantings no longer meant anything (post hunt). That's law of attraction, meta physics. And tribes still do it today so who's the young one?

notice the guy's nic is wotan... a term for ODIN!?!
~2nd~ It should not be up to us to prove your bible is false, it should be up to you to prove your bible is true.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Greetings fellow ATSers

I'm popping in here to hopefully offer some words of wisdom. You see I too am Christian and I feel this needs to be said. I can hear the groans already; please bear with me. Revelation, first let state that I applaud your faith and conviction and believe your reason for starting this thread are just in your heart, even though it is a bit misguided.

Many have claimed your OP spouts hate and indeed by your own admission it does. Your opening statement is one of condemnation; a form of judgement. Judge not lest ye be judged. You have also claimed you do not hate the Wicca as a people, but hate their practices and belief. Is not their belief and practices, who they are? By default are you not condemning the person as well?

I know this is OT, but I believe it fits here. (There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings health) Proverbs 12:18 Your words are not of the healing type. Healing comes wisdom, love and peace. A stark contrast to what you have started.

(the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.) James 3:17-18

Jesus came with a message of love and while he did condemn, it was within the house of the Lord. Those that knew the law but were arrogant in their wisdom; the Pharisees were quick to judge and condemn. Are you not guilty of this as well? Jesus taught through example and expects the same of us.

While this thread could have been a great learning experience through discussion and debate it instead came with the sting of vipers. Thanks to those more tolerant than you however, I have found it an interesting read. Being steadfast in your beliefs is wonderful, but do let your faith blind you to the wisdom of God.

I will part with this final thought. "The single greatest cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyles. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable." Brennan Manning

edit on 30-10-2011 by Vageryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Akragon

if Jesus met a witch in his day, do you believe he would command her/him to be destroyed?

We have some indication from the behavior of the Apostles in Acts. Simon of Samaria was a practicing magician, and that was fine. Simon was disciplined when he tried to buy a sacramental formula, but wasn't punished for being a magician. On the contrary, he seems to have been welcomed into the church, and in turn, to have seen the Apostles as fellow pros.

Ironically, one of the charges against Jesus was sorcery. So, maybe a guy who made his living as an exorcist, faith healer, supernatural wine maker, and summoner of the dead Moses and the undead Elijah might have opposed vigorous enforcement of the ordinances against witchcraft.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vageryn
Greetings fellow ATSers

I'm popping in here to hopefully offer some words of wisdom. You see I too am Christian and I feel this needs to be said. I can hear the groans already; please bear with me. Revelation, first let state that I applaud your faith and conviction and believe your reason for starting this thread are just in your heart, even though it is a bit misguided.

Many have claimed your OP spouts hate and indeed by your own admission it does. Your opening statement is one of condemnation; a form of judgement. Judge not lest ye be judged. You have also claimed you do not hate the Wicca as a people, but hate their practices and belief. Is not their belief and practices, who they are? By default are you not condemning the person as well?

I know this is OT, but I believe it fits here. (There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings health) Proverbs 12:18 Your words are not of the healing type. Healing comes wisdom, love and peace. A stark contrast to what you have started.

(the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.) James 3:17-18

Jesus came with a message of love and while he did condemn, it was within the house of the Lord. Those that knew the law but were arrogant in their wisdom; the Pharisees were quick to judge and condemn. Are you not guilty of this as well? Jesus taught through example and expects the same of us.

While this thread could have been a great learning experience through discussion and debate it instead came with the sting of vipers. Thanks to those more tolerant than you however, I have found it an interesting read. Being steadfast in your beliefs is wonderful, but do let your faith blind you to the wisdom of God.

I will part with this final thought. "The single greatest cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyles. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable." Brennan Manning

edit on 30-10-2011 by Vageryn because: (no reason given)

At last a Christian who has his/her head screwed on

Not once in the OP first post did he mention love and forgivness, he just spewed hate.
I hope the OP takes notice of what you have said and say's sorry to all the wicca's he has insulted here.
The OP is talking like one of those crazy Phelps people.
Tell me OP is being gay wrong? and whats going to happen to gay people when they die?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

Originally posted by cetaphobic
reply to post by steveknows

Well I am certainly not a white witch. I don't believe in the Law of Threes. I do believe in karma, but that revenge is often an integral part of karma working. I'd just rather not be associated with idiots and people who do no research.

You cant be a "white witch" or a "black witch" as the law of duality states there is no such thing.

This is true.
I have acknowledged and accepted that every human being has both light and dark in them, in doing this I now follow 2 Goddesses that are the true opposites of each other! This reminds me daily that no-one is perfect.

Namasté

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

So basically I am giving you all the chance in the world to prove me wrong, but because my questions are too hard, you're refusing to take that chance? If you could truthfully answer my questions, I would totally consider Christianity again.

I recently have been looking into converting to Trintarian Wicca, a form of neochristianity.

Oh and also, you havent been here long enough (this is my second account [long story dont ask]) to know the christian defense mechanism: scottklarr.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

reply to post by cetaphobic

I am not going to cast pearls before swine, you have made it CLEAR you are not sincere with seeking the truth... And quite frankly if you've read the bible 3 times then you've read it more than me anyway.(I haven't been a christian for that long).

edit on 30-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

THAT EXPLAINS IT!

HES A CONVERT!!!!

*Case solved*

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Exodus 22:18 does not apply to the time of today, it applied to the time of the Egyptians.

Anything else you would like to take out of context?

Well you seem to be taking the whole bible out of context of time period.. you know, quoting rules that were written 2,000 years ago....

Also, of course they wouldn't kill witches than, I mean with a witch (moses) leading them...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

So basically I am giving you all the chance in the world to prove me wrong, but because my questions are too hard, you're refusing to take that chance? If you could truthfully answer my questions, I would totally consider Christianity again.

I recently have been looking into converting to Trintarian Wicca, a form of neochristianity.

Oh and also, you havent been here long enough (this is my second account [long story dont ask]) to know the christian defense mechanism: scottklarr.com...

Lol Brill
I have been asking all the wicca's to send me links so I can start researching it, but I fear Iam finding BS sites so if you would be so kind to send me some links I would be grateful

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Blessed be Revalation,
Please answer these questions = What was the religion you followed before you were converted?
How well have you researched Wicca/ Witchcraft?
Do you know what the Wiccan Reed is?
Do you know the laws of Wicca?
Why do you HATE Wiccans?
Why do you not practice what you preach, namely = LOVE thy neighbours and Let the man who cast stones be without SIN?

Namasté

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhaliWitch
Blessed be Revalation,
Please answer these questions = What was the religion you followed before you were converted?
How well have you researched Wicca/ Witchcraft?
Do you know what the Wiccan Reed is?
Do you know the laws of Wicca?
Why do you HATE Wiccans?
Why do you not practice what you preach, namely = LOVE thy neighbours and Let the man who cast stones be without SIN?

Namasté

I would like to add a question or two to these if I may...
What exactly was it that you found in Christianity that caused you to convert?
What was it about your former religion/beliefs that you found to be lacking or wrong?

Not in any way trying to sway or argue... merely curious.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

So you don't know all the answers, you don't know anything about the Bible, and here you are claiming to know God's will. Perhaps you need more prayer? Perhaps you need another read-through?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

I have actually been on ATS about 10 years, just under a different name. I know exactly how some Christians tend to react. Everything I have said to the OP in this thread has been completely planned to back him into the corner that I did.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

If Jesus really wanted his followers to turn others to his relgion, he would of made you better salesman.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Now, now, love. Don't attack the OP. Attack his false views.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Like I have said in my prior posts. The bible says alot of things.
And you continuously reinforce that fact every time you add more quotes from the bible supporting your position.

And as I have pointed out before some of the things in the bible are outdated.
Such as exodus 35:2.

Can you address this?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Someone brought this up and he said that because they don't know if its a sat or a sunday he just take's one of them off. lol

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join