It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question on faith...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Why do you religious people have such blind faith in your God/Gods at times?

The bible ask for it? Your parents taught you it? You have nothing else to have faith in? You don't even know yourself?

Seriously, I wish to know.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Tea4One because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
Why do you religious people have such blind faith at times?

The bible ask for it? Your parents taught you it? You have nothing else to have faith in? You don't even know yourself?

Seriously, I wish to know.

You have to be more specific. Blind faith at times in what?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
In their deity, or deities.
I'll edit the original post.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Tea4One because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

In there deity, or deities.
I'll edit the original post.

Father waits for said person to have faith in him, to reveal himself to said person. Surely, believers would not stand by and believe fully if they didn't see results. What do you have to lose by trying?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

A good brainwashing / drying will do it every time... especially if you're born into the faith

Pick a church... set the wash to cold blind faith

They'll do the rest...

No worries they'll be sure to set the doctrine to spin cycle

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Arguably there is no results. There is nothing to lose in trying, there however must be a reason to try. I just constantly ask myself the question of 'why do Christians have complete faith in a God they have never seen, felt, heard or even seen a miracle?'

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

There is only one God and we do not have blind faith in him he has left us a guide book to life (The Bible) that lays everything out and makes things clear.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Arguably there is no results. There is nothing to lose in trying, there however must be a reason to try. I just constantly ask myself the question of 'why do Christians have complete faith in a God they have never seen, felt, heard or even seen a miracle?'

You probably won't see results from so called Christians. But the true believers, they experince results on a personal level. I have seen many miracles that would blow your mind. But, how could I prove to you it was from God?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Tea4One

There is only one God and we do not have blind faith in him he has left us a guide book to life (The Bible) that lays everything out and makes things clear.

There is no proof of him creating the bible. Surely as there is no proof you have faith (blind or not) that he instructed life through the bible?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Miracles have been experienced throughout history. The apostles for example that witnessed all of the miracles Jesus performed during his ministry here on earth. Not sure if you read any of the gospels but Jesus performed many miracles some that would blow your mind.
edit on 28-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So the answer to all faith is that you feel something within yourself? And because of this feeling you have faith in God?

So you're saying those who have been brainwashed by an organised religion have faith that is from what they are told.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Your example of miracles happening 'all the time' is from the bible? Which was based 2000 years ago and hasn't got much proof of Jesus even existing let alone doing miracles?

So you do have blind faith?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I can assure, you, my friend, that my faith is NOT blind. I know who I believe in, and what I believe in,(Yeshuah) and I am persuaded that He is able to deliver me from whatever comes my way. For the true believer, there is no such thing as blind faith. I say this because of the things I have experienced in my life, and for the experiences I have seen in other peoples lives. Also, I can assure you that it has not come from "brainwashing" as others may conclude. Its easy to dismiss ones faith when you haven't experienced the same things, but once again, I am not led by blind faith.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.
Voltaire

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

So the answer to all faith is that you feel something within yourself? And because of this feeling you have faith in God?

So you're saying those who have been brainwashed by an organised religion have faith that is from what they are told.

Some have faith just by what they are told, not just in religion either. ATS is a prime example. Feelings, revelations, etc. are all evidence of God to said person.

Example: Hear a small voice say behind you, and you advert a car accident. These small miracles happen everyday. Some may argue its not God, but people of faith know its god. Faith is the evidence of the unseen to said person.
edit on 28-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Even the atheist has faith. The atheist has faith that the world exploded into existence but nobody caused it.

The evidence surrounding the claims of Christianity is simply overwhelming.

Christianity is reasonable and rational, that it is logically consistent, that it fits the evidence, and that it is relevant for modern man.

Blind faith is faith without evidence, which would be superstition. The Bible does not call us to blind faith. The Bible calls us to faith in evidence.

Your pre-suppositions are self-destructive!
edit on 28-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Clearly from what you guys are saying it appears to be blind faith for those who have no faith?
I guess this makes sense. I just wanted to understand why some people do indeed have faith, even if the answer may have been obvious. I try to keep an open-mind with these things.

Thanks a lot people.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Clearly from what you guys are saying it appears to be blind faith for those who have no faith?
I guess this makes sense. I just wanted to understand why some people do indeed have faith, even if the answer may have been obvious. I try to keep an open-mind with these things.

Thanks a lot people.

Open ended reply:

Try it out with a pure intent, it may be rough as he will test you to see if you are serious, but once you are, you will see the results. That's a promise!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

I go by results. I don't ask anything of God but to show me that he is real. And he does. By answering prayer, by guiding me without me knowing that he is. A big part of it is I just pray for guidance and to be on track with what he wants me to be doing and then I find myself in the right place at the right time. Frequently. Also, I was raised a pentecostal preachers kid, but went away from all of it for about 8 years. Just recently I decided to be open to it again. I don't follow blindly, I follow what I feel. And all I want from God is for him to constantly show me he is there.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join