It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BangoSkank19

I was thinking it's a good thing they didn't hit up some survivalists house and get shot at or shot. I know people that i served with that would shoot and ask questions later if you trespassed on there property let alone took there "water,food,etc" without permission. I mean these 2 fine specimens of our society probably got a slap on the wrist and sent packing.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
Hahaha, so this happened in Canada? Pics or it didn't happen, sorry...

Hi Welcome to ATS, I see you are new. We try to contribute more to the topic than "Pics or it didn't happen" because we like to have discussions not copy paste meme.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Yeah, a couple of people taking water without permission definitely deserve to get shot. That would have been a much better resolution to this situation.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wirehead

Did I say they deserved to get shot? Nope sorry maybe try reading? I said I know people who would shoot first and ask questions later if you trespass on there property. There are some people out there who don't care much for who you are and if you are on there property you are considered a threat whether you like it or not. That is not saying it's right. That is stating a fact.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodefroydeBouillon
reply to post by jaynkeel

Im sorry but the reality is cops only show up if they have a) time to waste or (b for a real issue, so plz stop trying to make a story out of nothing
NJever been my experience. I call the cops on their civil line, they still respond, rather too promptly, sometimes.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Glad to know I wasn't the only one. Well I had a feeling I wasn't but nice to hear the same from someone else.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

edit on 29-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
Hahaha, so this happened in Canada? Pics or it didn't happen, sorry...

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Still, I say pics & police report, or it didn't happen.

Pics and IT did happen....

Now all I need is the police report....then I'm sold.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by Sly1one

As sad as it is to say. I agree they have the right to protest and I agree that there are problems with our society and most definitely our government. I even agree that big corporations have there hands in our government so far its hard to distinguish where there hand ends and the rear begins.

However, from my own experience with the local occupy movement in my town those 2 are representative of a good number if not half of the Occupy Movement.

I guess I get lost in all this rhetoric of morals politeness when people such as you know the bigger issues that ACTUALLY effect your life, your families life, and your children's lives and their entire futures...are so far above and beyond someone "stealing" water...yet the focus and the apparent outrage isn't on the corrupt government and unethical relations between big business/government/banks and how its screwing you and your families future...but the rage and focus appears to be on 2 guys taking water and being impolite about doing so...

what....the....hell...

I just don't get how the focus is on something so minuscule and ultimately insignificant...as opposed to the bigger issues that will and actually do severe damage to all the things people like in their lives such as peace, freedom, liberty, independence etc...

If you are going to spend the time and energy to get pissed off...at least focus it towards something worthwhile and significant...a couple dudes stealing faucet water is so below what people should be focused on right now it really bothers me this is even being discussed let alone ranted about with 50+ flags...

And whats with people thinking if these guys getting "away" with stealing a couple gallons of water is somehow going to set a future precedence of mass-faucet-water pillaging...

"we better get em! or everyone on earth with think they can steal my faucet water, that I actually forgot I even had until I saw other people actually using it!!"

meanwhile their are some severe civil-rights violations going on with absolutely no legal repercussions down the street...

For those who are just absolutely stuck on the "principal" of the matter and holding strong with that just to maintain an argument I have to ask...were you this inspired/angered/infuriated when the government announced 2 trillion missing dollars they couldn't account for? Or does that outrage only come out when someone dares threaten your lawn faucet water...

if anyone here want's to solve any of the problems they see in this crazy ass world were living in you need to start getting "real" and you don't start with faucet-water tyrants....the world isn't good enough yet to be dealing with petty crap...EVEN ON PRINCIPALITIES....

so long as people are dead set on getting outraged over the stealing of faucet-water and overlook the possible destruction of your families future with more significant issues....it will be GAME OVER....YOU LOSE...

link   
forget it... removed
edit on 10/29/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

link   
**** KNOCK IT OFF ***

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead

Did I read this right? You installed shutoff valves in your church so that people couldn't get water from the outdoor taps?
1 of 3 possible problems, not all the issue.

Our water bill would jump from under $20 to over $80 dollars a month, randomly. Mind you, we're a small congregation, a handful of families, so it's not like we have money worth wasting all over the place.

So, the choices are:

1. Someone's coming over there, washing a fleet of boats and trucks 2-3 times a year instead of using their own water. This wouldn't be something about meeting someone's needs because I couldn't see us denying aide. If this was water theft, it was obnoxious.

2. We have a water leak that is inconsistent and/or

3. The meter reader is not reading the meter every month, and correcting it a few months out the year, even after we alerted the waterworks that we want our meter read every month, and the fault is on the meter reader.

4. The waterworks for this parish isn't in the habit of checking the meters every month, and are thereby messing with us quite nicely.

The waterworks' valve needed to be replaced, as does most of the plumbing in this old building. So we had our valve replaced, and also installed a valve on our side to turn off the whole thing. We've replaced the downstairs plumbing, and have the top yet to do. We installed the valve for multiple reasons, one of which was the potential theft of about $180 a year, not because someone was in need, but because the sheer volume of water required to cost that much would easily fill up a reservoir on a fire truck--and that's what fire stations and fire hydrants are for.

Btw, we wouldn't have any version of a OWS in our town, ever. Nothing but the fireman's parade ever happens close to where the building is.

Note: for monthly use in a home of 4 people? We had bills that ranged from 40-60, depending on what was done. No way in heck that building was having $80 bills without being caused by something like this list.
edit on 29-10-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by wirehead

Did I say they deserved to get shot? Nope sorry maybe try reading? I said I know people who would shoot first and ask questions later if you trespass on there property. There are some people out there who don't care much for who you are and if you are on there property you are considered a threat whether you like it or not. That is not saying it's right. That is stating a fact.

That's pretty messed up. Those people you know sound like psychopaths. I'd sooner be friends with the water thieves than them.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Thanks for clearing that up! I hope you figure it out... Even if it's a water leak, sounds like enough water that you'd have seen some damage somewhere.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
so 2 guys.....2 guys....ruined your support for the whole movement. 2 guys is all you need to draw a conclusion about the rest of them?
Think o fit more as the straw that broke the Camel's back.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeelI always thought it to be common sense to call the cops any time there is an incident of trespassing and especially when it involves two against one and they have no intention of respecting others property or belongings.
It's common sense to call the cops just to document things like this. If these guys were the types to go further than what happened, or the type to come back to repeat and intensify this behavioural problem, and you never get it documented, when it comes down to having to defend yourself, if there's no documentation that you had problems with these people being aggressive, then you have nothing to point out as a record of harassment. This is what we try to get women to do who have abusive husbands. Why wouldn't we do this for any altercation that is likely to happen again? As long as these guys were going to be in the area, repeatedly, it's worth calling. It's not like you have to tie up 911. They have a civil complaint line.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I am walking up the street and see 2 dirtyish looking guys filling 4 giant water bottles
This costs money and they aren't the ones paying for it.
Who is the one paying for the water? Are we to assume that it is you? Would be nice of you to clarify.

BTW, water isn't that expensive but getting permission is the polite thing to do.

bread isnt really that expensive, so its cool if they come in your house and take some cause they are hungry right?

When Bread falls from the sky for free, then YES it will be.

But as it is now, someone has to bake it.

Silly analogy.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead

Thanks for clearing that up! I hope you figure it out... Even if it's a water leak, sounds like enough water that you'd have seen some damage somewhere.
We've not had a problem since putting in the valve and changing out some downstairs water fixtures...yet. That and I think we got the water company off the backsides, too.

Luckily the building's made of bald cypress. We don't rot easily. And we put in new drainage this last work day.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Originally posted by Meekbot2000

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I am walking up the street and see 2 dirtyish looking guys filling 4 giant water bottles
This costs money and they aren't the ones paying for it.
Who is the one paying for the water? Are we to assume that it is you? Would be nice of you to clarify.

BTW, water isn't that expensive but getting permission is the polite thing to do.

bread isnt really that expensive, so its cool if they come in your house and take some cause they are hungry right?

When Bread falls from the sky for free, then YES it will be.

But as it is now, someone has to bake it.

Silly analogy.
So, right now, in Texas, it's a righteous analogy? There's plenty of areas that don't get enough rainfall for your differentiation to make any sense in this direction.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join