Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
OMG....You mean to tell me they were TAKING water for possibly "2 WEEKS"!!

God I sure do HOPE that you can AFFORD the what......1/32nd's of 1 cent that may cost's.

Please list your address so that we may help you out with this travesty of injustice that you bear alone Sir.

Please relax now...and I hope your dreams are pleasant...

If "somehow" these people that are demonstrating for the 99% do make a DIFFERENCE, I truly hope that we can find a way to NOT include you......

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Wow..all over a little water..and two people..not the whole movement..

Guess you showed us what you are all about..

Casting judgement on a whole movement because of the actions of two of them is rather immature..and griping about a few bottles of water.. seems to be petty in my opinion.
edit on 28-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Fortunately, your opinion doesn't count all that much. You sound a little self entitled as well. That's OK, but you shouldn't be trying to ram it down anybody else's throat.

Those "gentlemen" were lucky to get away with whatever they got. I lives in a highly rural area that has a large amount of respect for the flag, the country, family, Mom, apple pie, veterans and God. Had your punky little rapscallions tried to steal things that weren't theirs, like water... And had they been just a little less strident (Only one eff you), there very well may not have been a need to call the police.

Your attitude and apparent desire to run and rule things must be a city thing. If that were to start out in the country, where people tend to work, play, pray, celebrate, and suffer together... Well, I suspect you just wouldn't have been listened to.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by clockdryve

You're right... It's ok to screw the folks you are supposed to be helping...

Why is it OK to steal? Wouldn't it have been OK to simply ask? I'm a lot more cooperative with communication. I'm sure there's a few others like that as well.

See... The way culture and society is set up here... We all try to get along. When you don't see it that way, and try to instill your own concepts on taking things without asking, and forcing me to do what you want me to do simply to make your life better... You can either end up with a bad case of "buttkicking", jail, or worse.

It is my considered opinion that when you have a way to do things, you have to have a majority of folks behind you, or you lose. Then it's OK to get mad and wish bad things on them... Like being excluded form the 99%. LOL!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by ShedAlert

2 experiences...i was at the occupy movement last week and lasted about ten minutes before I was completely turned off and went home.
I was gonna camp out but didn't want to align myself with these people.

Yep....need to hurry up and get home so you can guard the water shack :-)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sigung86

Those "gentlemen" were lucky to get away with whatever they got. I lives in a highly rural area that has a large amount of respect for the flag, the country, family, Mom, apple pie, veterans and God. Had your punky little rapscallions tried to steal things that weren't theirs, like water... And had they been just a little less strident (Only one eff you), there very well may not have been a need to call the police.

yes..I'm sure your "apple pie God " would look down upon your actions of hurting two thirsty down and out people with pride and clap..

Anyone who can claim they believe in God, but would shoot two people for taking a couple of liters of water when they are thirsty.. really needs to reevaluate.. what their faith is based on..

Did jesus not say.. if someone is in need of a cloak..give them yours?

These people who claim they have such high values and morals because they believe in God.. then would shoot anyone who trespasses on their property, even if it is for a few bottles of water.. are the reason the world is the way it is.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You need to understand that I don't condone stealing.. but considering the circumstances..the protest being on, i can have empathy for a few that would need to fill up a few bottles.

I realize my opinion doesn't matter much.. and considering you believe in God..I'm assuming the only opinion you care about is the one that God has of you..

Your attitude and apparent desire to run and rule things must be a city thing. If that were to start out in the country, where people tend to work, play, pray, celebrate, and suffer together... Well, I suspect you just wouldn't have been listened to.

My apparent desire to run and rule things?? All I am saying is give a fellow human being who just wants a little water from an outside tap, a break.. especially considering the circumstances at the time..

Now I want to run and rule things??

Sounds like you're trying to make me look like something I am not, simply because I chose to have empathy for a few struggling thirsty souls..

I guess I would not be showing I want to run and rule things, if I has taken out my gun, and shot at them instead.. ?

May your god have mercy on your soul.

edit on 29-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Very early on in this thread I commented about the water situation as the OP described. I feel that I have to make some additional commentary on what I have seen and sentiments expressed.

The Occupy Movements as a catalyst for revolution in the US is doomed to fail. The ideas expressed are not what the majority of people want.

More than anything, people want to be left alone and not lorded over by those that express what they say is right by their might. Perfect examples are the general dissatisfaction with the Federal Government, Law Enforcement, Bankers and Corporatists and even Home Owner Associations. Most people wish to do what they want to do with their lives and possessions. That is freedom. Being told that you can't fly a flag or paint your house a color that wasn't approved by the home owners association isn't freedom, it is conformity. Especially when there are other houses using a non-approved color because they were friends with the president and by cronyism were allowed the color.

Everyone that is informed and not apathetic is unhappy about the bailouts given to the banks. It isn't a conservative or liberal only anger. But let us relate the OP with the movement. Currently the police combat the Occupy camps with minimal force. They break up the groups and strike down the campsites, etc. The Protestors will more or less comply and disperse even though they are unhappy with having to do so and harbor that anger the next day to protest louder and more aggressively.

In this situation, a wrong was committed against the OP and they complied but was still angry about it. Was is protestors, probably. Homeless people typically do not gather several containers of water for their fellow homeless as was described. And for those saying it was just water or other nonsense. How would you feel about someone stealing your firewood that you took the time to saw into logs and split? The wood camp from trees and was free right? Nevermind if you did the work or paid someone else to do it right? Trees are free, thus wood is free and your labor is free?

Sadly that last thought is why the movement is destined to fail. Free labor is called slavery. And you will never truly get people to accept the trade of their freedom for slavery.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Whether it be big corporations, rich bankers, protesters or poor homeless people on the streets. Human nature is to find ways to make the most of every situation. There is always going to be someone out there trying to take advantage of others and get something for free.

Depending on the situation and circumstances it's not always stealing or immoral behavior. To deny thirsty people water could be considered just as immoral as the people stealing water in some cases.

Whatever the case may be, it is up to everyone to look out for themselves and protect your personal well being. I'm disgusted by some of the violent responses in this thread.

If a person needs water you don't ask them to beg for it. You should just give them a drink and that's that. They posed no threat and were not trying to cause a hardship on the property owner.

To turn this small situation into a violent confrontation, as some people in this thread have suggested they would do, is wrong. It's people like that who need a taste of their own medicine. What would you do if the situation was reversed? Shame on all of you.

Sounds like a bunch of trigger happy, wannabees who have no compassion for their fellow man. Ready to fight someone over a glass of water, when there's no shortage to go around.

"Am I not conquering my enemy when I make him my friend".......Abraham Lincoln

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I am walking up the street and see 2 dirtyish looking guys...

you lost me at dirtyish

that one word gave away your bias
edit on 10/29/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: better word choice

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Your outside water faucet doesn't have its own internal shut off valve?

Support a local small businessman and have one installed.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

yes..I'm sure your "apple pie God " would look down upon your actions of hurting two thirsty down and out people with pride and clap..

Anyone who can claim they believe in God, but would shoot two people for taking a couple of liters of water when they are thirsty.. really needs to reevaluate.. what their faith is based on..

These people who claim they have such high values and morals because they believe in God.. then would shoot anyone who trespasses on their property, even if it is for a few bottles of water.. are the reason the world is the way it is.

Dude... You vastly misestimate and kind sc**w the pooch about people on a regular basis don't you? I'm just kind of curious about what you know, or perhaps in your reverie, don't know about MY "apple pie God". But that's your issue and not
mine.

Where did I say shoot two people who need a few bottles of water. I'm kind of thinking that perhaps you don't, very often.

True enough, Jesus did say to give freely to the poor. But he didn't tell them to keep taking, of their own free will, without establishing some sort of relationship. Anyway you look at it, after a while that turns out to be welfare... If there's availability of water for me, I will be happy to help you until you happen to get off your diabolical little butt and build a well. There... Feel better now?

And I'm just kind of curious as to when it became more important to yell at me about what I observe and question that than to observe for yourself, and question that?

Go get 'em Tiger, and with any luck we'll be trying to elect you next time around.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Ok I should have used the word hypothetical not what if. Anyways my point once again is that you are arguing for a point in which doesn't exist. It 's not how our current world operates. But you try to pretend like it is and you try to support your argument with it. Thats the point I was trying to get across. Sorry for any confusion.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by orbitbaby

How about the ass hole making you pay for the most abundant resource on earth?

I have never thought of calling the poeple who clean, filter and deliver a required human resource through an absoutly amazing plumbing system ...an "ass hole".

In case you havnt noticed an infrastructure such as water treatment cost mony....

clean and filter? has their been some new technical advance? i thought any one drinking tap water was also drinking the cumulative pharmacological waste pissed by at least 7 people in addition to the fluoride.
here in PR we have traces of Dioxin [agent orange] in the water

from experiments in the FRIKKIN 60's uncle sugar performed in the "protected" rain forest.

keep drinking the tap water

those bitching the most here over a little water
will soon be bitching about "useless breathers" stealing their air
"which they paid for"

the day of 4-motion can't get here fast enough for me.
edit on 29-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You need to understand that I don't condone stealing.. but considering the circumstances..the protest being on, i can have empathy for a few that would need to fill up a few bottles.

I realize my opinion doesn't matter much.. and considering you believe in God..I'm assuming the only opinion you care about is the one that God has of you..

My apparent desire to run and rule things?? All I am saying is give a fellow human being who just wants a little water from an outside tap, a break.. especially considering the circumstances at the time..

Now I want to run and rule things??

Sounds like you're trying to make me look like something I am not, simply because I chose to have empathy for a few struggling thirsty souls..

I guess I would not be showing I want to run and rule things, if I has taken out my gun, and shot at them instead.. ?

May your god have mercy on your soul.

edit on 29-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

My apologies for having been totally wrong about you.

See... it's OK to be wrong without having to say self-righteous things to a person,
and cast unclear aspersions so you can feel better about what you posted.

And may God be just a little bit more adult about folks like you and me just before he decides to take mercy on either of us.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh and i would like to point out that those using the entitlement put-down
seem to feel they are the most entitled

now why is that?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

not to mention shooting people for taking a couple of apples or any other kind of fruit or vegetables and eating it right there, because of hunger.

[as opposed to filling a sack and running off with it, which would be outright thieving]

never mind that their bible permits this as charity to the poor and strangers.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
Oh and i would like to point out that those using the entitlement put-down
seem to feel they are the most entitled

now why is that?

That may not be strictly true. It may also be that, perhaps out of self defense, they/we need to feel a deep seated Freudian urge to remind the others that it is still a truism of sorts. And that off handed dismissal of the truism doesn't mean that it isn't what we use if for.
edit on 29-10-2011 by sigung86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

True enough, Jesus did say to give freely to the poor. But he didn't tell them to keep taking, of their own free will, without establishing some sort of relationship. Anyway you look at it, after a while that turns out to be welfare... If there's availability of water for me, I will be happy to help you until you happen to get off your diabolical little butt and build a well. There... Feel better now? And I'm just kind of curious as to when it became more important to yell at me about what I observe and question that than to observe for yourself, and question that?

Considering the circumstances in this story.. there being a protest happening, and people would need water to drink.. is it really realistic to say these people were taking so much, by filling a few water bottles?

Is that a reason to be rude to them? would Jesus have said.. well.. obviously these two just don't deserve it, because they keep taking and taking?

If anyone is guilty of just taking and taking.. its the wall street cronies that they are protesting.. but yet so many want to make villains of these two..for taking a few bottles of water from an outside tap, to quench their thirst.

Yes..it would have been better if they would have asked.. and when confronted they should have apologized , and asked politely if it would be ok.. but we really don't know the whole truth of how they were approached with the questioning.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

True enough, Jesus did say to give freely to the poor. But he didn't tell them to keep taking, of their own free will, without establishing some sort of relationship. Anyway you look at it, after a while that turns out to be welfare... If there's availability of water for me, I will be happy to help you until you happen to get off your diabolical little butt and build a well. There... Feel better now? And I'm just kind of curious as to when it became more important to yell at me about what I observe and question that than to observe for yourself, and question that?

Considering the circumstances in this story.. there being a protest happening, and people would need water to drink.. is it really realistic to say these people were taking so much, by filling a few water bottles?

Is that a reason to be rude to them? would Jesus have said.. well.. obviously these two just don't deserve it, because they keep taking and taking?

If anyone is guilty of just taking and taking.. its the wall street cronies that they are protesting.. but yet so many want to make villains of these two..for taking a few bottles of water from an outside tap, to quench their thirst.

Yes..it would have been better if they would have asked.. and when confronted they should have apologized , and asked politely if it would be ok.. but we really don't know the whole truth of how they were approached with the questioning.

NO.. In the universe, the law is equal around, I do believe... It's called Karma, among other titles. For right or wrong, my biggest issue is that folks want those of us who have our own water to be so disposed as to simply hand it over to some people (dirtyish or not... LOL) and further those of us with our own water are expected to continue to give our water to them. But... First, for how long are we expected to support these folks who are doing nothing to support themselves... Who are involved in an unclear quest with an unclear directions... And just for grins... If they want to say "Eff you", it becomes our "burden" to take that, smile, and continue to give for as long as they want?

I've not really been against what outcome is wanted. What I am against is the way in which people, who are out there fighting for me as a member of the 99% are so quick to come back, take what is mine for their use, expecting no kind of paybacks or requirements to pay back what they take. Then, because I do not feel like opening up my life, material items I have gained in spending that life, and so on, I am suddenly an inferior person?

Fine... Maybe, and I'm just saying maybe... You have turned me off completely to a movement that is so unclear that even it's defender don't know what to defend, and it's carriers don't know which direction or which way to carry it onward. AND it's members can will me to not be a part of the 99%, just because they didn't like that I would like for you to pay for what you take from me, with money, work, or intention. That's kind of the way it works in our world.

new topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join