It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead
I would never, ever judge anything in reality based on what I read on this site, your experience may differ.
If someone on here and irl was a firend, and what they did in here did not match what they did irl, I'd have a big problem with it, so I will hold people accountable for what they say and do, just as I expect it back.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

What a bunch of self-entitled little jerks!!!! I am NOT part of the 1%...I am just a working class guy like most. This is what went down. I am walking up the street and see 2 dirtyish looking guys filling 4 giant water bottles (about 3 quarters the size of a water cooler bottle) I said "hey guys you can't be doing that...you are trespassing" He tells me to ef off and was extremely arrogant.

Are you really this angry over two "dirtyish" guys stealing WATER from you? If I were to catch someone stealing WATER from me I would tell them to take all the water they need and probably offer them food too.
You actually called the police because someone stole WATER from you? I don't know whether to laugh, cry or just throw my hands up in disgust.
Naturally there will be those drawn to protests for the wrong reasons, and unfortunately those few are the ones who get the most attention. Let's not forget what this is truly about.
I'll tell you what it's NOT about.
It's not about 25 cents worth of stolen WATER.
It's not about personally liking the protestors.
It's not about agreeing with the reason they are protesting.
It's not about whether or not the protestor's have good or bad personal hygeine.
It's not about a protestor's age, race or religion.
It's not about whether a protestor is employed/unemployed - rich/poor.
It's not about whether or not it is convenient for us to "put up" with protestors.

It IS about upholding our Constitutional Rights.
It IS about standing up for our RIGHT to protest peacefully.
It IS about our FREEDOM as Americans and as Humans.

I have not personally been out to the protests, but I support them 100%. I salute every brave soul that has the guts and courage to fight for and defend our rights and freedoms.

edit on 28-10-2011 by Hitsuzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by wirehead

I know in my house my indoor tap water costs me more than outdoor. R/O, tastes great but costs more to produce. Something like 99% pure from contaminates. Lol.

Hahaha, that great taste is all the mind-control chemicals (the ones they couldn't fit in the chemtrails)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
They TOOK your water because you represent the problem at hand. You own/run a business...you make an income...you pay taxes...you SELL stuff. Therefore....they are entitled to take what ya got because you GOT it.

Really sad isnt it?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Well that's a fair standard for personal conduct, but you have to understand that the internet in general and ATS in particular is just overflowing with madness, trolls, actual lunatics, paid disinfo agents, thirteen year olds, etc etc. We absolutely should take everything here with a grain of salt.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
They TOOK your water because you represent the problem at hand. You own/run a business...you make an income...you pay taxes...you SELL stuff. Therefore....they are entitled to take what ya got because you GOT it.

Really sad isnt it?

And here I was, thinking OWS was angry about the elite, the bankers and government that run our society and control our lives, bail themselves out and give themselves huge bonuses while laying of thousands of us little folk.... Turns out, they're all just dangerous lunatics who want to rob everyone who has a job! Thanks for opening my eyes, mysterioustranger.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Maybe you should be angry with the ones who impose the charge for your water.

They are the ones really stealing from you, isn't water really a human right.

Do you call the cops on the corporations who have been stealing your money for the water.

PS. I do agree with you though about the common courtsey of asking you for the water though.

edit on 28-10-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Just adressing something taken without permission from someone who paid for it...when he admitted he would have GIVEN it freely...if asked. They did not. They took it.

You are absolutely right about all the other points. I know. I was a radical protester in the 1960's and 70's.

PS Even 30 some years later...WE PROTESTERS are STILL waiting for a full change from the Elite to happen. It did not. Yet. You will be waitng a long time. I still am.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Well that's a fair standard for personal conduct, but you have to understand that the internet in general and ATS in particular is just overflowing with madness, trolls, actual lunatics, paid disinfo agents, thirteen year olds, etc etc. We absolutely should take everything here with a grain of salt.
Who said I don't get that?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

Do you call the cops on the corporations who have been stealing your money for the water.

PS. I do agree with you though about the common courtsey of asking you for the water though.

Why do people insist on supporting their point by using the what if scenario. Thats not the current situation so it's pointless to keep hearing it over and over again. That would be an ideal world and a great idea I might add. But it's not the here and now, right now unless you rent you pay for water. If you rent the landlord usually pays for it as it is usually the cheapest bill and most locals require them to provide at least one utility included with the rent. I think this may also account for some peoples lack of understanding the feelings of the op, as I feel many have never been a home owner and have had to deal with some of the different issues that come along with it. But just as everything else just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Firstly i call BS, yer ##SNIPPED## is weak my friend....
Secondly im ashamed i live in the same country as you because you are some piece of work.....
There is the simple option of letting them fill their bottles and quietly going downstairs and turning the bloody tap off.
Thus ending the problem, tactfully, without a cross word.as well as taking some direct responsibility for your self.
Calling the cops makes you an angry old janitor probably....
Again i say get a life, or get out of the way pof the living.
edit on Sat Oct 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

This story sounds fake, has nothing to do with my beliefs. It's just the op trying to get stars and flags.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You know what I find amazing? Whenever someone says something not so nice about the Occupy group, it seems like the defending trolls pop out of the wood work to make you, me, or anyone else feel like they did something wrong by disagreeing or having a gripe about them.

It reminds me of how people would come out and start a rumor about someone they didn't like in high school just to make the person look bad and then people started to dislike that person whether it was true or not.

Also reminds me of how when someone comes out about something the government did the government decides to make them look bad by finding something they did when they were 10 to take away there credibility.

Interesting isn't it when you look at the actions of others from a outside perspective.

Honestly if it bothers you that others don't agree with you then you really shouldn't be protesting because I can promise you that just as much as you disagree with the way things are, there are those that disagree with your whole movement. I know it might be a bit disappointing to realize you are not truly representative of "99%" of the population but frankly you aren't.
edit on 10/28/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

I also have noticed that the growing majority of the supporters for OWS and the Occupy movement all joined in the last couple of months. Coincidence?
edit on 10/28/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hahaha, so this happened in Canada? Pics or it didn't happen, sorry...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Spot on. It happened with Anon here, Wikileaks, Obama, tea party, etc..... Guess thats a good thing though, it lets you know that we really are all different in every way. When I start to get disappointed is when people start to support others who think they are above the law and people who refuse to accept to be civilized. In a way it's funny to see everyone in those groups always come out in mass. It is always predictable. To each their own I suppose.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
What a bunch of self-entitled little jerks!!!!
I am NOT part of the 1%...I am just a working class guy like most.

This is what went down.
I am walking up the street and see 2 dirtyish looking guys filling 4 giant water bottles (about 3 quarters the size of a water cooler bottle)
I said "hey guys you can't be doing that...you are trespassing"
He tells me to ef off and was extremely arrogant.

I say "there is alot of support for this movement...if you just would have asked it would have been fine"
The fact they might have been doing this under my nose for the last 2 weeks really pisses me off.

He tells me to "ef off" and tells me to "call the police"
So I did.
The cops showed up and knew who they were right away.
They told me these guys have a sense of self-entitlement and are arrogant.
They were also really nice (this is for all you cop bashers out there)
They called me back and told me it was dealt with and they will not be returning.
I thanked them and told them to have a good day and that I appreciated it.

This costs money and they aren't the ones paying for it.
I support the homeless (I give them money when I can) and up until this point i supported the occupy movement (in a small way)

Now...I just see these people as self-entitled,arrogant little ##snip##.

edit on Fri Oct 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Yeah, unfortunately, on the news i saw lots of damn hippies mixed in with the true occupiers. They were wearing headbands and banging drums, holding up peace signs and dancing like hippie idiots always have. They are an embarrassment to everything America is trying to accomplish right now. I hate hippies so much because Ll they do is leech off of society and now that there is a protest. This is just another reason for them to sit around and complain about having to work for something. They want everything handed to them like dirty, filthy, stinking children. These are not the true protesters, they are lazy, pathetic scum.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

so 2 guys.....2 guys....ruined your support for the whole movement. 2 guys is all you need to draw a conclusion about the rest of them?

I'm not sticking up for what those 2 guys did...it was wrong...but you know what else is wrong? using 2 people to categorize a whole movement of people... that's wrong because its so absolutely misguided and far from the truth you just can't possibly be capable of critical thinking or intelligence...it's not even an arguable stance...

edit to add: personally I think your full of it and posting a very contentious thread to leach stars and flags or attention...anyone with a rational thinking mind wouldn't utilize 2 arseholes to bastardize a whole other group of people, unless of course they had a agenda behind doing so...

edit on 28-10-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

As sad as it is to say. I agree they have the right to protest and I agree that there are problems with our society and most definitely our government. I even agree that big corporations have there hands in our government so far its hard to distinguish where there hand ends and the rear begins.

However, from my own experience with the local occupy movement in my town those 2 are representative of a good number if not half of the Occupy Movement.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
What a bunch of self-entitled little jerks!!!!
I am NOT part of the 1%...I am just a working class guy like most.

This is what went down.
I am walking up the street and see 2 dirtyish looking guys filling 4 giant water bottles (about 3 quarters the size of a water cooler bottle)
I said "hey guys you can't be doing that...you are trespassing"
He tells me to ef off and was extremely arrogant.

I say "there is alot of support for this movement...if you just would have asked it would have been fine"
The fact they might have been doing this under my nose for the last 2 weeks really pisses me off.

The first thing I thought when I read this part of the OP was that they were approached by someone who never claimed to be the owner/property manager.Maybe they thought he was just someone giving them crap for refilling the bottles. Maybe they did knock on a door and never got an answer,and then just instantly got defensive when approached about it.

I have been following this thread all afternoon and think the situation could have been handled better by both parties involved.When you look and what is going on everywhere right now I think the whole thing is petty compared to our real issues....But that's just my .02......Do we need a group hug?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

So it is NOT OK for the water company to steal from OP.(by selling him water...that should be free)

It IS OK for 2 random strangers to steal from OP

You are brilliant, that is totally logical.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join