It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Maslo

Obvious answer is obvious.

Lack of REAL parenting.

Are you transgendered? Do you have a transgendered child?

My guess is that you probably are not and you do not... So why do you feel like you can say it is because of parenting?

This advice is for everyone: Before you hold your perfect example of upbringing and "morals" over the heads of others, I challenge you to try to at least understand or get to know people of the LGBT community, because you'd soon see that it isn't a moral issue and this is not something that can be conditioned into people. LGBT people have been in our history as long as humanity has been around.
edit on 27-10-2011 by smileypants because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
People sure do like to have very strong opinions about topics they know absolutely nothing about, here on the internet.

Hint: everything you need to know about the world is not already magically contained inside your head. Reading books helps a lot!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by smileypants

What about the ALL parents who DO NOT agree
with letting boys into the girl scouts?

Should all there daughters be subjected to this
crap or be forced to pull there child out?

IT IS NOT RIGHT!!
edit on 27-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
When does a Cub Scout become a Boy Scout? When he eats his first Brownie.

Inappropriate and ill-timed joke... that's how I like it lmao

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
And let it be known:

*I am male

*I am 100%, straight. Not even a hint of doubt in my mind. I am also married for ten years and have 4 children.

*I played dress up as a kid, and sometimes put on my mom's dresses or high heels.

*I played Barbie on a regular basis with two of my friends (who were girls) up until about age 11.

*I learned all the hand clapping games and jump rope games in elementary school.

*I, to this day, listen to lovey-dovey songs when in the mood.

The difference between me and this kid?

Parenting.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
This child has every right to do what he/she wants.

Hear, hear!!! Up with anarchy!!!

Why limit it to children? Why not say everyone has every right to do what he/she wants??? Let's just do away with rules, moral conduct, civility, courtesy...anything that would require anything of us we do not want to do.

Ludicrous. Children have parents for a reason...to protect them, nurture them and raise them...when he/she is old enough to understand what being a boy or girl means - emotionally, physically, societally...then let him/her make the decision. But it's also ludicrous to just disregard the criteria of an organization...change the darned name of the organization if you're going to let anyone who just "wants" to join, join. I can't play chess, but I think I'd like to join a chess club...they will, of course, have to allow me to play however I "want" to play, in order to win. I mean, how unfair if they were to actually expect me to play by the rules of the game...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by smileypants

reply to post by Maslo

Lack of REAL parenting.

My guess is that you probably are not and you do not... So why do you feel like you can say it is because of parenting?

Because it is. Whose job is it to teach and nurture the child?

The parent. When it is not done, the child goes astray.

This advice is for everyone: Before you hold your perfect example of upbringing and "morals" over the heads of others, I challenge you to try to at least understand or get to know people of the LGBT community, because you'd soon see that it isn't a moral issue and this is not something that can be conditioned into people. LGBT people have been in our history as long as humanity has been around.

This advice is for everyone: Before you hold your perfect example of upbringing and morals over the heads of others, I challenge you to try to at least understand or get to know people of the cannibal community, because you'd soon see that it isn't a moral issue and this is not something that can be conditioned into people. Cannibalism has been in our history as long as humanity has been around.

Amirite?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
When does a Cub Scout become a Boy Scout? When he eats his first Brownie.

Inappropriate and ill-timed joke... that's how I like it lmao

Indeed. That was perfect. lol

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

What about the parents who DO NOT agree
with letting boys into the girl scouts?

Should all there kid's be subjected to this
crap or be forced to pull there child out?

IT IS NOT RIGHT!!

Realistically, those people would be expected to end their involvement with the scouts. The scouts is a non-profit charitable organization. The cannot and will not refuse to allow the participation of a minority group because another minority (bigots) can't handle diversity. This will work the same way for a corporation. I'm sure when desegregation happened, some people didn't want African-Americans shopping in the same stores, but the stores had an obligation to it's consumers (and the law) and the bigoted shoppers had the right to go elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jansy

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
This child has every right to do what he/she wants.

Hear, hear!!! Up with anarchy!!!

Why limit it to children? Why not say everyone has every right to do what he/she wants??? Let's just do away with rules, moral conduct, civility, courtesy...anything that would require anything of us we do not want to do.

Ludicrous. Children have parents for a reason...to protect them, nurture them and raise them...when he/she is old enough to understand what being a boy or girl means - emotionally, physically, societally...then let him/her make the decision. But it's also ludicrous to just disregard the criteria of an organization...change the darned name of the organization if you're going to let anyone who just "wants" to join, join. I can't play chess, but I think I'd like to join a chess club...they will, of course, have to allow me to play however I "want" to play, in order to win. I mean, how unfair if they were to actually expect me to play by the rules of the game...

Well said. Well said

Star for your perfect and logical response.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Personally I just think the kid is a bit ahead of the curve development wise....and is pulling the old 'Bosom Buddies' trick to get closer to chicks!

Seriously though....Is the kid gay? I think that's impossible to say at his age. You can't really tell one way or the other till you've gone through puberty. There is a difference between transgenderism/transvestiteism and homosexuality. Believe it or not there are completely straight tranvestites like the movie director Ed Wood...or even transgendered men that have even had surgery. In fact there's a married and straight mayor of Silverton Ore that dresses like a woman and has breast implants. (There was a good radio show from NPR about it...really interesting, I've found it before so I know it's online if anyones interested.)

I suppose I would be bothered if the kid in the story was being taught that he was indeed gay....simply because that's not known yet, he hasn't been through puberty. But just letting the kid do what feels natural.....eh, I guess I'm ok with it. If the kid wants to act like a girl, then so be it...I don't see how it's hurting anyone. He'll figure out his own sexuality when he's older. You can't make someone gay or straight...they either are or they aren't. I've never had an erection looking at a man....therefore I'm straight. If you're a guy like me and you do get erections looking at men then you're gay It's as simple as that.(of course you can be Bi too....same logic except it goes both ways for them) Transgenderism is another thing entirely.....I don't know what causes it, but I don't see it as an illness, just a difference.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by OldCorp

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. Just in case I was wrong I just perused a number of abstracts related to the development of gender identity. Each one stated that by three years of age a child already have a strong sense of gender identity.

I can attest to that. I knew by the age of 7 that I was gay. Sexual and gender identity is extremely instinctual. You learn at an early age through socialization what is considered "normal" or "abnormal." You also learn at an early age what you are attracted to and what you are not. People ask me, "When did you know you were gay?" I always ask them back, "When did you know you were straight?" I get the same look everytime, ya know, the one when the light goes off.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Lack of REAL parenting.

Because it is. Whose job is it to teach and nurture the child?

The parent. When it is not done, the child goes astray.

This advice is for everyone: Before you hold your perfect example of upbringing and morals over the heads of others, I challenge you to try to at least understand or get to know people of the cannibal community, because you'd soon see that it isn't a moral issue and this is not something that can be conditioned into people. Cannibalism has been in our history as long as humanity has been around.

Amirite?

Oh no, you are not right. You compare being gay, lesbian, trans or bisexual to cannibalism or the product of bad parenting. That is a very uneducated and blatantly hateful point of view. You could really benefit from some unbiased research and even exposure to LGBT people. I really hope some day you have the opportunity to change your heart and mind about people.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by OldCorp

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. Just in case I was wrong I just perused a number of abstracts related to the development of gender identity. Each one stated that by three years of age a child already have a strong sense of gender identity.

I can attest to that. I knew by the age of 7 that I was gay. Sexual and gender identity is extremely instinctual. You learn at an early age through socialization what is considered "normal" or "abnormal." You also learn at an early age what you are attracted to and what you are not. People ask me, "When did you know you were gay?" I always ask them back, "When did you know you were straight?" I get the same look everytime, ya know, the one when the light goes off.

I love this and I hope our friend Lemon.Fresh reads this.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

And let it be known:

*I am male

*I am 100%, straight. Not even a hint of doubt in my mind. I am also married for ten years and have 4 children.

*I played dress up as a kid, and sometimes put on my mom's dresses or high heels.

*I played Barbie on a regular basis with two of my friends (who were girls) up until about age 11.

*I learned all the hand clapping games and jump rope games in elementary school.

*I, to this day, listen to lovey-dovey songs when in the mood.

The difference between me and this kid?

Parenting.

I think I should call the police because you totally made me throw my head into the keyboard and thrash around in violent spasms... LOL

HOW AND WHY is the only thing I can ask now.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by smileypants

Oh really?

So the LGBT community can stop using the "I was born this way," and "It happens in the animal kingdom" spiel then as well.

Sounds good.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 10/27/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

edit on 27-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
just a query

Who gave permission for a 7 year old to be transgender -ised?

surely he doesnt know what "gay" is at 7......and whether he is one or not.

dodgy social grooming....dodgy

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

How and why to what?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
so i guess we now belive in the concept of gayby's, a gayby is a baby who even as a fetus has a predispostion towards it's own biological reproductive sex. Cool just making sure we are on the same page.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join