It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

. Gays may be able to get married, they may have equal rights under the law, but that will never change the fact that the majority of the American public dislikes it, they only tolerate it because they have been forced to by our activist government.

Oh yes it will... America will follow in romes footsteps.
Gays will have equal rights and will not be hazed.
It happened to blacks (for the most part, were still working out the kinks) and it will happen to us too.

Just you wait....

I'm black and I'm offended you would equate
gay rights TO THE STRUGGLE TORMENT
AND REAL SLAVERY BLACK PEOPLE ENDURED!!

Sick, disgusting and not the same thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77

Originally posted by Cosmic911

This whole thread should be moderated and removed from the website.
This is a typical comment from a pro gay radical who loves things like censorship when the majority of the people disagree. Boys do not belong in the girl scouts PERIOD. You can twist it any way you want to but at the end of the day the majority of the public frowns on these types of things. Gays may be able to get married, they may have equal rights under the law, but that will never change the fact that the majority of the American public dislikes it, they only tolerate it because they have been forced to by our activist government.

Girl Scouts is an activity that is family friendly meaning fathers and brothers are sometimes present at meetings and functions. This is a little memory of mine (and I think it will be welcome given the amount of anecdotes y'all use here); my den mothers son helped me earn most of my badges and the rest of the girls had no problem calling him a fellow scout.
As for your idea that "most Americans" dislike anything LGBT related, you better come up with some hard facts and research before saying that out loud because that is utterly untrue.
edit on 27-10-2011 by smileypants because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Racism != Sexism (although I loathe to label sexual identity confusion as sexism, for the sake of identifying this problem at all I will)

The racism argument simply does not stand. 9 times out of ten you can't tell a straight man from a gay man until they open their mouth.

For obvious reasons, the same does not apply for our individual race.

edit on 27-10-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77

Originally posted by Cosmic911

This whole thread should be moderated and removed from the website.
This is a typical comment from a pro gay radical who loves things like censorship when the majority of the people disagree. Boys do not belong in the girl scouts PERIOD. You can twist it any way you want to but at the end of the day the majority of the public frowns on these types of things. Gays may be able to get married, they may have equal rights under the law, but that will never change the fact that the majority of the American public dislikes it, they only tolerate it because they have been forced to by our activist government.

Discharged? You were most likely 86'd...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
OP i think you have issues!!

Tell the truth, you wanted to be just like this child when you were growing up but were not allowed to because it was not allowed or was frowned upon by people with stone age thoughts. Are you really holding a grudge because you have missed your "time"?

Ortopsy markings .... what a load of BS, the kid is 7 ffs.

Agree however that Girl only clubs should allow ONLY Girls (in the physical and not mental sense) although i think "Disgusting" is perhaps too strong a word.

Dont knock it till you try it! :-)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Gender is a social construct. Sex is biological. In this child's mind they are female. Let's bring up a different example of transgender individuals. There is a certain condition known as androgen insensitivity syndrome. It is a condition that occurs during fetal development and results in cells either partially or completely incapable of producing androgens. Now, with females fetuses this has no effect, but with males something very peculiar happens. It can prevent or impair the masculization of the sex organs as well as stunt the development of secondary sex characteristics during puberty. For all intents and purposes these people are physically female, but genetically they are male. Would you allow them into Girl Scouts?

Just as an interesting aside I thought I would mention that it is hypothesized that there are a number of female models who are in fact males with androgen insensitivity syndrome. This is why they are so tall and lack the classic feminine hourglass shape.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

. Gays may be able to get married, they may have equal rights under the law, but that will never change the fact that the majority of the American public dislikes it, they only tolerate it because they have been forced to by our activist government.

It happened to blacks (for the most part, were still working out the kinks) and it will happen to us too.

Just you wait....

You're African American which means you are a person, just as equal as anyone in the rest of the world including the LGBT community. If you think that LGBT people haven't suffered torment, you don't know anything.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

Originally posted by smileypants

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

Originally posted by smileypants

How exactly would gender confusion be corrected in a young child?
edit on 27-10-2011 by smileypants because: (no reason given)

Is it even correctable? I don't know that it is for sure, it's an unknown issue for all of us. Is it preventable?

Yes, I believe it is. Kids are blank slates. You insert your own ideology and behavioral mannerisms. They are literal sponges, and soak up the world through YOUR eyes.

But back to whether or not it's correctable; if you want your child to be gay, then by all means stand by and allow society to make the decision for you.

The rest of society (that has any common sense or care in the matter) will be paying close attention to their children. Surely if you catch your son playing with dolls, or trying on girls clothing, because he really does not know any better, I'd say there is an opportunity for correction, wouldn't you?

It's idiotic to claim that your child was "born gay" because you weren't paying attention to what they were doing as they grew up. People are totally irresponsible today. Most parents now simply allow to it to continue, because to attempt to stop it would be an admission that they are at fault and missed the opportunity to correct their own kids.

The very height of irresponsibility, and it's sad sad sad that people grow up today with twisted and sad gender confusion, because their parents were too self-absorbed to raise them. Even sadder is the denial of personal responsibility, when their kids are gay / lesbian by the time they hit adulthood.

Anyone who says kids are genetically inclined towards homosexuality / lesbianism, to me, only reflects the extreme irresponsibility issued by their own parents. That's how bad it is now. That's why this problem exists.

Denial that parents are responsible.

Mind you, I have no hatred of gay or lesbian people. They are normal people, and their sexual life is only a small fraction of who they are as people. No one grows up in life with the view that the only thing they have to contribute to society is a sexual agenda.

Please re-read what you just said...
This is completely anecdotal and has NO basis what-so-ever in science or psychology. You are simply rationalizing your own ignorance of this issue rather than considering that you are hugely undereducated on this subject. You are making wild assumptions that will have you feeling very embarrassed in a few years when you learn a bit more. As you said, we are blanks slates but we are born "knowing" many basic things like how to breathe, and sexual identity is just one of these things. Please, just learn. Get to know some of these people and you will come to a much different conclusion.
edit on 27-10-2011 by smileypants because: edit: spelling

Incorrect and ironic. Your entire post was an assumption. Neither am I required to present validation to you of qualification to present common sense. If you are lacking in that area, I suggest you learn. I'm afraid it's not my responsibility to teach you how to be a human being. Blame your parents for that one.

This entire thread is about behavior. Last time I checked, involuntary bodily actions like breathing did not qualify as good or bad behavioral traits.

Example;

My daughter! She does not breathe!

Perhaps she was born that way.

Once again, gender identity is not a BEHAVIORAL TRAIT.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by smileypants

With this boy as an example,

The mother needs to push the child to do more things that are acceptable for his gender and not coddle and encourage his issues, and the father needs to help pull the kid in that direction while not mocking or belittling him.

edit on 10/27/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

Oh really, if only it were that simple... Do you have kids?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Just you wait....

The struggle and torment?

Oh, so my not being able to express myself, getting kicked out of my parents house at 16, and almost killing myself twice does not count as torment? Having to keep my feelings away, and getting hurt everytime I show them?

Struggle? How about the thousands of gays who are teased, beaten, discriminated against, and in some cases murdered? They have no struggle? That is all fake?

Also, you REALLY need to stop using the words sick and disgusting when reffering to homosexuality.
Your lucky we are not IRL because that Is one thing you NEVER say to a LGBT person.

Oh and also, It really is related...

Predjeduce is predjeduce

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

reply to post by darkredfish

It is very disgusting that parents are pushing
there own agenda of media attention seeking
ways by plastering there child all over the news
by making it an issue that THERE CHILD
because he is so special who is a boy
is allowed to be into an all girl group..

By no accounts is it right to force every other
parent who has a daughter in the girl scouts
to be subjected to there male child's behavior.

Why do not the parents of the *trans gender bending* BOY
get over the fact there child IS A BOY and should not be
able to join an all girl group.

The boy is not disgusting the parents are!! The boy is a mere child!
Case closed.
edit on 27-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

First, how do you personally know it is the parents who are making their child believe this? The article clearly states other wise. Second, anyone who opposes the GSA's tolerance policy is free to leave and start their own hate troops.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Westburo Girlscouts?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
First, how do you personally know it is the parents who are making their child believe this? The article clearly states other wise. Second, anyone who opposes the GSA's tolerance policy is free to leave and start their own hate troops.

Scuze my ignorance ........... GSA's?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Just you wait....

I am so sick and tired of gays trying to act like the plight of blacks during the civil rights struggle has anything to do with this gay nonsense. If i was black i would be highly offended by the comparison.

link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

female models who are in fact males with androgen insensitivity syndrome.

Don't know if troll post or not

I think you countered your own point. Personal choice != growth inhibition due to hormonal malfunction.

But thanks for bringing that up, it's a valid reason why those people exist, but is non-relevant to this boy's problem.

link   
Disgusting, the lack of humanity and acceptance in this thread.

As my wife put it, she'd rather have joined the Boy Scouts if they would have let her. They did cooler stuff! Gender or sexuality was was not an issue, having fun was.

Find a cave and not go in it? An' not map it out?

Back to topic:

What the Op succeeded in doing was incite hate and knee jerk responses from the supposedly 'moral majority.'

Unless the parents can be proven by their peers and a judge to have damaged the kid by letting her/his/shym/shyrs, choose their own eventual gender and sexuality, no one has a right to say one damned way or another.

Which then leaves the crux of the issue: being the op's and those that condemned the parents, own prejudiced and inhumane response.

So in the parlance of those that read and believe the book as a moral compass, how exactly is this loving thy neighbor?

As to the OP, who appointed you judge and jury? To those indignant and full of loathing and hate, who gave you authority to determine how this kid should live out their life?

Answer: No one that mattered, even if you appointed yourself.

Find something else to hate on.

M.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Life is to short to let bigots and the ignorant silence the voices of all who are different. It was not that long ago that it was normal for all boys to dress like girls when they were young. Lets expand our horizons a bit shall we.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Westburo Girlscouts?

Hahaha Exactly!

Seriously... some people here completely disregard the fact that it is GSA's policy to allow LGBT children and no amount of squawking from the parents will change that. And seriously, kids don't care. If it hadn't been for the bigoted troop leader, that kid would have been in the troop no problem. If anyone truly believes that parents can make their kids be gay or trans, how come they don't care about the hateful opinions they're passing on? Kids are not prejudiced.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Not that long ago???? have i missed something in my slumber?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
Disgusting, the lack of humanity and acceptance in this thread.

As my wife put it, she'd rather have joined the Boy Scouts if they would have let her. They did cooler stuff! Gender or sexuality was was not an issue, having fun was.

I suppose it would have been too hard or too much trouble for her to either make her Girl Scouts more fun, or find a more fun organization?

Perhaps the name of the organization was not made clear to her or you?

Why does everyone think they have the right to impose their ideology onto others, most often groups of others and their families?

When your kids turn out gay, just remember to take responsibility for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join