Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Once again, I am not disputing that biologically it is a boy, with male parts. But mentally it seems to be a girl. You know what being transgender means, do you?

And Girl scouts apparently consider mental gender to be important for their admissions, not biological one.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to

Once again, I am not disputing that biologically it is a boy, with male parts. But mentally it seems to be a girl. You know what being transgender means, do you?

And Girl scouts apparently consider mental gender to be important for their admissions, not biological one.

Mentally this child is BEING ABUSED by the
parents who are brainwashing this kid into
a media spectacle

Besides the point GIRL SCOUTS SHOULD NOT
be allowing MALES into the girl scouts!!
edit on 27-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's certainly controversial but calling it DISGUSTING is pretty nasty.

God dam this site is being overrun by ignorance

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Noey777

Further this child should not be allowed into this organization for the simple fact the other children who by the way have rights may not have been subjected to this type of lifestyle.

But nobody is going to force other kids to be transgender, so what exactly is your point?

My point was explained evidently your comprehension level is blinded by the subject matter.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noey777
He or she is a child, and needs a lot more understanding and support. I have no problem with this.

I am willing to bet dimes to dollars their is no father figure in the kids life and mom is a lesbian.

This is not ok..You are assuming without knowing. Even if she is, what the hell business is it of yours?

I certainly believe that some children are born gay but I also truly believe that society in general and specifically the parents play a major role factor.

Yeah, really? We already had a person on here who said it is not ok for their son to play with Barbie dolls. If if makes the child happy, then, so what?

Further this child should not be allowed into this organization for the simple fact the other children who by the way have rights may not have been subjected to this type of lifestyle. These people are minority and force their lifestyles down everyones throat and try to play it off as normal.

More judgemental observation by a person who has nothing to do with this household. Let me ask since you are a member of ATS, is it ok to let others judge you for your parenting skills, especially if they hurt nobody?

I am more frightened of parents who insist a male child learn how to handle a gun, rather than participate in play, as children do, to their own play time.

Forcing a child to be something they are not, in my view, is abuse.
edit on 27-10-2011 by supine because: quote

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What I always find intriguing is how those who adamantly defend the right to be "different" and preach (again adamantly) acceptance for anything outside the "norm," can immediately turn around and be so un-accepting of someone's opinion simply because it differs from theirs.

There are still people on this planet who believe in old-fashioned values. Simply because they are "old fashioned" doesn't mean these people don't have a right to them and shouldn't be allowed to express them. Vitriol (on either side of the debate) is what is most repugnant and offensive.

I really feel sorry for this little boy...and he IS a little BOY, whatever his "psychological gender bent" might be at the moment. I don't know what causes these problems - whether they're genetic, environmental, physiological or what...but despite the outraged cries to be accepting, the reality of the situation is this person is going to be conflicted and will have to wrestle with the situation for the rest of his life (unless he decides on surgery, then it will be for the rest of her life). I'm not saying he shouldn't have support...or even sympathy.

But whatever the reason, the situation, the complication...it doesn't change the fact that HE wants to join an all GIRLS organization. I think the solution is clear, do away with anything that smacks of gender...or for that matter, any organization/company/entity that has any kind of criteria at all...because it's an 18-carat, gold-plated certainty that someone somewhere will not meet the criteria...and will force the issue.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

NO the girl scouts are apparently considering concerns over the LAWSUITS
that can come out of this.

ALL those cookies them girls worked to sell down the drain
over one set of mentally disturbed parents pushing
political correctness to a whole new level!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Oh THAT is a brilliant policy.

So what happens a few years from now when little Bobby goes on an overnight camping trip and is in a tent with a bunkmate when all of a sudden his natural instinct - a heterosexual instinct - awakens?

ETA: I'm out. I have some taping to do for the new show. The rabbit hole is deep in Libya my friends.
edit on 10/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

So what happens a few years from now when little Bobby goes on an overnight camping trip and is in a tent with a bunkmate when all of a sudden his natural instinct - a heterosexual instinct

That is not fair. With all due respect, it happens......and in this case maybe it won't.

With that said, the solution is easy.. He gets his own tent!
edit on 27-10-2011 by supine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Slippery slope if they are considering mental gender. (Devil's advocate) My meaning is someone could consider themselves a 10 year old girl- if they mentally think they are a 10 year old girl then legally they would be allowed in the girl scouts? This could come into play with some mental handicapped individuals- if they believe, they act or have the mental age of a 10 year old girl, this ruling would make them eligible to be in the girl scouts- correct?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Personally I believe the parents should be encouraging the child to be a boy, and act like a boy. There may be other underlying psychological reasons why the boy thinks he is a girl.

If the boy still has gender issues when he starts hitting maturity, then, and only then, should he start being treated like a girl.

This is a good example of bad parenting.

By the way, I believe gender reassignment surgery is a good thing if it helps people who think they are trapped in the wrong sex body, I just don't believe a child this age can fully comprehend the situation.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

This is sad and disturbing because he is simply too young to know for sure if he wants to become a woman. Also I've noticed this trend of letting the boy child become a female is this a way of avoiding the stigma that some openly gay males get? Do the parents think it would be easier if their child just blend in to society as a woman rather than being a flamboyant gay male?

This is not disgusting it is tragic. This seems to be happening quite a bit in America but could be happening elsewhere as well. I wonder if more community classes on parenting should be offered. Perhaps make the course available to first time mothers and maybe throw in a couple of incentives(diaper/formula vouchers) to attend. There are ways to stop and or prevent certain behaviors from happening. Its not ever the child's fault as children can be curious but you should monitor what the child sees on TV and the internet.
edit on 27-10-2011 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

So what happens a few years from now when little Bobby goes on an overnight camping trip and is in a tent with a bunkmate when all of a sudden his natural instinct - a heterosexual instinct - awakens?

Id say if Bobby turns out to not be transgender in the future, then he may be removed from girl scouts.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Internet Explorer
It's certainly controversial but calling it DISGUSTING is pretty nasty.

God dam this site is being overrun by ignorance

Reading quotes like yours and the many others who are saying similar things in this thread gives me hope for humanity. There was a time, not so long ago, that there would have been more people in agreement with the OP.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

There's your problem. You're relying on Erickson. For one Erickson, while separate from Freud, was a psychoanalyst and was more focused on sexuality, not gender identity. Another problem is that the term gender wasn't even in use when most of Erickson's work was published. Sexuality and gender are two very different constructs. We need to look to Piaget and Kohlberg for gender identity. They both found that gender is developed in most by the age of three and that after this time it is very hard to change the gender that one identifies as.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

What I find disgusting are the parents of this child.

Children this young don't make these kind of decisions. According to Erikson, sexual identity isn't determined until adolescence, and all other models of Developmental Psychology agree (except for Freud, but he had his own issues when it came to sex) that the last thing a child this age is thinking about is his or her sexuality.

This boy's parent obviously have some agenda, and I think they should be investigated for child abuse.
edit on 10/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

That is where I believe this is stemming from the parents!

This is not an adult making the decision to be transgender.
This is a child that is having that decision made FOR him.

True. I was watching the CNN video again when I noticed something strange about the Barbie dolls he was playing with. One had a black Magic Marker line running from the base of the neck, between the breasts, and stopping just above the pubic region - exactly where the incision for an autopsy would be made.

This kid is going to end up a serial killer, you watch and see.

You evaluate the child as serial killer by a pen mark on a Barbie doll?

Do you have any sense of the irony in that comment considering your photo with a weapon?
Add that photo to the one of the author of this thread and you two look like you could go on your own Freddy and Jason rampage.

Seriously... you guys have not thought past your own brainwashed, dark ages upbringing. You two are the abusers.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Gender and sex are two different things. Sex is dependent on the person's reproductive organs. Gender on the other hand is what a person identifies as.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Id say if Bobby turns out to not be transgender in the future, then he may be removed from girl scouts.

A male should not be in an all female group in the first place..

It then is not an all female group now is it?

The eroding away of what is right and what is wrong is what is taking
this country down the tubes.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
The eroding away of what is right and what is wrong is what is taking
this country down the tubes.

Don't you mean what YOU think is right and wrong?

I'm sure some civil war generals from the South said the same thing back in the 1800s.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Why is this destroying the world? The child's mental physiology tells them that they are female. Should we force them into situations they are not comfortable with simply because there are adults cannot handle the fact that a person can have the mind of a female in the body of a male? They have their gender identity. It's most likely going to stay that way. Why should we subject them to years of unhappiness because they're different?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join