It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Support A Violent Revolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One has only to look at our current political state to realize we are, by definition, a terrorist nation. TPTB themselves have defined what a terrorist is:

The Department of Defense Dictionary of Military Terms defines terrorism as: The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.

Let's see, how many countries have we either invaded or assisted in invading via NATO or the UN to intimidate governments into accepting our political ideologies? Recent one was Libya. So our government, by definition, has admitted to being a terrorist nation. Why are we not holding them to the same standards they seem to want to hold other nations to?

Things that make you go hmmm.....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Who benefits the most from you attacking the "One Percent?" Who benefits from a violent revolution where the populace is not aligned and has been polarized?

Who benefits from that?

Not you. Not I. Not the 1%. Not the government.

But the 0.01% benefit from it. They Occupy you. They Occupy the government. They are situated to benefit from the market crash, the power vacuum, and they still get to sit ontop of what ever you set up because you use up all your resources doing it.

Who benefits the most from a violent revolution? Who benefits the most from depressing the market?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Yeah, I know what I would have to do regardless and what the oath means.
But, that still does not make it any easier to cross that line.
In the back of my mind, I cannot help but to think that some officers are simply not "awake" and are blindly following orders. I would hate to start having to fight with officers that are simply naive and has not yet woke up to the facts.

But then again, there does come a point where if they have not woke up yet, they never will.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Not going to reply to anyone in particular, because it is towards multiple people.

The best sold lie of democracy is that of the secret ballot.

You do have a vote, but does it really count? Think about that for a second. You have no way of knowing at all, if your vote actually counts. The "secret" ballot, is just that, a secret, from everyone, even you.

In the US you have somewhere around 200 million people voting. The more people you have, the easier it is to hide any foul play. They can put anyone in power that they want, and no one would ever know the difference. Here is just how easy it is:
You put together a group of candidates, have them debate about whatever "hot button" topics seem to in the news.
People vote via secret ballot for the candidate they like best.
Throw away votes
Make up numbers to support your choice, the rest come in behind them. No one will argue, because of the secret ballot, someone must have voted for them right?
Rinse and repeat for other party
Have two "elected" candidates facing off for the ulitmate prize.
More debates but each person comes at the topic from their own ideological side
Everyone votes
Again, ignore votes, put in your choice, no one is the wiser because everyone thinks their vote actually counts.
President now runs country exactly the same as the last guy, because that is what he is supposed to do.
Watch people on losing side bitch about the new guy (even though there is no real change in anything)
Repeat every 4 years.

I have the firm belief that elections are a kangaroo court if you will, they are a side show spectacle put on by those in charge to make believe that they actually have a say in how things are run. The outcome is already determined before the opening act begins.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

By propping up our own and it starts at the smallest, local levels. We also now have the power of social media, as long as we mix it with a healthy dose of common sense we may get somewhere. We can be smarter about who we elect. Even something as huge as Congress, we can talk with eachother about candidates running in our own districts and compare them candidates running in others, nationwide...so that we can look at the big picture as well and now how our individual representatives will work together as a body.

There are lots of things we can do, we are a smart people...we just forgot for a minute or two.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.
Sir Winston Churchill
British politician (1874 - 1965)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I couldn't have said it better myself. I have been warning some of the people down at Occupy Philly to be very careful. Sooner or later somethings going to give. I know a lot of people won't want to revolt and be engulfed by war. I've seen war, I was in the army for 5 years and let me tell you it's not easy. It's going to suck hardcore.

Just remember one thing. Always be vigilant and never give in. If you have to take a life in order for things to change for the better or just plain survive. Do it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I will admit that after having seen how the police went all Riotsquad in Oakland and shot a veteran in the face with a rubber bullet that I am beginning to see the violence of which you speak. I also am not a young man anymore and not in any shape to offer anyone physical resistance of any kind, I do think its becoming quite clear that the violence of the state against peaceful protestors is quite atrocious and uncalled for. Of course, they had to exclude all press from the area before they started their actions.

I am still convinced, in my heart at least, that larger numbers will be much more effective than any form of violence. I have no idea what the population of a large city is in the US (hell, I don't even know where Oakland is, the US is too big for me to attempt to use my bad geography and memory skills on it) but I would guess that if the quarter of a city's population were to occupy the streets it would be logistically impossible for TPTB to do much except...send in the drones or bombers.

It would be nice to see some police restraint, but seeing as how many of them appear to be nothing but large bodied, jack-booted, over-zealous thugs who just want to get the job done as quickly as possible I am probably better off hoping to see a Unicorn, or an alien spacecraft.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
How is ANY protest going to work? People forget....we're dealing with a SYSTEM! Even IF "the people" were to revolt.....who are the "bad guys"? This is the BIGGEST problem i have, with protesting: We'd be fighting each other, but the SYSTEM would still remain the same!

Instead of "protesting", why don't people start BOYCOTTING? That's what you want, a BOYCOTT. In other words, STOP USING THEIR SERVICES, that helps FUND their AGENDA. Stop using the banking system, stop using credit cards, stop borrowing. This is HOW they've gotten their wealth! You could also cancel your subscription to Direct TV, turn off the cell phone; walk, ride a bike, or take public transportation; stop shopping at Walmart; and, as hard as this may be.......QUIT YOUR JOB...and become self employed!

What you want to have happen is for the SYSTEM to die, not your fellow Americans, even IF they're dressed in their uniform. They got the same drama we have, they just get paid to defend it! Wisdom brings success!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Why do you think that men and women who make money the same way you do are the enemy?

Who tells you that? Who tells you that guys who makes 50,000 a year are the ones in control?

Hmmm?

Who benefits from that?

Are you all starting to feel uneasy? That the rhetoric you've swallowed might actually mean that someone is playing YOU.

You've been Occupied.
edit on 2011/10/26 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

The root of the problem is that our government has been taking bribes...I mean lobbyists contributions for so many years, we don't even bat an eye. Until we stand up and tell them "NO MORE!" it will continue. We must be the ones who make the demands, and never back down. End the fed, outlaw lobbying, outlaw corporate contributions to election campaigns, outlaw political parties. We elect these people to represent US, not some autonomous corporation or financially affluent person. They are supposed to vote what the majority want them to. We must outlaw the IRS.

Finally, we must change how we offer public assistance. instead of billion $$ jobs packages, lets put these people on assistance to work. They are getting paid already. Why was it ok for my grandparents to work for assistance, but these whiney butts today seem to think they are entitled to free money?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
At root, the problem really isn't the structure of our government or the many bribes that grease the pockets of politicians of both parties. That's a symptom of an apathetic public.

I think the blame should be placed on our education system. Between having many parents who aren't properly invested in their children's lives, a curriculum that teaches disconnected series of facts rather than how to critically think, and a general cultural disregard for the value of learning, we've become a dumbed down country.

When over half the people don't even vote in most elections, how can you really blame democracy? Sure, the system is rigged, but it's rigged not just because of who is selected for office, but because voters have been so thoroughly trained not to care and not to understand that they are incapable of making a decision.

As for violent revolution, it's the only way this will change in under thirty years. But sadly, odds are very good it would only make things worse.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Why do you think that men and women who make money the same way you do are the enemy?

Who tells you that? Who tells you that guys who makes 50,000 a year are the ones in control?

Hmmm?

Who benefits from that?

Are you all starting to feel uneasy? That the rhetoric you've swallowed might actually mean that someone is playing YOU.

You've been Occupied.

I'm sorry but no, it is you that has swallowed rhetoric. Occupy isn't about hating the rich, it isn't about hating capitalism etc...it is about the corruption.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just like the Tea Party is just about over-involvement of the Fed, and the problems of the Federal Reserve.

Sides of a coin.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
All one needs to do to fully understand our current society and the experiments placed on us, is to watch some of the reality shows. There is a common theme that eventually shows itself. People are pitted against each other, and taught how to lie and deceive to get ahead. They call it a game. It teaches us how to manipulate each other for our interests. Our children are being indoctrinated into this society and there are a lot of parents who are blind to this. The next generation of kids will be even more manipulative than the current.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassandranova

I think the blame should be placed on our education system. Between having many parents who aren't properly invested in their children's lives, a curriculum that teaches disconnected series of facts rather than how to critically think, and a general cultural disregard for the value of learning, we've become a dumbed down country.

I agree with you to a point. The education system does play a role in what is going on. But only to the extent that the schools are not empowering our young people with the knowledge of how this country was created and what the context was in doing so. The schools are not teaching that people can, and that it is their duty to stand up and against government shortcomings. The schools teach that it is better to just go along with the program and not to make waves.

The education system has nothing to do with how the banks and corporate greed mongers purchase their power and exert it upon the citizens and bypassing the Constitution, as tptb even know that the Constitution protects us against the government, not each other or corporate entities. The education simply fails with respect to not teaching the kids that they do not have to put up with this crap.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well alot of resident who are tired of hearing drums and horns and music at insane times of the night. Along with the repulsive smell..

Alot of people who have succeeded in life and payed there bills on time, still have a house/condo are tired of seeing tents basically close to their backyard, and having to keep there children inside because the smell is so bad, and to keep these thugs from coming anywhere near there children.

Many don't like the logic that these thugs have of knocking on doors for "support". I and a few of my neighbors have already gone to our doors with our guns in hand to send a strong message to stay off our property. We already made it clear we don't care if these people want to exploit there children and use them to bang on doors for support
we will use our 2nd amendment right if the come near our property.

They want to come marching down our street bitching because they failed at life, good for them. Just stay off our property and there will be no blood that so many of you thugs want. If you come on our property it will a whole different story. If these kids are running away from pepper pray and tear gas, LOL imagine bullets.

I guess my point being if it would get these Dumbasses off the street, maybe it should get violent. Not just with authorities but with the fellow citizens who have succeeded and who are tired of the BS from these thugs...
People are tired of hearing of rapings, pleasure parties inside of these tents. The defecating in public.

Though mother nature is doing her part with the early cold weather seems to be sending these people home.
My Tax Dollars your Tax dollars will pay for the clean up, and for the welfare.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Yeah yeah yeah,

Whatever man.

All I hear is nimby nimby nimby
edit on 26-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

The Drama.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U

Instead of "protesting", why don't people start BOYCOTTING? That's what you want, a BOYCOTT. In other words, STOP USING THEIR SERVICES, that helps FUND their AGENDA. Stop using the banking system, stop using credit cards, stop borrowing. This is HOW they've gotten their wealth! You could also cancel your subscription to Direct TV, turn off the cell phone; walk, ride a bike, or take public transportation; stop shopping at Walmart; and, as hard as this may be.......QUIT YOUR JOB...and become self employed!

What you want to have happen is for the SYSTEM to die, not your fellow Americans, even IF they're dressed in their uniform. They got the same drama we have, they just get paid to defend it! Wisdom brings success!

Thank you nuttun4U!! Exactly!!

In fact, we wouldn't even have to "quit" our jobs -- just EVERYONE STOP using the system for ONE DAY. And that would be the day AFTER you pull ALL of your money out of the banks.

Day One: A bank run. Dump all stocks.

Day Two: Stay home. Read. Enjoy your family. If you have no home, go to the nearest QuikTrip or hotel or fire station or hospital...any of the "safe places" that are posted with those fuzzy yellow huggy signs that say "Safe Place". IF you have a job, CALL IN SICK. Do NOT go shopping, ANYWHERE. Don't buy gas. Don't stop for a Slushie.

Can you guys and gals imagine what it would be like? GHOST NATION. No one anywhere. No business anywhere.

THAT would send more of a message, to my thinking. Lord knows, this protest thing is certainly job security for LEOs; it's feeding the ammo suppliers, the uniform suppliers, etc etc. The only to way to stop dancing is to SIT DOWN.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join