It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry - Is It Really A Big Deal ??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeonHelmet
You attack him, like you attack every one else that don�t share the same views,

Never once did I attack Muppet. I don't know the first thing about the person. i attacked his statements and his assertions. That's called "argument." I'm sure you've heard of it, NeonHelmet.

I'm glad you don't hate all Masons anymore, NH. I'm sorry that you still have the opinion that I'm some kind of horrible, rage-filled beast, giving a bad name to the Masons on this board (as you've said previously). I guess I'll just have to cope with your low opinion of me.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, that takes a load off my mind, that the Muppet has no hard feelings for my pointing out the error of his post...

Sheesh, as for a straw man argument, you should look up the meaning before you use it... a straw man argument is an argument set up to be knocked down... what you referred to as straw man arguments were similies of logic, ie, you wrote, or implied, that it was a good thing that the UK passed laws to require Masons to declare their affiliation. I used a metaphoric argument, using similar circumstances...

Would you have Catholics, Jews, Muslims et al declare their affiliation as well?

You ignored the similar circumstances and tossed in a non sequiteur about straw men... interesting.

I also note that you attack me for pointing out the errors of the materials you presented, without doing anything to address the substance of my reply... THIS is what many find particularly annoying... you posted or simply repeated many of the slanderous lies about masonry, and, when I called you on them, throw up your hands figuratively, and say, See, the nasty masons are picking on me

I am sorry if I offend you by pointing out that what you have posted is wrong...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
"I cant take a s.h.i.t. with out filling out a form and have 10 cops beat down my door, I am being harassed by the police, now this has nothing to do with masons, but my point is I cant do anything secret with out being questioned."

I hate filling out forms, too . . . . but dude, what are you doing that you've got the Feds on you ? Maybe you're involved in some clandestine Masonic activity . . hehe

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
*LOL* yea I have the feds on me because I choose what drugs I fill my body with, and that I don�t acknowledge their authority that tends to p.i.s.s. them off.
I have been harassed by the police since I was 13 years old, now that have never stopped the army from wanting me, so how can I be a criminal but be good enough to send in combat and fight for human rights and a new world order.?

[edit on 1-9-2004 by NeonHelmet]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah, better declare it publically so that your opponents can use it to determine if they are going to let you work...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
I stand by what I said -- I think your post was poorly worded, but I can't blame you if you did it entirely in innocence, and there are no hard feelings on my part (again, if you wrote what you did in innocence).

That's alright Alex. I assure you it was not any form off attack. My words really were to be taken at face value, nothing more.

As LTD says, these sorts of misunderstandings would probably never occur if we were meeting face to face!

cheers!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Never once did I attack Muppet. I don't know the first thing about the person. i attacked his statements and his assertions. That's called "argument." I'm sure you've heard of it, NeonHelmet.

I'm glad you don't hate all Masons anymore, NH. I'm sorry that you still have the opinion that I'm some kind of horrible, rage-filled beast, giving a bad name to the Masons on this board (as you've said previously). I guess I'll just have to cope with your low opinion of me.

You got me all wrong and I blame myself, AK I don�t see you as a hate monger or an anger filled beast, but I sense in some of your post including the last one I referred to as a little angry. And no you didn�t attack Muppet in person you attacked his statement. And I have high regards for you AK that�s why I try to offer my opinion to you, really I have grown to like you I LIKE YOU AK.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yeah, better declare it publically so that your opponents can use it to determine if they are going to let you work...

What do you mean?
Is it meant for me?
Do you think my employer doesn�t know what I have done, I have a very personal relationship with my chief and I talk with him about every thing?
Also the offences I have committed are minor according to our law but they continue to harass me and my family.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

And no you didn�t attack Muppet in person you attacked his statement. And I have high regards for you AK that�s why I try to offer my opinion to you, really I have grown to like you I LIKE YOU AK.

Well, alright. Thank you. That's a very nice thing to say.

You have to understand that being a Freemason means coping with constant hatred. Not just on the internet, but in everyday life. You have to understand that I did a practicum at a Catholic School (which I enjoyed tremendously), where I had to be afraid, and hide what I was, since many Catholics are taught that Freemasons are evil.

All I want is the freedom to be a Mason, to be proud of it, and not have to worry about hatred if I reveal that to people; and the same freedom for every other Mason. That's probably never going to happen. But my morals will not excuse me from trying my best to fight ignorance and hatred about Masonry when necessary (but of course trying to avoid fighting when possible).

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

What do you mean?
Is it meant for me?
Do you think my employer doesn�t know what I have done, I have a very personal relationship with my chief and I talk with him about every thing?
Also the offences I have committed are minor according to our law but they continue to harass me and my family.

Neonhelmet, my friend:

I was referring to a post by the muppet about the laws in the UK requiring masons in government jobs to declare their affiliation. The stated purpose of these laws is to restrict masons from certain jobs. This is exactly what the Nazi party did in Germany in the late 1930's to the jews, with the same stated purpose.

My point is that if you are going to require masons to register (how would you know if they complied?) why not the Catholics, the Protestants, the Jews, the Muslims, the communists etc etc? Where does it end?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yeah, tell me about it, Neon . . . drugs aint easy.

I've got an arthritis-cream plant farm in the basement, and I'm running a yeast-infection pill racket. Drugs are a tough business.

I've also been caught snorting organo. I'm trying to come off it, though. Now, I'm not allowed to have pizza.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

All I want is the freedom to be a Mason, to be proud of it, and not have to worry about hatred if I reveal that to people; and the same freedom for every other Mason. That's probably never going to happen. But my morals will not excuse me from trying my best to fight ignorance and hatred about Masonry when necessary (but of course trying to avoid fighting when possible).

And you should have that freedom, you shouldn't hide what you are, i have been ridiculed many times by christians because i believe in a pagan relegion and in magic, actually i am a chaos magician and i have also gotten quite a beating from that including my own familly

Neonhelmet, my friend:

I was referring to a post by the muppet about the laws in the UK requiring masons in government jobs to declare their affiliation.

Ok np mate, hehe always good to get something out of nothing

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
*LOL* I have been oregano addicted myself, but now I am addicted to garlic, chili, humus and tzasiki (hmm the Greek cucumber stuff you eat)�

But to be honest when off base I some times smoke a blunt and my boss knows that, *LOL* when he goes out to town he snorts tequila that�s just hardcore.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Dose he snort the salt, too? hehe . . . . . ouch.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
I was referring to a post by the muppet about the laws in the UK requiring masons in government jobs to declare their affiliation. The stated purpose of these laws is to restrict masons from certain jobs. This is exactly what the Nazi party did in Germany in the late 1930's to the jews, with the same stated purpose.

Theron, this starting to get a little tiresome....

To make it clear, the law does NOT say masons cannot be MP's, or judges, or police officers. Where on earth did you get that ridiculous notion from? It says that IF you are a mason, and in one of these professions, then you have to declare it.

The purpose of these laws is so that the system is not just fair, but is seen to be fair.

When a Scottish MP declares that he will BREAK THE LAW, rather than admit he is a mason, he is basically saying that his allegiance to Masonry is stronger than his than his allegiance to his country, or those who have elected him. That is PRECISELY the reason such allegiances MUST be made public, just as things like company directorships or conflicts of interests have to be declared.

Jeez, why do I even bother? The last word is yours.... have fun with it.

[edit on 1/9/04 by muppet]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The freemasons are actually reincarted Atlanteans/Egyptians. Hmmm.... It seems to me that the freemasons/Egyptians/Atlanteans have quite the solid record of brilliance and all those who aren't of these people are quite simpy, evil. Look at Microsoft, Ronald Reagan, New York City, and the nation of Japan. Crude, greedy, and too selfish to interfere in world affairs; these are prime examples of what not to do. There is nothing to be feared or in anyway loathsome of the Freemasons but there is every reason to want them as a friend. Why did the stock market of the dotcom era explode rather than accomplish a new era of a Jetsons' utopian vision? Quite simply, only one third of the world is capable of matching the hype, no matter how great. Unfortunately the commanders in charge of Silicon Valley were not these people.

The world is divided into essentially three different people and only the Freemasons are willing to accecpt this which would explain their obcession with the number three. Easily exciteable, highly adaptable, and efficient philantrophists, the Freemasons have a right to be the world controllers of this deteriorating planet of ours. Contrary to popular beliefs, they do not care for ego boasting perferring to refrain from being drunken boars.

[edit on 11-9-2004 by risitar]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
**So sorry. I accidently posted this message twice whence editing. **

[edit on 11-9-2004 by risitar]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by muppet

Originally posted by theron dunn

Theron, this starting to get a little tiresome....

To make it clear, the law does NOT say masons cannot be MP's, or judges, or police officers. Where on earth did you get that ridiculous notion from? It says that IF you are a mason, and in one of these professions, then you have to declare it.

The purpose of these laws is so that the system is not just fair, but is seen to be fair.

Really? Fair... hmmmm, are you requiring jews to register? Are you requiring Catholics to register (after all, they swear alleigance to the pope), are you requiring Christians to register? After all, they swear obedience to Jesus. No, the purpose of the law is to restrict masons from certain jobs. Already the folks behind these "star of david" laws have stopped a man from becoming a senior judge because he was a mason... so the pogroms have started.

When a Scottish MP declares that he will BREAK THE LAW, rather than admit he is a mason, he is basically saying that his allegiance to Masonry is stronger than his than his allegiance to his country, or those who have elected him. That is PRECISELY the reason such allegiances MUST be made public, just as things like company directorships or conflicts of interests have to be declared.

Actually, he is saying the very same thing that I am... the law is WRONG, and bad laws should be ignored, fought, and repealed. My fellow countrymen did so in the late 1700s, and separated the tie between our two countries by kicking your butts out. Sometimes, the law, and the mob, are wrong.

Jeez, why do I even bother? The last word is yours.... have fun with it.

Because I am going to offer a rational response to you? The NAZIS did the same thing to the Jews... how is what you are doing any different?

Just something to chew on: Since we are a "secret" society, how will you ever know that you have all of us registering??? You don't seriously think the UGLE is going to give up its membership records for the pogrom that you have cooking up, do you?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join