It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Time and/or Space God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Time moves us forward. It makes us grow. It provides a platform for experience. It is infinite.

Have you ever payed attention to the passing of time? It feels like you become part of something divine. Maybe it's just me.

Space is infinite, and linked with time. Everything exists within space and without space, nothing could exist. Space is perfect for allowing things to manifest. It makes for the most efficient platform for things to move.

What if there are higher dimensions of spatial existence? Would we not then see how space has the power to dramatically alter forms of existence. Such power could only be expected from God.

Space and time are omnipresent, and without them, nothing would exist.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

It's kNot just that, look at the other things going on in space. Where does all that matter come from? We can see billions of galaxies but you can square that to a quintillion to have a better idea of how many there really are.

Why are planets magnetic?

What powers Time?

Time is the Timex of the Universe! It takes a lick'n and keeps on tick'n.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

This is a good question. Magnetism is a very strange phenomena. I don't understand it, but I think it is inevitably linked with the polar nature of the universe.

Magnetism seems to be the most primary manifestation of duality in the universe. It is an awesome force.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I would say no.

Because i disagree that space and time are infinite, i dont believe in infinity it was only made up by us humans.

I mean if space is infinite then everything is happening at the same time somewhere in the universe an infinite about of times (hard to get your head around).

So somewhere right now theres another me who is worshiped as god?

Altho i said i dont believe in infinity I do however believe god to be infinite as in everything there currently is, including time and space

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
I would say no.

Because i disagree that space and time are infinite, i dont believe in infinity it was only made up by us humans.

I mean if space is infinite then everything is happening at the same time somewhere in the universe an infinite about of times (hard to get your head around).

Altho i said i dont believe in infinity I do however believe god to be infinite as in everything there currently is, including time and space

The reason I think time and space are infinite is any time you have something that exist within an infinite parameter, it is always located in the center of that parameter.

We are always in the here of space and always in the now of time, no matter who or where you are. 1,000,000 is in the center of infinity, and so is 9.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

This is a good question. Magnetism is a very strange phenomena. I don't understand it, but I think it is inevitably linked with the polar nature of the universe.

Magnetism seems to be the most primary manifestation of duality in the universe. It is an awesome force.

Ever wonder how/why your mind creates energy?

en.wikipedia.org...

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Time is actually man made, simply because we are bound to die
after a selected amount of earth orbits. So we shouldn't count "time"
as part of the dimension since they always mix up time and space
it allows me to conclude that space is self existent and does not need
time. Time is only a unit of measurement of space.
Humans may see time as god simply because they have no control over it
as they will continue to be born, age and die. Things carry on as always.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
I would say no.

The reason I think time and space are infinite is any time you have something that exist within an infinite parameter, it is always located in the center of that parameter.

God/Source is always inside WE and WE are always inside God/Source, for God/Source is ONE and the Center of the Universe and Everything is God/Source and WE are ONE with God/Source, so WE are also at the Center of the Universe, no matter where WE are and including the fact WE are stuck in the Middle of time forever, then . . . .

"WE are Inside Everything and Everything is Inside WE, all the while being stuck in the Middle of Time at the Center of the Universe for an Eternity." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
Time is actually man made, simply because we are bound to die
after a selected amount of earth orbits. So we shouldn't count "time"
as part of the dimension since they always mix up time and space
it allows me to conclude that space is self existent and does not need
time. Time is only a unit of measurement of space.
Humans may see time as god simply because they have no control over it
as they will continue to be born, age and die. Things carry on as always.

Time is kNot a measurement of Space. Distance is a measurement of Space. Time allows you to transverse that Space.

Ribbit )

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Time, what do you consider time smithjustinb? On Earth its related to the amount of rotations Earth does with the SOL. But how is it tracked off of Earth? Do all planets revolving around their parent Stars have different time. Or is time associated with the AGE of a Universe? At 1 time I used to think there was a way to monitor the galaxy spins in relation to each other and tried to figure if time was associated with this but still seems like time if it exist is associated with something more complex.

Space now seems to be based on perception of the observer. For instance a dust mite may see traveling across the entire world diameter as eternal yet a larger more aware creature like a human can see it from a better perspective and tell its just distance. But when you have a human analyze the universe it seems eternal to them, but if you were a being from outside this lil universe and could evaluate its real size you may come to a different understanding then the human. So Space can be associated with how aware the observer is of the existing surroundings... So I dont think time and space are totally GOD but they may be parts of the..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Time, what do you consider time smithjustinb? On Earth its related to the amount of rotations Earth does with the SOL. But how is it tracked off of Earth?

What's up with all the MEASUREMENT errors today?

You are referring to our measurement of Time, kNot Time itself.

Time is what allows that planet to rotate (aka: motion) around that Sol.

Ribbit

Ps: I kNow you said "related" but a quartz watch has nothing to dew with the rotation of earth around our Sol, it bases its ticks to the vibrations of the quartz and the MEASUREMENT is based on earth's rotation period around our sun.

edit on 24-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Space is infinite though therefore distance is an irrelevant matter.
When I mean time is a unit of measurement, I mean as in the
process that occur within space not how long space is. Lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Space is infinite though therefore distance is an irrelevant matter.
When I mean time is a unit of measurement, I mean as in the
process that occur within space not how long space is. Lol.

Correct!

You just didn't clarify it as well the first Time. We have a tendency to dew that, because We kNow what We are talking about (sometimes) but We don't always say it right.
It happens to me all the Time.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well, you certainly have an interesting theory. The problem with it is that there is not any such thing as time when you get to the fundamental basics of "reality." The whole concept is pretty much man-made.

When one speaks of God, I always use the term of force or energy....In my honest opinion, that is the only thing you can liken God to....Force or energy.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Man knows nothing of God,

It occupies the space here there and in between to the infinite depths and outer reaches of existence.

And when you're brain can no longer contemplate the meaning of its grandeur and you throw yourself down in awe.

You look at the face of god, which is not a face at all.

It is nothing you could possibly imagine.

Yet you see it every day.

-GM

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, you certainly have an interesting theory. The problem with it is that there is not any such thing as time when you get to the fundamental basics of "reality." The whole concept is pretty much man-made.

When one speaks of God, I always use the term of force or energy....In my honest opinion, that is the only thing you can liken God to....Force or energy.

I pretty much agree with this. Energy is the ability to do work, but what is energy to have that ability???

What exactly is it that has the ability to do work? We can look at whether or not the subtraction of universal variables will have an effect on the ability for a body to do work. If you take away space, there is no ability. If you take away time, there is no ability. Space is a ground. Time is the method of moving through space.

If there was no space, work could not be done because work = force times distance. If there was no time, work could not be done, because point A to point B requires time.

Energy depends on mass, time, and space, so if energy is God, the entirety of mass, time, and space in the universe is God.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

so if energy is God, the entirety of mass, time, and space in the universe is God.

I pretty much think that's the case......Of course, I am a pantheist, so..................

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Interesting post.

God is preexistent and has always existed and cannot fail to exist. This means God is infinity at rest since He cannot change. This does not mean that God does not expand by combination. Infinity is the measure of what can be from what is. Finite is the measure of infinity in slices, combinations and degrees. If God is at rest, then creation is in movement. If God is creating, then creation is at rest. As we collapse the indeterminate wave of infinity, we select possibilities that are fixed and governed, but yet to be determined by combination. We perceive finite reality as infinity incorrectly. Infinity, by its very nature, suggests that God enjoys seeing Himself in differing combinations of possibility. Possibility is infinite.

There cannot be an infinite amount of finite things, just as there cannot be a finite number of infinite things. There can be a localized amount of anything in combinations. Infinity has no end so it is an ever-expanding combination of possibility. Time is infinite, but there can only be a finite amount of localized time by relation to size and mass in movement. Space has never been the same even once. Nothing has ever existed the same twice in this universe since the universe is finite, even in combination. There is imperfection and difference in anything that is created. Imperfection is what allows perfection to exist.

Ask any piano tuner or brass ensemble. Imperfection is where true beauty arises to perfection. The larger question is, what is perfection? God has found perfection, so God is perfection of the infinite.

edit on 24-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
No, its some kind of "net" that holds reality together. I don't really think we have a word (or any set of words or mathematical symbols) to precisely describe what time and space is, along with their relation to one another.

Call it what you want though, I don't particularly like the word "God".

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

There is no way that it can be known that time is infinite, because you have not seen it all, it could end tomorrow.
However now is eternal. Now is the space. If there was a big bang, the space must have been present prior to it.
The space is always present as is the now and you are inseparable from now.

You are the aware presence.
Space like awareness.
In this space all 'things' are known.
All appearances appear within the now.
You are the container through which all 'things' are passing. The empty vessel.

I think you might like this smithjustinb,
youtu.be...
edit on 25-10-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join