Is Time and/or Space God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Time moves us forward. It makes us grow. It provides a platform for experience. It is infinite.

Have you ever payed attention to the passing of time? It feels like you become part of something divine. Maybe it's just me.

Space is infinite, and linked with time. Everything exists within space and without space, nothing could exist. Space is perfect for allowing things to manifest. It makes for the most efficient platform for things to move.

What if there are higher dimensions of spatial existence? Would we not then see how space has the power to dramatically alter forms of existence. Such power could only be expected from God.

Space and time are omnipresent, and without them, nothing would exist.

Grasshopper,

I suspect that you are beginning to zero in on what has been viewed as God, by all who have - for one reason or another - experienced it and its immediate relevance to everything that they understand to be true and authentic within reality itself. No, it's not Time or Space, or a configuration of the two, but you're not that far away from true revelation concerning the factual identity of that which our Earth-centric humanity worships as divine.

Just remember that our "God" is personal to each of us, even as "He" is universal in association with all of us. Our God literally defines all that we know of ourselves, all that is known and unknown of us, and all that contains us from one end of physical reality to the other. And yet, when we encounter this "God", what we feel is our own sense of self reflected back to us, and it feels like love and acceptance. A literal flood of warm affection and unconditional invitation.

There's only one manifestation that is capable of that level of ubiquitous presence and definition. When you finally discover its true identity, you'll laugh and realize how incredible reality actually is. Yes, there is a creator, but I think you need to eliminate the impossible before you can begin your examination of the plausible in this search of yours.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Time moves us forward. It makes us grow. It provides a platform for experience. It is infinite.

Have you ever payed attention to the passing of time? It feels like you become part of something divine. Maybe it's just me.

Space is infinite, and linked with time. Everything exists within space and without space, nothing could exist. Space is perfect for allowing things to manifest. It makes for the most efficient platform for things to move.

What if there are higher dimensions of spatial existence? Would we not then see how space has the power to dramatically alter forms of existence. Such power could only be expected from God.

Space and time are omnipresent, and without them, nothing would exist.

Grasshopper,

I suspect that you are beginning to zero in on what has been viewed as God, by all who have - for one reason or another - experienced it and its immediate relevance to everything that they understand to be true and authentic within reality itself. No, it's not Time or Space, or a configuration of the two, but you're not that far away from true revelation concerning the factual identity of that which our Earth-centric humanity worships as divine.

Just remember that our "God" is personal to each of us, even as "He" is universal in association with all of us. Our God literally defines all that we know of ourselves, all that is known and unknown of us, and all that contains us from one end of physical reality to the other. And yet, when we encounter this "God", what we feel is our own sense of self reflected back to us, and it feels like love and acceptance. A literal flood of warm affection and unconditional invitation.

There's only one manifestation that is capable of that level of ubiquitous presence and definition. When you finally discover its true identity, you'll laugh and realize how incredible reality actually is. Yes, there is a creator, but I think you need to eliminate the impossible before you can begin your examination of the plausible in this search of yours.

Pottawan Master,

What do you think God is?

Your experience of God and definition of the experience sounds a lot like how I've experienced it. When I experienced it though, it felt like it was space and time itself with an added element of consciousness and emotion.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, you certainly have an interesting theory. The problem with it is that there is not any such thing as time when you get to the fundamental basics of "reality." The whole concept is pretty much man-made.

When one speaks of God, I always use the term of force or energy....In my honest opinion, that is the only thing you can liken God to....Force or energy.

I pretty much agree with this. Energy is the ability to do work, but what is energy to have that ability???

What exactly is it that has the ability to do work? We can look at whether or not the subtraction of universal variables will have an effect on the ability for a body to do work. If you take away space, there is no ability. If you take away time, there is no ability. Space is a ground. Time is the method of moving through space.

If there was no space, work could not be done because work = force times distance. If there was no time, work could not be done, because point A to point B requires time.

Energy depends on mass, time, and space, so if energy is God, the entirety of mass, time, and space in the universe is God.

Energy is kNot the ability to dew Werk, it is what is used to dew the Werk:

Werk = Activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.

Energy = The strength and vitality required for sustained physical or mental activity.

So Thought is Werk but then, what happens when that Werk creates Energy and the Energy it creates is more than is used to create it?

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Pottawan Master,

What do you think God is?

Your experience of God and definition of the experience sounds a lot like how I've experienced it. When I experienced it though, it felt like it was space and time itself with an added element of consciousness and emotion.

God? I know that it's not God. It's as close to God as we can get within this reality confine, but it's not aware or dynamic in any way whatsoever. Still, it's the ultimate draw for anything and everything that is aware and dynamic.

God would never see itself as a god, and definitely not our god. It knows that we exist, since it knows that we must exist because it initiated what it initiated with our eventual emergence in mind, but there's no possible way for it to know us or to ever know anything specific about us. Its ultimate goal involves us, but if you think what I just suggested is tough to swallow, you'd strangle on that bit of reality. It's probably best if I don't annoy you with any of that.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I like your description of the epiphany.

I say that everything was made by consciousness for consciousness, in order for consciousness to be conscious of itself being conscious ad infinitum.

First you have an eternal sea of bliss, and then, as if incomprehensibly, a first whim - "who am I?", and then the vesica pisces is born from two centers, creating the flower of life in perfect, harmonious phi ratio proportion, forever.

This is why I like to say "I love you too", because my own inclusion in this eternal process, is like God saying to me "I love you", and in this regard, it may not ever end in the sense that

"no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the mind imagined, what God has in store for those who love him."

to which i should add "nor NorEasters figured out"

We cannot know the unknowable, but we CAN have a relationship with it, this is the great marvel, that we CAN love it, and be loved by it, and know as we are known, but once we know, once we "grok" it (eat or drink with a spiritual mouth), and have that experience, we must never forget it again, and to remind ourselves, therefore, we ought to then simply continue to love as we are loved, which is the eternal love of Bhakti as the Indian Mystics call it, and it's eternal, without end, and therefore, here, now, even from me. to you, and you could be anyone since love to be love can't be selective, but must be all inclusive and all embracing.

But there is no conceptual, structural framework for *understanding* it, those are only models and can never be the real thing, which is more of a felt experience than some sort of well reasoned thought process. Love is the only way to describe such a thing, the love of mutuality, of sharing, in this case the sharing of an eternal kingdom of light and love without end. I like it! Way to go GOD! Excellent! Much much better for there to be something and something forever to discover and share in mutuality, than nothing at all. You done good! "He" doesn't need it of course, but make no mistake, God LOVES that kind of thing, because when we recognize God, God also recognizes himself, through us, as intended. Oh God how I love God! There's nothing greater! And if we could figure him/it all out, then what fun would THAT be? So it's a frame without a frame, and an unconditional space of limitless possibility in order so that we can HAVE an experience and share it with another, that's freedom, the freedom to really live and love as intended by design.

God doesn't need our "worship", only our love by living most fully and allowing him to live through us, as us, as we grow in stature to the likeness of Christ or God-realized in human form. It is our destiny. There is nothing else really worth doing, once this idea is grasped. Nothing else is any fun, or capable of restoring us TO fun and enjoyment, of the kind we once had as children but lost as adults, until now (God willing).

edit on 25-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I believe Dark Energy is god.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
I believe Dark Energy is god.

You're kidding.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
What if one day it turns out "God" isn't exactly what it seems to mean. Wouldn't that just suck.
edit on 25-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I am convinced that we will NEVER know, 100%, precisely, what "God" means or represents as the Absolute, and only a fool, or a devil, would try to elevate himself to such a position.

What would disturb me would be secret wisdom employed in service to self as God, or the theft of God's instruments of creation, in service to empire upon who's throne sits not God but an imposter. That goes on I do believe, and can be viewed historically, very clearly. May it be recognized for what it is and represents and pushed healong into the abyss and replaced by the real thing whch can only be framed by love, not selfishness and greed and self-interested cronyism (disgusting!).

The devil is on his last legs, can be seen thrashing around in the abyss roaring. Let him go down. Better yet, help the process along by tilling a new field with the implements of love, never looking back ie: learn how to love and forget how to hate.

edit on 25-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Well, if there is an imposter it is likely there always was.

The things you mention exist in human nature, not god.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Which things, love? Mutuality?

Or the wicked and barbaric things, which are unnatural, not natural, and entered in through a false consciousness of duality and separation from source, from God

Please don't come at me like this, as I'm trying simply to be most helpful, nothing more, nothing less.

I know God is love. I know it. It's an experience, and if it's but a projection, then that's quite the trick on my part, how it comes back magnified. No I don't think you can tell someone who's had an experience of the love of God that it's "just them" and nothing but a human trait on their part, that's absurd, because I was nothing but a jerk until I met this God or I should say until he found me as I ran from him and to him.

It's personal, so I can understand why people don't like it being foisted upon them either as being TOLD what to believe, which kind of takes the love out of it, since love to be love must be free.

Always an imposter? I don't think so, not if God is, among other things the first/last cause. There's a difference I think between God as spirit of truth and life and love, and a mere creature.

There are thieves among us, who would use God's gifts for nothing but selfish gain, as a point of leverage, and as part of a Satanic principal of rebellion in service to an imposter. Don't tell me you would rather be their/his advocate than embrace the God of love? I've found many who would rather play the devil's advocate with a cunning smile, than face the reality of a God of truth and love - they will insist that the horrendous evil of the world is the way the world is and will always be, and they'll actually smile a little bit, like they're proud of it, and I cring whenever I see it, and it's not just them or their human nature speaking either, it's something else..

Who hates love? Makes no sense to me, none whatsoever, it's absurd.

Your issue I see is one of trust, and of worthiness or trustworthiness, and we were given that, but it was miused and abused, of course, but the heart of it never changed, it never became less worthy, less trustworthy, please consider that when considering the love of God expressed or made manifest within and among us.

Sorry for going on, I reacted a bit to your terse reply. It hurt a bit, and I didn't think it was called for.

I just want to try to find a way out of this mess, as a way upon which we can all agree. Don't shoot the messenger.

edit on 26-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I don't believe love is accurately described as we know it.

I think a person can do the right thing without a rigid definition of the word "god".

I am a living example.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

All I was ever trying to say is that it's marvelous that it's possible to have a relationship with "God" however the word is defined even if God were only the mere possibility for love to be made known, experience or shared.

Of course there's way more going on than meets the eye. Your dog could testify to it if he could speak in language, although I'm sure he communicates it to you all the time.

There's no argument here, and no need to make one either.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Why not? You won't entertain my opposing point of view?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Opposing what?

No I'm not interested in arguing about God of all things, or love, that's crazy.

Such things can only be lived, experienced, shared, not argued over. Sorry no, I'm not biting and I don't need to go there. I reacted a bit, that's all.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I don't really see how its crazy, its life.

Your deeply frightened about this question of god?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Time is thought.
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Time is thought.
youtu.be...

You have bought into Rupert Spira?

Now I understand your thinking.

As to your comment about Time being Thought, who's Thought is it?

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Watch the video.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

There is no who.
No one thinks, thinking happens.
All is happening as one.

new topics