It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perth In Lockdown Ahead of CHOGM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Perth is on high alert ahead of the CHOGM:

Deputy Police Commissioner Chris Dawson confirmed about 700 officers from New Zealand and interstate had joined WA police to patrol the city in the lead-up to CHOGM

The officers, who have been given special stop and search powers for the event, were also joined by Australian federal police and members of other national security agencies.

The army, air force, navy and special forces are all on standby ahead of next weekend's meeting, after a warning from Defence Minister Stephen Smith on Friday that Australia is still very much a terrorist target.

most of the Perth central business district declared a "CHOGM Security Area".

"You will see some other uniformed police (from New Zealand and interstate) who have special police powers.

Source: www.smh.com.au...

Furthermore, Occupy Perth is planning a march on CHOGM, Occupying Forrest Place. Cops are saying they will be removed is they set up camp:

Protest leaders say they plan to stay in place for at least three days during CHOGM

"If they disrupt the public they will be removed but that decision will be made on the spot by the senior police."

Source: news.smh.com.au...

This has the potential to get out of hand, with the whole Occupy thing going on while the CHOGM is running.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Why don't they hold these events somewhere out of the way where they don't disrupt normal people??

I find it ironic how they carry on about protesters disrupting city life yet these events are far worse with all the barriers,road closures and exclusion zones.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Why don't they hold these events somewhere out of the way where they don't disrupt normal people??

I find it ironic how they carry on about protesters disrupting city life yet these events are far worse with all the barriers,road closures and exclusion zones.

Yeah, it's quite ironic isn't it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Yeah but all the strange people will be coming out of the desert so I understand the security

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Yeah but all the strange people will be coming out of the desert so I understand the security

Now that you mention it, i would have security for that purpose too

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The World bank does that now. They go to these crazy remote locations in like, the Idaho Rockies to have their get-togethers.

Australia's just such a hellhole that I guess facing the protestors is preferable

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Australia's just such a hellhole that I guess facing the protestors is preferable

Well stay where you are..
I kinda like my little hell hole.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Oh, I'd never go to Australia. I hear it's infested with Australians. Like Texans of the south sea, they are!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

The World bank does that now. They go to these crazy remote locations in like, the Idaho Rockies to have their get-togethers.

What would you know with your low IQ which has been shown throughout ats post troll? You think that Europeans and Africans are a different species.
edit on 24-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I was in Sydney when Bush came to visit.

That was lockdown.

CHOGM, despite the massive police presence and road closures will still be fairly people friendly, like the big bbq being held at Langley park.

Don't forget too that our Queen's birthday public holiday was moved to the CHOGM weekend to lessen the mount of workers in the city on Friday.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Don't forget too that our Queen's birthday public holiday was moved to the CHOGM weekend to lessen the mount of workers in the city on Friday.

I didn't know that..Good idea but they didn't change it in Melbourne..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Our Queen's birthday holiday is different to the east coast already.

Damn woman must be old with all these different birthdays!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Our Queen's birthday holiday is different to the east coast already.

Damn woman must be old with all these different birthdays!

True but think of all the presents and parties she gets to go to.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

What would you know with your low IQ which has been shown throughout ats post troll? You think that Europeans and Africans are a different species.

I know enough to know that that isn't actually anything I've said. I also know enough to know that biology probably confuses the hell out of you anyway. I'm also betting that Back In Black and others in this thread and tell that I'm not at all serious with my ribbing on Australians. I'm smart enough to know that flying off the handle and insulting people for fairly obvious joking kind of makes a guy look crazy.

They say ignorance is bliss, but you don't seem to be a very happy person. Would you like a pony?

Feel better?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Oh, I'd never go to Australia. I hear it's infested with Australians. Like Texans of the south sea, they are!

What?

Australians are great people, friendly and generous..

It's the white folks ya gotta watch out for..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I know enough to know that that isn't actually anything I've said. I also know enough to know that biology probably confuses the hell out of you anyway. I'm also betting that Back In Black and others in this thread and tell that I'm not at all serious with my ribbing on Australians. I'm smart enough to know that flying off the handle and insulting people for fairly obvious joking kind of makes a guy look crazy.

They say ignorance is bliss, but you don't seem to be a very happy person. Would you like a pony?

Feel better?

Yes because that was so obvious that you were joking. No what was obvious is that you suffer from geographic envy and where ever it is you come from. not brave enough to state it, it's obviously not a healthy wealthy country like Australia. And yes you have pretty much said what I said you think of species and there's even other people explaining it to like you would a child which really is really humiliating for you.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Yes because that was so obvious that you were joking.

I'm glad we've reached an accordance.

No what was obvious is that you suffer from geographic envy and where ever it is you come from. not brave enough to state it, it's obviously not a healthy wealthy country like Australia.

How much money do you have riding on that bet, chief?

And yes you have pretty much said what I said you think of species and there's even other people explaining it to like you would a child which really is really humiliating for you.

"Pretty much" is in a similar vein to the phrase "all but" or "might as well have" - it's a weasel term for "didn't actually."

And looking back at that thread, it's pretty obvious that the problem is simply that you don't actually understand the subject matter. I suppose I have time tonight to go back and correct your mistakes there, though.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I'm not very familiar with the law there, but I would be willing to bet that the CHOGM organizers have as much right to be there as the "normal" people do.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yes because that was so obvious that you were joking.

I'm glad we've reached an accordance.

No what was obvious is that you suffer from geographic envy and where ever it is you come from. not brave enough to state it, it's obviously not a healthy wealthy country like Australia.

How much money do you have riding on that bet, chief?

And yes you have pretty much said what I said you think of species and there's even other people explaining it to like you would a child which really is really humiliating for you.

"Pretty much" is in a similar vein to the phrase "all but" or "might as well have" - it's a weasel term for "didn't actually."

And looking back at that thread, it's pretty obvious that the problem is simply that you don't actually understand the subject matter. I suppose I have time tonight to go back and correct your mistakes there, though.

Ok champ
. Thanks for all your posts on ats. I'm off to throw out all my science books now.

top topics

join