It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Know Feds Will Temporarily Cut Off All TV and Radio Broadcasts on Nov. 9?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Did You Know Feds Will Temporarily Cut Off All TV and Radio Broadcasts on Nov. 9?

www.theblaze.com

If you have ever wondered about the government’s ability to control the civilian airwaves, you will have your answer on November 9th.

On that day, federal authorities are going to shut off all television and radio communications simultaneously at 2:00PM EST to complete the first ever test of the national Emergency Alert System (EAS).

This isn’t a wild conspiracy theory. The upcoming test is posted on the Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau website.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
transition.fcc.gov

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So, this is interesting. Has anyone else found any news about this? I've included a link to the FCC site that mentions the test so you don't need to take the article at face value. The website does in fact mention the test.

I'm not one to always believe the worst, but that is so hard these days. So I am just giving this to you all for your own info. Hopefully the normal broadcasting resumes as planned afterwards... though if we lost some of the big new outlets... would be that hard done by?

www.theblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This should be no surprise to anyone.

You're surprised that the US Government has this capability in the year 2011?

The British Govt had the capability to shut down the phone system (even traditional landlines) since the 1950's, and have used it several times to great effect.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Cannot stop mesh networking if you are friends with your neighbors its a great way to share info.
I am trying to remember the names of some good ones.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Personally I'm amazed that they won't be re-directing all US internet traffic to an alert site. Think of how many people are glued to their monitors and not even listening to the radio or watching TV.

FCC Announcment from June 9th about the test.
edit on 10/24/2011 by cbskywarn because: Adding Informative link.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
*raises hand*

What do we do if we don't own a TV or radio?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't find it that hard to believe in respect to the TV and Radio communication.

The internet is a whole other beast, however. TV and Radio are controlled (for the most part) by a conglomerate of multi-nationals. The government can order one of these corporations to shut down and in effect, cut off a quarter of the nations access to TV.

The internet on the other hand, is much more free-enterprise. Its also built to last. If they ever shut down the internet for any period of time for a test, or otherwise, I will begin to worry.

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
did you know they are cutting off TV and Radio Broadcasts AT THE SAME TIME as Asteroid YU55 will be visible with naked eye in daylight skies over some parts of USA??

why would they plan is that way?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Wow, this is the first I have heard of it. Does it say for how long? And will it be all satellite Tv as well as regular? I wonder why they are not preparing people for this? This would scare the pooop out of some people if they are not forewarned properly.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I do not think its a bad thing because its being used as a warning system to possibly save lifes.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I can hear the Opps now we can't get any of the tv stations back and millions take to the street.
hope there program is sound and works right. The couch potato's without there fix might get scary.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Apparently not that long. From the FCC site;

How long will the test last? We anticipate that the test will last approximately3 minutes. While state and local EAS messages are limited to 2 minutes, there is no time limit for national EAS alerts. To evaluate whether the system properly interprets the national message code in the national EAS test, the message duration must be longer than two minutes.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Maybe its an ET Mothership that can detect "Radio, and TV signals"? We're just turning off the lights and being quiet while the Johova Witness ring the doorbell.... I wonder if other countries arendoing this test also

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

What if this is all part of a conspiracy to get us out of the house and exercising!!!!!

OH NOOOOSSSS!!!@!@&(Q@#$i8QEwrgfbjseafjk

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
did you know they are cutting off TV and Radio Broadcasts AT THE SAME TIME as Asteroid YU55 will be visible with naked eye in daylight skies over some parts of USA??

If that's true, just go outside with a telescope hooked up to a dvd recorder and record away. No need for TV. Then when the test is over, you can be the first to play the recording of the asteroid passing - or being blown to bits by the U.S. Air Force.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Well if 3 minutes of exercise will do that much, more power to them.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have 100% doubt people won't forget because A)usually the local news will inform of situations like this. They may even have a countdown clock

B) The emergency broadcast system could test a countdown broadcast days before or something.

C) word of mouth

I don't think it's going to catch anyone by surprise unless they watch TV once a year and somehow tune in just in time they shut it off.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
reply to post by antar

I have 100% doubt people won't forget because A)usually the local news will inform of situations like this. They may even have a countdown clock

B) The emergency broadcast system could test a countdown broadcast days before or something.

C) word of mouth

I don't think it's going to catch anyone by surprise unless they watch TV once a year and somehow tune in just in time they shut it off.

For someone that doesnt own a tv or a radio you sure know alot about media procedures

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have a feeling you've opened another ( yet completely different ) can of worms.
i'm gonna stick around a bit.

Lurking and peeking around corners. Radio ? check. T. V. wrist watch ? check. Gilligans island decoder ring ? check

FnS OP. For what may be the beginning of anoither, " Mr. Toads wild ride ".

edit on 23-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

OMG?!?!?!?!? CONSPIRACY!

As for the op,it's really no surprise. Omg,like,what will people do without tv or radio for 5 minutes? I can guarentee you most people won't even notice it occured. No story here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join