It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Know Feds Will Temporarily Cut Off All TV and Radio Broadcasts on Nov. 9?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
This should be no surprise to anyone.

You're surprised that the US Government has this capability in the year 2011?

The British Govt had the capability to shut down the phone system (even traditional landlines) since the 1950's, and have used it several times to great effect.

Jeez, calm down. They're just letting us know about the event, not trying to throw everyone into a panic. LOL Thank you, OP, for letting us know.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I can only speak my lil white booty. But no sweat here OP. For you or the off topic poster..Just learn and move on

edit on 24-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

That's usually the best thing one can do when faced with a failure isn't it?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
good thing its only a test and for a short time..
things would get ugly fast over there if the sheep erm people didnt have television or radio over there for an extended period of time..

Hmm.. Wonder if dizzy city doing a dry run...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Given the context, I hope you can understand why I would come to that conclusion.

That said, if you truly had no thought to dropping a insult, then accept my apologies for making you seem like a not very nice person. Unfortunately, instinct as it applies to meaning in communication is considerably crippled by the the lack of face to face interaction and body language inherit in the internet.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

you will be the last to know what is gong on unless your on ATS then you will be the first to know, stay tuned for more.

edit on 24-10-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
*raises hand*

What do we do if we don't own a TV or radio?

Then the New World Order can't touch you!! You can be our Sleeper Cell.

:p

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Absco

you will be the last to know what is gong on unless your on ATS then you will be the first to know, stay tuned for more.

edit on 24-10-2011 by bekod because: editting

Like reading the internet ever gave clear and accurate information about anything.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

As long as I have the internet I will be good to go.

I may be shut off though before that owe the bill...Blah!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
O.k. so they announced months ago they would do this. We already have emergency alerts come through TV and radio, have for many years. We see them all the time when hurricanes or tornadoes get close.. so whats so different about this one?

And.. Why? If we already have a good working system for emergency alerts in place and there is something special about this one, could it be that they are conditioning us to get used to them again - like the air raids of the 50's and 60's because they KNOW something Big will be coming?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ummmmm....am I the only one who sees the weekly test of the emergency broadcast system on tv? I dont find anything odd about this at all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Let's move this thread in another conspiracy - you do know it's happening on 9/11 lol - at least the way I read it !

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
VERY IMPORTANT POST RE THIS THREAD. PLEASE READ??

Just considering all possibilities, this post not because I'm paranoid. (not that I am not, paranoid, that is, in this world you have to have a good dose of suspicion to remain sane..
:puz

In 1994 my then boyfriend was a two way radio/electronix communications provider/EXPERT. Had 3 repeaters with about..hmmmm...how many... lots of radios on each. Today he is a multimillionair. Besides the point, but he really is a genius when it comes to this stuff. Recently found out his father is a freemason, and he also belongs to some secret society which he proclaims are way above us folks in the street on knowledge and stuff. I have since severed all ties with him, even though he told me they will always 'watch over me'. (One morning I had to leave home at 4 to catch a plane and when I left my house two small white pickups came screeching down the dead street, drove up my driveway, saw me for a second, made a u-turn and screaached out of there. Huh.)

So, back then, in 1994 ish he was just starting out his own company and we were quit poor. He also fixed tv's and video's and stuff to bring in the extra buck or two.

One night, our as usual drunk neighbours, passed out in their lounge with the tv on very loud. Because the townhouses we lived in were so close to each other we could not hear our own tv! because theirs was so loud. We went next door to knock on their door but no reply. So we stood on a chair and looked over the fence and saw this elderly couple passed out in their lounge, beer bottles all over the place. We knew they had a drinking problem.

Anyhows, my boyfriend took out this little what he calls 'instrument' thing and told me to 'watch this'. Within 10 minutes he 'tuned' into our neighbours tv and switched the sound down to mute!!! I was stunned, and suspicious of tvs ever since.

I was overseas for many years since 1994. In this year, 2011 we hooked up again and I saw a 'communications monitor device' in his 'very private' office. He refused to tell me what it can do. I stayed with him for a couple of days cause we live about 1000km from each other. During this time I finally convinced him, and all he was willing to tell me was that 'your tv does many many things that you have no clue about'! His words:' you will be knocked off your socks if you knew!'

I think they watch me through the tv. Paranoid? Naaah, I put a cloth over the darn thing when its off.

Maybe they gonna send some something to you all over that little entertaining box, all at the same time.

Paranoid?

Nah, just awake.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

I really want to believe that there are "cameras" in TVs but I can't because if so, I should have been in jail or dead a LOOOONNNNNGGGGG time ago.

As for the "instrument" he used to change the tv, it was probably a form of this or a homemade version. Electronics are not hard if you understand schematics and basic soldering and wiring.

TV-B-Gone
edit on 24-10-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

The way they really work da law is not the way we thinx it does. Don't worry about whatever you are doing cause of their laws and jail and stuff. If they had to lock up all the people that are doing stuff in private they might a well jail us all. Worry about your own law of consciousness.

Neither do I think tvs have cameras built in to them. They dont.

my ex explainded it like this: a tv is an instrument that recieves and transmits. It is just that it receives much more than what they tell us.

read the book '1985' which I read in 2001 and of course it made perfect sense to me.

big brother is watching you! (Said with teasing playful laugh in my voice.)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

do tell what extras it is receiving? Seriously.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by outsidethesquare

They watch you through the tv.
Behind the picutre on the tv there is another constant transmission of a pattern that makes people dosile, this pattern attacks you. That's why you will always find people starting at the tv even if they are not watching it.
To me though, the worst is that they are watching us.

This is very well incorporated into the book '1984' (sorry I got the year wrong... again) written by George Orwell who is know to have connections with the secres society. Her wrote the book in 1948 and it is a very very scary read. In the book the controlling power guy at the top watches everyone through their tvs.

re George Orwell: I did not do a thurough search about him this time but did so many years ago. Here is a little about his connections to secret society:

www.conspiracytruths.co.uk...

Im sure you can find more.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
O.k. so they announced months ago they would do this. We already have emergency alerts come through TV and radio, have for many years. We see them all the time when hurricanes or tornadoes get close.. so whats so different about this one?

And.. Why? If we already have a good working system for emergency alerts in place and there is something special about this one, could it be that they are conditioning us to get used to them again - like the air raids of the 50's and 60's because they KNOW something Big will be coming?

The paranoid side of me was thinking something similar... Most emergencies are local or at worst regional covering a few states - What are they expecting that would require a national system? Why does the fed gov need to take control of the whole system? I'm sure if something major needed to be proliferated the local emergency broadcasting systems would relay it anyway... Just seems fishy to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
There is a joke in there somewhere about stoners and TV's not being turned on but I'll leave that for another day.

I can see how they monitor patterns. What about projectors and computers? I know people who use these more than tv sets.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Its part of the DHS requirements that came out. After reviewing Katrina and some other follow on disasters they went back and reviewed what did and did not work. Communications was listed towards the top and if I remeber right public service agencies had until 2013 to completely convert their com systems over.

Right now the EAS is a state controlled - region / city specfic system. The Military has also been doing training with their communication interoprability with state and local officals (google / yahoo search can get you most of the info).

I dont beleive nor do I see anything sinister going on. They are just working to streamline the system, increasing effectiveness while increasing interoprability. As its stands now if the Feds needed to get something out to the masses in a hurry, they are forced to use the media on the medias timetable.

Putting this system in place only makes sense since it refduces that lag time.

With that being said, people should keep an eye on it and when in doubt, call up your representative and ask them questions about it. Dont ever be afraid to question the people we voted into office. We are their bosses, not their subjects.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

As its stands now if the Feds needed to get something out to the masses in a hurry, they are forced to use the media on the medias timetable.

I hope you poor folks don't get hit with mini adds from the WH featuring Obama's lying face every hour.

BTW, when did the Feds ever need to get information out that fast to the entire country anyway??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join