It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Know Feds Will Temporarily Cut Off All TV and Radio Broadcasts on Nov. 9?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Luckily never to my knowledge. Thats not to say it wont ever be used or wont ever be needed. Its nice to have backups to the state emergency management systems. However we are seeing increased activity along the fault lines in Califorina as well as New Madrids.

In addition to the tv testing, they are also continuing to work on the communications interoprability.

If New Madrids goes its going to be a mess (last huge quake there was early 1900's and rang churchbells as far away as boston in addition to temporarily forcing the Mississippi rivier to flow backwards.

Hopefully we will never need it...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I'm not against the warning system.

I just hope they don't end up using it for any old Government announcement..
Often that's what tends to happen with Government concepts, they get hijacked..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
What if they shut it down and ''just couldnt get it back on again''?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
What if they shut it down and ''just couldnt get it back on again''?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

What, no American Idol

BTW, I watch very little TV so I don't care.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
kinda ridiculous if you ask me..

theyre getting ready for the day somone hops on national tv with a big announcment that they dont want getting out..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I'm not against the warning system.

I just hope they don't end up using it for any old Government announcement..
Often that's what tends to happen with Government concepts, they get hijacked..

Unless there is some major fundamental shift I cant see that happening. The State / local systems we have are only used for major emergencies (tornadoes earthquakes and recently the Amber Alerts are added to them). Not usr if you guys have the amber alert / equivelant down under. They put kidnapping info out -descrption of people / cars / plates / direction of travel etc.

I do find it interesting though going back and looking at what the federal government has been rolling out lately. A lot more cooperation with state and local agencies, TSA being added to truck weigh stations inspections...

Some good, yet weird, items coming down the pipeline.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I do find it interesting though going back and looking at what the federal government has been rolling out lately. A lot more cooperation with state and local agencies, TSA being added to truck weigh stations inspections...

Sounds like a police state to me..
Everyone is presumed guilty till proven innocent.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry if this link has already been posted. Anything like this on Nov 9 spooks me. What are they really up to? Showing us the power they have? Baiting civilian violence? I don't like it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Sounds like a police state to me..
Everyone is presumed guilty till proven innocent.

I dont think weve hit that point, however the new stuff coming out does require us to watch to see where else it can be used aside from stated places. The TSA being deployed to weigh stations as an example. So long as they stick to those vehilces that are governed by Federal Law, there is enough trucks to go around.

The moment they start doing traffic stops on regular motorists, im going to have some real issues with that. Seeing the way TSA agents are trained now is not encouraging when its applied to dealing with motor vehicles. If they dont send them through any type of training and dont arm them, then there is a problem.

The items they look for is contraband, where logic dictates the person driving the vehicle may also be armed.

I truely beleive that you would see States telling the FEds to eff off if they attempt any type of police state.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry if this link has already been posted. Anything like this on Nov 9 spooks me. What are they really up to? Showing us the power they have? Baiting civilian violence? I don't like it.

Check the DHS / FEMA websites, in addition to your local / state government / emergency management websites to see if there is info there. From what I see its just a testing of the EAS on a large scale - IE instead of a localized area, testing is being done to send one message out to everyone in all the states.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Wow even if it is 'just' a test to make sure they can contact all states at once in an emergency, just think of what would have to happen for every state to be contacted at once...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

The moment they start doing traffic stops on regular motorists, im going to have some real issues with that. Seeing the way TSA agents are trained now is not encouraging when its applied to dealing with motor vehicles. If they dont send them through any type of training and dont arm them, then there is a problem.

The items they look for is contraband, where logic dictates the person driving the vehicle may also be armed.

I truely beleive that you would see States telling the FEds to eff off if they attempt any type of police state.

They are... You must have missed this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Interesting. Can you give some examples, and I am curious about the great effects they scored.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm sure it's not all doom and gloom as some people seem to think, but is more than likely just the government testing their ability to black out the states and to gauge it's effectiveness.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This reminds me of reading something that happened back in 1971.

Code Word Hatefulness

Happened by accident that day, who knows what will happen this time (nothing as usual).

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Wow even if it is 'just' a test to make sure they can contact all states at once in an emergency, just think of what would have to happen for every state to be contacted at once...

I would prefer not to since in my opinion an activation on that level would most likely mean some catastrophic occured that affects not states, but entire regions.

I will be happy to see it in place and working with the hopes its never used.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CommandoJoe

I saw the thread and read the ifo. Random inspections refer to Semis / vehicles required to stop t weigh stations. Vehilces that dont fall into that category (namely us and everyone else who is not a truck driver) are covered under that.

Its against the law to randomly stop a vehicle without reasonable suspcion / probable cause (except vehicles that stop at weigh stations), and the Supreme Court rulings on that are defined and specific. A reasonable expectation of privacy has also been established for a private vehicle (not to the same level as a house buts its working that way).

Also, food for thought - TSA are FEderal employees (as are air marshalls / ground marshalls they want to use). They are empowered to enforce only Federal Law, not State law. I dont care for the way the article is written because it leaves those key points out.

However, as with any government, we must do our due dilligence and keep tabs on the government and its actions to ensure this doesnt cross a line. I urge people to contact their representatives in state and federal government and share your concerns with them.

Time to get involved people..
edit on 24-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
*raises hand*

What do we do if we don't own a TV or radio?

I think you just put down your book at 2:00 pm and observe a moment of silence. Either that, or have a sandwich. You won't miss anything.

I see this as a non-event. There have been EBS test interruptions on US television as long as I can remember. The difference is that this one will hit all broadcast networks simultaneously instead of individual stations being tested on a periodic schedule.

"If this had been an emergency, you would have been instructed to where to tune in your area for information..."

Nothing to see here. Please move along.
edit on 24-10-2011 by obiwanbeeohbee because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2011 by obiwanbeeohbee because: Misplaced emoticon

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by missvicky
en.wikipedia.org...

Check the DHS / FEMA websites, in addition to your local / state government / emergency management websites to see if there is info there. From what I see its just a testing of the EAS on a large scale - IE instead of a localized area, testing is being done to send one message out to everyone in all the states.
This is exactly what it is. Large scale EAS. Not a bad thing in my opinion. After the breakdown of comms on 9/11 It was implemented as part of the digital television transition. They auctioned off all of the RF spectrum to the highest bidders. Said RF spectrum now transmits all television, wireless broadband and cell phone communications. You will get the EAS messages on your phones too. We now have a nationwide redundant system that is not localized.

At first I thought it was some big conspiracy but then realized it was just a natural progression of the information age. In some ways it was, not a government conspiracy but a corporate one. If this had gone a different way it would have sparked a new gold rush of small independent communications companies. So much for that.

You can read the story here. I even had an industry insider jump in the discussion and verify some of the topics. The thread progresses as it goes I would recommend reading it all and not just the OP.

Auction 73 - The Biggest Little Auction You Never Heard Of

edit on 24-10-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Its been 4-5 yrs since i watched TV more than 30 sec, and radio... maybe when i accidently hit AM/FM on my CAR

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join