It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full size of the Moai Statues! (Easter Island)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh

Awesome Info OP...I had no idea the statues were that huge. I think the same applies to the Sphinx if they dig deeper into the sands.

However, it seems that the ancients back then also frequently grabbed their peckers just like todays men

Sorry, I couldn't help myself

SnF

edit on 10/25/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'd bet there are more structures buried there...ground penetrating radar seems to be in order here

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I honestly don't think anyone smart enough to build these statues would also at the same time, be dumb enough to think that putting a hat on it would help others rescue them, considering there are thousands of miles of ocean in every direction. It seems totally unrealistic. There had to be other reasons, perhaps simple ones. But 'sending a S.O.S' doesn't seem to be a viable solution.

Ok, well the point being the people that put the hats on were separated by hundreds, perhaps thousands of years from the ones the build the original statues. One would also argue as how smart one would be to build them in the first place, since they most likely represent a religious belief that certainly has no precedence for being smart. The 'smart' ones would be those in charge that convinced the populace that they should be built.

For hundreds of years those statues stood there, on the shoreline , and nobody noticed them or came. It is know that in the later years of the culture that existed there, things turned very ugly and tribunal wars broke out. It was not safe for anyone to traverse the island. Who knows what people would do if they could not get off this place, since they had exhausted all of its natural resources, no where to go. I say they built hats for the statues for that reason, whether they thought they would appease the gods and someone would come to save them, or they would be physically noticed
as something new added to an age old relic, and become cause for a new investigation.

Who knows what they really believed, however they did have a horrible end game, when they could no longer sustain the human populaton on that island with the resouces it had left to offer. I think that the hats had a connection with this, and were placed on those statues as a last resort in survival.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Awesome pictures! I have always loved seeing things from ancient civilizations, and I knew absolutely nothing about the Moai statues being so large.

Whether it can be described or not, it is still incredible to see things like this!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I wonder if something is buried right underneath each moai statue. The remains of the person that the statue personifies, ancient technology, crystals...
Interesting to think about.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Bonkrh

and people say there were not giants in the old days...Just another proof providing credibility to the giants recorded in the HOLY bible. Thanks OP, S&F!

jesus - how do you manage to relate this to 'giants'? It is rather depressing ATS has become over-run by narrow minded christian fanatics
edit on 26-10-2011 by makinho21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by Wolfenz

Rapa Nui was part of Polynesia and had adherents of the BirdMan Cult. The name of the deity was MakeMake

www.windows2universe.org...

I think it is ironic that MakeMake was the god of fertility and yet Easter Island itself is not considered fertile. There are very few trees.

Could it be these giant statues were light guides, maybe on the tops of the ones who had hats contained signal fires?
edit on 10/24/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

sorry for the delay
Yes Very Few Trees

Bird man cult has reached South American Too as ive seen Actual Inca Aztec Mayan Paintings of Warrior Men with Bird Head dresses on even right up to Plains North American Indian Head dress

I Apologize for not showing a Visual of the Head dresses of the Pre Columbia as I would like to have a Authentic Drawings Painting or Carving as Ive seen them in MY Illustrated Mexican Pre Columbiaian Book made in 1946 first edition called -- Pre Spanish Art of Mexico as it has many pictures of art work and buildings in Mexico and other places that i haven't seen in any other Book !

Mine is in Better Shape

Hmm like a Light signal , light house ? leading the Way ? or a Warning take your Pick well thats if those statures are facing the Ocean

its possible that's what they could be used for

edit on 26-10-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
they should scan the whole island with one of those ground scanners things. bet theres loads of artifacts maybe even deep caves or tunnles. wonder who says or maybe how much, to go digging.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Mayan filmmaker offers photo as proof of aliens, says Hawking agrees

Producer Raul Julia-Levy supplied a photo (left), which he says was taken in southern Guatemala in the 1930s, showing a head carved in the jungle.

The monument, according to an accompanying letter by archaeologist Hector E. Mejia, dates back to between 3,500 and 5,000 B.C. and is evidence of a superior civilization unlike any known to have lived on Earth.
twins seperated at birth?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by jeichelberg

Mysterious Head Photo - What is it?

What should have been a joyous occassion, was one of despair. Padilla said that the statue had been destroyed: "It was destroyed by revolutionaries about ten years ago. We had located the statue too late. It was used as target practice by anti-government rebels. This totally disfigured it, sort of like the way the Sphinx in Egypt had its nose shot off by the Turks, only worse." The eyes, nose and mouth had completely gone. No doubt, the fact that the head had been carved from soft sandstone did not help; it had helped to make this face very smooth, but also very brittle. Padilla was able to measure its height as between 4 and 6 metres, with the head resting on a neck.

edit on 26-10-2011 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by Bonkrh

www.eisp.org... Easter island statue project

also has a lot of pictures too

Wow, cool photos! According to the text they excavated the Moai, studied it, then backfilled it again. The thing that really strikes me odd is the complete lack of weathering of the excavated portion of the Moai. There is severe weathering above current grade level, but below that level the stone color and carving details look completely untouched. This would seem to indicate that the buried portion didn't happen slowly over time as the wear on the Moai should slowly transition from high wear at the top to low wear at the bottom since one would expect that the fill material accumulated slowly over time. Instead, the wear pattern seems to indicate that the Moai was buried up to the current grade level rather quickly, and soon after it was completed and erected, thus preserving the buried portion. Very, very strange.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
From reject:
Producer Raul Julia-Levy supplied a photo (left), which he says was taken in southern Guatemala in the 1930s, showing a head carved in the jungle.

The monument, according to an accompanying letter by archaeologist Hector E. Mejia, dates back to between 3,500 and 5,000 B.C. and is evidence of a superior civilization unlike any known to have lived on Earth.twins seperated at birth?

Any theories as to which ancient civilization created the head statue in Guatemala?
edit on 27-10-2011 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

From reject:

The monument, according to an accompanying letter by archaeologist Hector E. Mejia, dates back to between 3,500 and 5,000 B.C. and is evidence of a superior civilization unlike any known to have lived on Earth.

twins seperated at birth?

Any theories as to which ancient civilization created the head statue in Guatemala

I'll call that photograph suspicious. Can you link to the letter by Mejia? I've worked in Mexico and Honduras and if a car of that type could get there then there was an existing road and a statue like that would be well known. It also has been cleared of vegetation- to allow a photo like that.

dates back to between 3,500 and 5,000 B.C. and is evidence of a superior civilization unlike any known to have lived on Earth

That seems like an unlikely quote but I'll await a link. If the head was real it could not be associated with an existing culture, no association with any artifacts is made and there is no way to date a stone head especially in that time period. What would he use to make such a date and such an odd comment?

The correct statement would be, 'large unassociated (with any known civilization) statue at an unexcavated site'
edit on 27/10/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Thank you so much for sharing this! I wonder how much there is still left for us to discover on this planet of ours, its so exciting
S & F

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Does this make‘Fingerprints of the Gods’ more believeable?

second line.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by makinho21
jesus - how do you manage to relate this to 'giants'? It is rather depressing ATS has become over-run by narrow minded christian fanatics
edit on 26-10-2011 by makinho21 because: (no reason given)

Theyre so desperate to find anything that legitimises their fictional book, its actually quite funny.

As for what happened to the people, I believe they cut down all their trees, without trees, they couldnt build homes, couldnt have fires so couldnt cook food and everything broke down from there.

IIRC, there arent any trees there now either.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The erosion and deposit of soil at Rano Raratka is rather impressive and probably occurred when the ground cover, was cut or burned off several hundred years ago. If you wander around the quarry site, especially the interior you'll see lots of buried Moai, completed and uncompleted

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
As for what happened to the people, I believe they cut down all their trees, without trees, they couldnt build homes, couldnt have fires so couldnt cook food and everything broke down from there.

IIRC, there arent any trees there now either.

More importantly, because of the totality of the deforestation it caused not only soil erosion but an eradiction of the Mycorrhizae. Couldn't grow food, let alone cook it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
wow stunning , simply stunning. You have to think that we have been visited by something because these things are really truly out there !

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
really great..look at the other fotos of the excavations..

it would be fantastic to do bigger excavations on the island, I bet there is much more under..

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join