It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aww: Sony will postpone opening of The Obama Is Totally Awesome blockbuster movie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Officially, it’s called Untitled International Thriller, but the original release date of October 12, 2012 for the film based on the SEAL Team 6 mission that killed Osama bin Laden had even Maureen Dowd questioning the motives of the filmmakers — and of the White House, which was apparently cooperating with the filmmakers and providing inside information. Republicans in Congress expressed outrage, promised investigations, and proposed laws to block Hollywood from gaining access to information.

hotair.com...

Yes folks Hollywood made a movie about the wonderful murder of Osama Bin Laden but seems all is not well here. I find this funny for the simple of the fact of the title of the article.

Now to what upsets me for decades th US Military has been portrayed as evil blood thirsty murders,rapists and baby killers but here comes the golden child the current potus one of the main critics of the miltary and his party.

Honestly this is sickening the glorification of murder to put the current potus in a positive light and yes will most likely be delayed to influence the upcoming election.

I for one will not be watching a propaganda work and i support the military 24-7 but i take serious issues when they are used as poilticial props.
edit on 22-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Related article:

Is Sony Pictures Trying To Help Re-Elect Obama With Bin Laden / Seal Team 6 Movie?

One of the hottest projects in Hollywood is the upcoming untitled Bin Laden / Seal Team 6 movie. The film tells the story of the raid that successfully killed the 9/11 mastermind, Osama Bin Laden. Deadline is reporting that the film will open on October 12, 2012, which is the same release strategy used on The Social Network, which also premiered in early October.

www.webpronews.com...

That guy will stoop to any level for his own political ambitions seriously sickening.

link   
reply to post by neo96

Ok, so Bush can have a movie, but Obama cant?

Honestly this is sickening the glorification of murder

You... think killing Hitler's spiritual successor is sickening?

link   
I don't get it? We can create films on past events (vietnam, ww, etc) yet this causes serious offense?

Am I missing something? I am rather tired.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

What bush movie?

Refresh my memory unless you mean Michael Moores Fahrenheit 9-11.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm a PS3 guy yet I don't like how we handled the Bin Laden thing... I'm so torn right now.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Shocker some common ground haven't like a lot of what has happened over the past 3 years.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Never watched it did it glorify murder?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If it is a film showing the Obama administration in a positive light, then it'd be considered science fiction anyway.

Here's a clip of his movie (?)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Who cares? Osama bin laden was hardly even human, so I dont consider it murder. I hope you stop feeling sorry for terrorist.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ShedAlert

Its because no pics or videos of Osama's dead body were released to the public because the US Government apparently feared "violent uprisings" of "Islamist terrorists" reacting to the death. We all know BS happened and Obama's trigger happy drones really destroyed whatever was left of the fringe CIA faction, Al Qaeda.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
republicans are mad because they haven't thought of it first. and the only movies hollywood makes about them are fahrenheit 9/11 and inside job.

they shouldn't complain. they had 8 years to kill osama. obama comes into office and 9 months later they found him, started planning his capture and eventual execution.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Prove it!

Not a single person can ever prove he's dead

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Prove he is not!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Honestly this is sickening the glorification of murder to put the current potus in a positive light and yes will most likely be delayed to influence the upcoming election.

So Neo, I wouldn't happen upon statements by yourself around the time of the murder with you being rather jubilant and attacking those who criticized the murder would I?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by neo96

Prove he is not!

Also asking to prove a negative is pretty retarded, for your info.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by neo96

Prove he is not!

Also asking to prove a negative is pretty retarded, for your info.

Proving some one is alive is not a negative.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I gotta admit I wanna see it. Only because I wanna see the SEALs wax bin Laden(No, killing terrorists doesn't bother me).

However what I don't like about this is the leaking of classified information in order to make the movie. It does look like an "Obama is super awesome" type of deals and just goes hand in hand with all the Hollywood propaganda music videos and BS that has been seen over the last few years.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Go for it and quote it.

Don' recall dancing a over the murder of him or gadaffi.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join