It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you mean when you say "I AM"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am

confused

What??????

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

If god is "male" to what purpose would he don such equipment? Seriously.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I AM from what i understand means ...when I ask myself who am I, or how am I, or what am I, why am I, you know all the living life questions, the answer is I AM. I AM me, I AM how i am, I AM what I am, somewhere in the new testimates jesus said something in the effects of this, One of the prophets asked jesus when they were out on on the seas and jesus fell asleep suddenly the waters became violent and the prophets woke jesus in fear needing him to help, jesus calmed the waters and looked at them and said, "O ye of little faith if only you knew you are as I only more" here is a hint we are I AM. God created us in his image, Gods energy gave us life, our life has energy that keeps us alive, so obviously we are I AM. DIDnt jesus tell us he came here to teach us how to go back to god? I think if we look past the illusions you can fidn a real message the truth in his words.

AND truely who knwos if this creator-God is a he, maybe yes maybe god is a female maybe god is neither, we wont know until the day we woudl meet this creator
edit on 22-10-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoesse

Can we please stay on topic? This is not a debate about gender.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Hitsuzen

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Hitsuzen

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by blupblup

Well god isn't going to be a female is he?

Do you really think God is limited to one gender? God is Everything and Everywhere. Hence, the term "I AM".

Ahem, God is a male. Why? Because Jesus Christ is "the Lord", A.K.A. YHWH in hebrew.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God", and he later explains that Jesus Christ is the Living Word made flesh and by naming him thus, Jesus fulfilled Isaiah's prophecy of the coming of Immanu'el "God in the flesh" or "God in person" as it were. So God is a male, a HE, not a SHE.
edit on 22-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

pics or it didn't happen

GOD doesn't have a form, or a gender.

Is that the best excuse you can come up with? "pics or it didn't happen?". It's in the bible, it's not my fault if you can't read whats right in front of your eyes, that was put there so plainly that children can understand it (as it was meant to be read). Why do you think the little children ran to Jesus? They saw him for who he really was because they still saw through innocent eyes that we lose as we become an adult. This is hidden meanings in the bible written for all to see yet if you do not become as a child and learn to read the book with a childs eyes (how the Holy Spirit reveals the truth), you will miss the message.
edit on 22-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

"Pics or it didn't happen" was meant to be a joke. Funny how you missed that since you are such an incredibly skilled text interpreter. The bible was written by HUMAN MEN. It was then manipulated by an unknown number of more HUMAN MEN. The bible has been used as an excuse to abuse and oppress women. To deny the female side of God is simple ignorance in my opinion. You are free to believe what you choose though. ~Peace~

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
When in a mystical Unitive state all that can really be said is I AM. Anything else creates division and hence is unthinkable while in that altered state of consciousness.

edit on 22-10-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
When in a mystical Unitive state all that can really be said is I AM. Anything else creates division and hence is unthinkable while in that altered state of consciousness.

I don't understand. Can you explain in greater detail?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by Student X

I don't understand. Can you explain in greater detail?

Sorry i know you wern't speaking to me, but i can try...

You are a part of God... You and God are one....

Realizing this will guide you on your journey which is life... when you seperate the two, you will stumble...

Be one...

Be love

edit on 22-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

When I proclaim, "I AM," that means several things to me.
1. I am Spirit, not human being with a Spirit, but Spirit inhabiting a human body for a time.

2. As a Spirit, I am Sovereign. I am Free. I owe allegiance to no being anywhere in the Universe, for all are equal in my eyes.

3. I refuse to belong to any Cult, or any organized religion whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoesse

That is a question better suited to asking him the answer for. He does what he does, and the reasons are a mystery for us. There are no male or female in heaven truth be told, because there is no reason for sexual organs. God is simply a He, because he is Jesus Christ yet he is much much more than we could understand. God is what you can imagine, yet he is also so far beyond what you can imagine because he is not limited by our undertanding. He. Just. is.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitsuzen

"Pics or it didn't happen" was meant to be a joke. Funny how you missed that since you are such an incredibly skilled text interpreter. The bible was written by HUMAN MEN. It was then manipulated by an unknown number of more HUMAN MEN. The bible has been used as an excuse to abuse and oppress women. To deny the female side of God is simple ignorance in my opinion. You are free to believe what you choose though. ~Peace~

The bible was indeed written by men, but was authored and inspired by the Lord. Whatever men have used it to suppress people for their own selfish gain shall be dealt with according to their works, it has nothing to do with women at all. God is not a female because God is Jesus Christ whom was named the prophesied "immanu'el" by Isaiah. Jesus Christ was not a female. There is no female side to God because there are no genders or sexual organs in heaven. God is a HE because he is a masculine persona. If you are looking for a female God then you have the wrong one because Yahweh "the Lord" is not female or he would not be called "the Lord" but be called "the Lady". I'm not the one that is being ignorant. You do not know who God really is or you would not persist in calling him a female.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
These are the sources so far mentioned in this thread:

"I think, therefore I am." - René Descartes

"And God said unto Moses, "I AM THAT I AM": and He said, "Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, 'I AM' hath sent me unto you." - Bible: Exodus 3:14

When "I Am" is used in Metaphysics, New Age, The Mysteries, etc., it has a more enlightened meaning;

Think about Ego for a moment What does it do? It props you up with false identities, false personas, and false labels. Your social/societal status... your nationality, your religion, your political ideology... who you think you are and why you are different than others... tear down the house that Ego built.

Free yourself of wants and desires. Fears, worries, regrets, and anxieties. Haunted, imprisoned, or chasing the past and future. Expectations, preconceptions, prejudgements, and misconceptions.

Liberate yourself from ego, experience the moment of 'Now'... and what are you? You are that you are. The 'I Am.'

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

When a mystic is in a Unitive state of being, he or she is One with God and the cosmos. While in that state, the words I AM come to the lips of the mystic.

But the words YOU ARE don't. Because while in the Unitive state the mystic is you too. There is no 'other' for the mystic to point to. The subject/object dichotomy has dissolved. The fragmented Self has been united.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Liberation from Ego reveals the illusions of separation.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
When you say "I AM" you are basically realizing that you are indeed a part of and one with the almighty creator or the entity we refer to as God. I AM truth, I Am what is real, I AM one with the divine oneness.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
For those who ascribe to the new age cult i say this. By calling yourselves I AM, you are damning yourselves for eternity by blesphemy of the Holy Spirit, in which Jesus said you shall not be forgiven in this life or the next. How is it you are committing blasphemy? Because you deny that Jesus Christ is the Lord (Yahweh) whom has already claimed the title of "I AM" many, many times. The Holy Spirit has declared that Jesus is the Lord, and by denying that truth you call the Holy Spirit a liar and to speak against him is the unforgiveable sin.

Jesus Christ is Yahweh

www.desiringgod.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by blupblup

Well god isn't going to be a female is he?

Actually God/Goodness is both Father and Mother. That is a given, and you should get to know Mom. She wonderful.

Deimiurges, or those in the cosmic schools, some are Male and some are Female. They are not Prime Creator of this Universe, Mom and Dad!
edit on 22-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
When most use the words I AM, they mean it in a law of one way as in saying they are God. The Good Family above doesnt even like those words, but are truly humble and kind.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
When most use the words I AM, they mean it in a law of one way as in saying they are God. The Good Family above doesnt even like those words, but are truly humble and kind.

"Most"? That's quite an assumption there.

Don't suppose you can back that statement up with some stats or sources can you?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I don't want to say all. But every poster I've encountered using those words alot, are very much into Law of One, and on various threads, have had quite intense discussions with them about Infinity, and "One", and frequencies, and how you are not me, and I am not you, and we're becoming in these tests, and that right and wrong are not illusions. There is a particular group, that uses these words, and that is their meaning. This group does not believe in love or harm to them its all love and HH type message, where they are only harming us for our own good.

I added most in case the occasional idea crops up such as, I think therefore I AM. Because, anyone who can conceive of self, or question their existence, is not AI, but consciousness, and infinite, for all things are infinite, infinite energies, intinite types of energy, infinite variations of all types, both animate and inanimate, endlessly like infinite fractals, all at once, as there is No Time, for time a measurement and impossible in an infinite system. Its all at once.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join