It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you mean when you say "I AM"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It seems that alot of people are using the term "I AM" in their post as well as their usernames. What is the reason for this? When Jesus said "I AM" I understand what He means. When God said "I AM" I also understand what He means. But when other people use this term in association with themselves I have no clue what they mean or what they are referring to.

If you use this term alot please help me understand the reason behind it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

i think therefore i am

think that's where it comes from.

saying i am reassures one of their own existence because they are able so say it.
edit on 22-10-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

edit: kinda off topic, its funny god cant say i am.
edit on 22-10-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It is an easy way to state that you as a person, believes/thinks the thing you are going to say, after saying 'I am...'

Or some deep #.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
When God said "I AM" I also understand what He means.

Firstly... God is a he??

Secondly..... when and where did god speak?

edit on 22/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
didnt it say "i am that i am" in the bible not i think therefore i am? and i thought it referred to the I AM presence of god. this is just what i thought it was referring to.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Well god isn't going to be a female is he?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

Well If we're talking about the vicious, murdering, vengeful and sadistic God of the Abrahamic faiths..... then no, you're right, not likely to be a gal

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronix
didnt it say "i am that i am" in the bible not i think therefore i am? and i thought it referred to the I AM presence of god. this is just what i thought it was referring to.

You are correct, but in this text God claims that this is His name forever.

13 Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”
14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
15 Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations. Exodus 3

I'm just wondering what the meaning is to those who use it in reference to them self.
edit on 22-10-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I AUM

Second Line.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Do you really think God is limited to one gender? God is Everything and Everywhere. Hence, the term "I AM".
Perhaps it's time to step out of the illusion of duality.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Hitsuzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

It seems that alot of people are using the term "I AM" in their post as well as their usernames. What is the reason for this? When Jesus said "I AM" I understand what He means. When God said "I AM" I also understand what He means. But when other people use this term in association with themselves I have no clue what they mean or what they are referring to.

The most logical conclusion is that they have huge egos and think they are on level with God, or are just plain narcisstic. I think hey are doing it to mock God imho as "I AM" is one of his titles/names. Well, they will have an intersting time trying to explain that one to the Lord on judgement day.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think, therefore I think I am.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If you truly understood what God meant when answering the question of a name: "I Am that I Am", then you would understand why People are capitalizing the Am.

By the time Moses had asked Yahweh for a name, the Old Testament had all ready ascribed several different names to God, yet when God answers the question of a name directly, this is the answer:

"I Am."

Call out God's name using that name. Do it long enough and often enough and then you will begin to understand.

If you want to know God, the first thing you must do is look to yourself.

link   

Originally posted by Hitsuzen

Do you really think God is limited to one gender? God is Everything and Everywhere. Hence, the term "I AM".

Ahem, God is a male. Why? Because Jesus Christ is "the Lord", A.K.A. YHWH in hebrew.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God", and he later explains that Jesus Christ is the Living Word made flesh and by naming him thus, Jesus fulfilled Isaiah's prophecy of the coming of Immanu'el "God in the flesh" or "God in person" as it were. So God is a male, a HE, not a SHE.
edit on 22-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
I think, therefore I think I am.

And what is that suppose to mean? I am what?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am. It is a statement of existence. When a being comes into existence he just is. No name, no identity, no gender etc to nail down and limit. He just is.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

did you not read the first post in your own damn thread?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I AM simply aknowledges your existence...

In that aknowledgement one is stating he/she/ exists...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Ahem, God is a male. Why? Because Jesus Christ is "the Lord", A.K.A. YHWH in hebrew.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God", and he later explains that Jesus Christ is the Living Word made flesh and by naming him thus, Jesus fulfilled Isaiah's prophecy of the coming of Immanu'el "God in the flesh" or "God in person" as it were. So God is a male, a HE, not a SHE.

pics or it didn't happen

GOD doesn't have a form, or a gender.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

pics or it didn't happen

GOD doesn't have a form, or a gender.

Is that the best excuse you can come up with? "pics or it didn't happen?". It's in the bible, it's not my fault if you can't read whats right in front of your eyes, that was put there so plainly that children can understand it (as it was meant to be read). Why do you think the little children ran to Jesus? They saw him for who he really was because they still saw through innocent eyes that we lose as we become an adult. This is hidden meanings in the bible written for all to see yet if you do not become as a child and learn to read the book with a childs eyes (how the Holy Spirit reveals the truth), you will miss the message.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join