It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING Video of Police Brutality at Occupy Melbourne

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

If they had done that you wouldn't see me being so sympathetic. If you show up ready for a fight then a fight is what you're going to get.

As it stand the police don't have the moral high ground on this one. If the protesters had brought weapons the police would be justified in kicking some ass.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I disagree to a point.

If a mass group of people showed up at Parliament house armed and ready to show the politicians their displeasure of them not listening...
I think politics would be a vastly different game.

The people should NEVER be afraid of their Government... The Government should ALWAYS fear its people.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This was not an illegal camp ... the protesters erected tents in the Melbourne City square and that is public access. Anyone can go there ... it's public space. The queen is here on a visit and the mayor obviously wanted the place cleared so he orders in the cops.
Actually ... it's not too far from an area called 'china town'. Next they'll bring in the tanks and run over them. I can't put anything past our politicians and now councillors either. Australia is NOT a free country.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

You seem to want to incite a protest.

Are you even from Australia?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluebird2
This was not an illegal camp ...

yes it was actually

Anyone can go there ... it's public space.

Yes, and it is NOT a camping ground!

No one cares some ferals were cleaned up.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

You seem to want to incite a protest.

Are you even from Australia?

of course im inciting protest, i dont want to see this happen any longer. we need change
yes i am from australia
and police violence is not the australia i know

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

This was not an illegal camp ...

yes it was actually

Anyone can go there ... it's public space.

Yes, and it is NOT a camping ground!
No one cares some ferals were cleaned up.

Like hell no one cares!!!
Don't speak for me mate, it just makes you look ignorant..

BTW, all the protesters were NOT camping out..
Did you see the cops ask them if they were??

If not camping then they were LEGALLY allowed to be there..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

these laws are bogus. if politicans and others wont listen to what we are saying then what else can we do, this is the only way to keep the problems in peoples attention.
people do care.
and if you dont care you are sick
and you certianly are not australian

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The police turned up for a fight didnt they? I am sorry you feel that way but we had a million protestors on the street in london a few years back to stop the iraq war, it acheived nothing. I am sorry but we have to wake ip to reality now, no longer should the people be fodder for beatings. Its time to take whats rightfully ours, the 1% of tptb believe that the world belongs to them, does it? No, they are taking the world by force, how can one counter act that by a little shouting and a few banners.

The only way to stop force is with force, tptb have stated, and you should look it up, "we will have a NWO even if we have to drag people kicking and screaming". I also suggest you check the georgia guidestones, because this part of the plan will soon come into play. That is, reducing the population by 85%. They are going to kill loads of people, and you need to realise that fact.

Do you want to be one of those scrubbed from history?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Melbourne city square is for EVERYONE. I know!! I've been there many times!!
Peaceful protesting is supposedly allowed in australia .... or was up 'till now. Politicians don't listen to people .. they're only there to protect their own little pad and perks.
This is the way things are heading as the rich get even richer and the poor poorer. People are being used as slaves to supply even more riches to the 'greedy ones'. It's time something was done to make them wake up and the sooner the better. I'm sorry for those who were hurt but remember .... they did NOT attack the police. Police attacked them.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

You are NOT Australian sir ... I don't know where you're from but you're not one of us.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

reply to post by spoor

You are NOT Australian sir ... I don't know where you're from but you're not one of us.

HEAR HEAR!
anyone who condones these actions is
NOT AUSTRALIAN!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well I've just returned from lockup as one of the protestors at occupy Melbourne ! Understand that I was not in the federation square tent, not even near the tent ! Rather, myself and many others were on the street "protesting"! A right I was certain, until today, I possessed.

So this is how it went down. We ( and I'd like to clarify firstly that by we, I mean a rather large cross section of the community representing various socio-economic and religious individuals) were NOT in the federation square area but rather we were protesting outside of the area. We were NOt "camping" and we were totally peaceful. At some stage the police received "the call" and charged. I put my hands behind my back as they charged us and received several punches to the head, was kicked in the back and kneed in the face. All the while I maintained " I'm peaceful." I wasn't the only one, and I'd like to point out that myself and others remained peaceful, displayed no indication of been a threat, but possibly and probably an inconvenience to those who'd rather present a deceptively naive and euphoric dilussion of our current house keeping to those who are here with the intent of inspecting our underwear!

After been searched (to which I objected) we were locked up in a van where we sat for an hour or two before they kindly drove us to a remote police station where we were left for a further 3 to 4 hours. At no point did anyone bother to tell us where we were, what we were doing or how we had broken any laws. Nor was water made available to any of the arrested protestors. Finally, we were released, one by one, with a piece of paper whereby we were instructed that if we're return to the location of our arrest ( Swanston st Melbourne), within the next 48 hours we will be charged.

In my opinion, the entire way with which the police handled this affair is a disgrace! Any previous faith I had in democracy, our liberal rights or faith in a non police state was today totally eroded.

The spin here is that this was an eviction of those who were camping in Melbourne square. Ironically, and as previously atated, we were not in the square, and nor were we caping! I shall return, and I shall return with friends. We fight a good cause, one of reestablishing our rights, one of helping create a better future for our children. If I, or others, fail to act now, than when and at what stage shall we ever take back what is ours? I'm tired of the lies, tired of the poisons, tired of the destiny they tell me I have.

We all need to fight back and take what is ours.

I was peaceful and got punched, kicked and abused. Next time I'm going to fight with everything I've got in me, because I now realize that a peaceful protestors is viewed no differently to any other. We have to act now !

Ps to the pigs who kicked and punched me for no reason! You've sold your soul, you've killed your humanity, you are the scum of the axe which wields the sorrow in this world, I hope you rot!
edit on 21-10-2011 by Ozcabal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

This is crazy.
They have made it clear that freedom does not exist in Australia.
Police have used unresonable force on fellow humans, with many being injured.
Apparently we do not have the right to freedom of speech.
Freedom does not exist.

UPDATE 3.44pm: POLICE have denied using excessive force on Occupy Melbourne protesters as wild scenes broke out in the city today. Police in full riot gear with batons drawn were used to clear the protesters at City Square with hundreds more watching on with iPhones and cameras recording every move. The last of the protesters were dragged out about 1pm, with an estimated 100-200 people taken away. Amid continued chanting, at least one woman was knocked unconscious in the mayhem. About 20 protesters were injured, with one being taken to hospital.

another video:

edit on 21-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

Can someone please tell me WHY people are NOT fighting back? These scenes are being recorded, if people fight back, it will be because of self defense.

Tell you something, there is NO police officer out there who would treat me like that without being knocked out!

People...get a grip! They are only humans, they ain't gods...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Very unprofessional police work, to say the least in the first video.

The punch in the second video should send the cop to unpaid vacation. Completely unnecesary violence.

And youtube helping them out; the second video is blocked for "inapropriate content" if you go on the youtube page (might be depending on which country you are from)

The thing the coppers do not realize: with every video like these, the mass of protester will grow. More fed up people will show their support.

FTP.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You're dealing with VicPol - I say it's a lucky thing there were no "accidental shootings".

It certainly seems like Occupy Melbourne was overrun by "professional protesters" this morning. I was watching the livestream about 10am just before the dude's laptop battery died and the guy on the loudspeaker was telling the police "there are some here who have been protesting various things for a long time. They do not speak for all of us!".

It's clear that Occupy Melbourne has a problem with an extremist minority group just like Sydney. Part of the modus operandi of these groups is to provoke a disproportionate police response in order to garner public sympathy. Unfortunately, that doesn't necessarily apply in this case - all these extremist provocateurs did was ensure that Occupy Melbourne WAS be evicted. Sure, the Occupation will probably come back in larger numbers judging by the amount of onlookers outside the fence booing the police, but the gloves will be off next time. They are setting the stage for further violence or a riot - which will only discredit the movement in the eyes of the 99% here in Australia.

Agitators helped turn a peaceful protest into a freakin' street brawl with the cops. Hopefully Occupy Melbourne has learned from this and now realises that when you give "experienced protesters" a leadership role in a leaderless movement, you'll get what they've always gotten - nothing. These types are nothing more than a liability.

As for the police and their disproportionate response... shame on the Victorian Police! They not only overreacted by beating women and actually/literally punching people without provocation, but they played right into the hands of certain idiots in the crowd who wanted EXACTLY this outcome in order to further their "revolution".

Further conflict and violence is now unavoidable and that's a friggin' shame - Occupy Melbourne had so much potential as a general forum to discuss the issues at hand - now it's gonna get a lot of publicity but fully half the viewers will only be tuning in hoping to see more blood. Strategy fail. Tactics fail. Info ops fail.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I watched the videos several times. What I saw was piolice attempting to clear the area, protestors ignoring the requests of hte police and the protesters being removed by the police. Protesters physically resisting which caused the police to become physical.

What I did not see was an over reaction on the part of the police or police violence.

I saw a bunch of childish tools who feel they can disrupt the lives of everyone in their community and the police doing something about it.

The police should have been firing water canon into these crowds weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Yes and that's precisely my point !

What you "saw" and what actually happened and worlds apart!

But after all, you saw it on TV so your perception I'm sure, is 100 percent correct. Wake up! I was there !

And yet I see you say, "What I did not see was an over reaction on the part of the police or police violence. " as stated, the police attacked, punched and kicked people who were not in any capacity violent. Simply standing outside of the area. If you can honestly say that you did not see any police violence, I know the name of a good optometrist I.d highly recommend you consult with !

One other thing, just so this makes sense ! It was the onlookers, of which I was one, standing outside the fence, whom were supporting the protestors. It was us, the same onlookers, who were attacked. Most of the people you see been dragged off in these videos were not those who were occupying the square, but rather, supporters of those who were. I understand that the impression most have right now, " which is very intentional" is that it was those who were the protestors within the square that we're been attacked! This was not the case
edit on 21-10-2011 by Ozcabal because:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Good to hear older people ringing up late night radio absolutely disgraced by the violence, radio host commenting on Robert Doyle looking down on the whole thing like a king.

Bring on the derby tommorow night where acab is the motto and everyone around you is willing to take on the pepper spray bandits haha.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It has finally begun.

Can't wait for my uni course to finish up so I can head down there.

People have gotta make a choice: support the current system that's going nowhere, but down the drain

or be part of something that will create everlasting change for the betterment of all of humanity.

Wake up people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join