It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING Video of Police Brutality at Occupy Melbourne

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

This is crazy.
They have made it clear that freedom does not exist in Australia.
Police have used unresonable force on fellow humans, with many being injured.
Apparently we do not have the right to freedom of speech.
Freedom does not exist.

UPDATE 3.44pm: POLICE have denied using excessive force on Occupy Melbourne protesters as wild scenes broke out in the city today. Police in full riot gear with batons drawn were used to clear the protesters at City Square with hundreds more watching on with iPhones and cameras recording every move. The last of the protesters were dragged out about 1pm, with an estimated 100-200 people taken away. Amid continued chanting, at least one woman was knocked unconscious in the mayhem. About 20 protesters were injured, with one being taken to hospital.

another video:

edit on 21-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

F*** the police.

This is unnecessary violence.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

this footage is amazingly scary, i dont think police realise what they could be causing by advocating this type of violence.
there is no justification
no reason
completley unresonable force..assualting women and people who pose no threat

please wake up people, this should not be allowed to happen

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well, I for one am glad I live in America when this sort of thing couldn't happen.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Well, I for one am glad I live in America when this sort of thing couldn't happen.

i was amazed to see this happen in australia.
you could see from the begining they didnt want it to get started but this is just crazy
i am going to go mad if something doesnt change
how can people condone this
they are peacefull protesters

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This is why I couldn't attend one of these protests... I don't believe I'd have it in me to restrain myself from fighting back...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
AHH YES... Victorian Police... The best money can buy.

link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory
SHOCKING Video of Police Brutality

No punches thrown
No kicks
No firing of guns
No spraying of capsicum spray
No use of batons
No nothing as far as I could see except the removal of people who were breaking the law.

From where I sit (Melbourne, Australia) this is in fact about as gentle a people-removal as its ever possible to get. I really cant see how it would be possible to do this job in a better way.
Congratulations to the police for the restraint they showed today.

Edit - and to be clear, the police were not removing "protesters", they were removing "campers" - the ones who had set up an illegal tent camping ground in the city.
Protesting is legal.
Setting up a tent in the square and living there is not.

edit on 21-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Navieko
This is why I couldn't attend one of these protests... I don't believe I'd have it in me to restrain myself from fighting back...

same if i saw a group of grown men attacking women like that id go nuts.
these police are scum

link   
reply to post by alfa1

No punches thrown No kicks No firing of guns No spraying of capsicum spray No use of batons No nothing as far as I could see except the removal of people who were breaking the law. From where I sit (Melbourne, Australia) this is in fact about as gentle a people-removal as its ever possible to get. I really cant see how it would be possible to do this job in a better way. Congratulations to the police for the restraint they showed today.

there have been reports all day of many protesters being knocked out and pepper sprayed. batons and horses have been used.
that video was disgusting and if you cant see that you are insane.
litreally
you do not deserve the title of human if you think that is justified

edit on 21-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

i was amazed to see this happen in australia.
you could see from the begining they didnt want it to get started but this is just crazy
i am going to go mad if something doesnt change
how can people condone this
they are peacefull protesters

It's going to get much worse than this I'm afraid.
You ain't seen nothin' yet my friend.
This is a very necessary catalyst for our evolution as a species.
They WILL keep turning the screws until we collectively decide to free ourselves,

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
In the words of N.W.A.

"F**k tha Police"

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Looks like it will be a fun summer for them down there. Good luck to them, looks like they have alot of people involved.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

No punches thrown
No kicks
No firing of guns
No use of batons
No nothing as far as I could see except the removal of people who were breaking the law.

From where I sit (Melbourne, Australia) this is in fact about as gentle a people-removal as its ever possible to get. I really cant see how it would be possible to do this job in a better way.

Well if your fine with seeing your family get aggressively and forcibly dragged across the ground like that and then say it was gentle, then I will take your post seriously.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It's going to get much worse than this I'm afraid. You ain't seen nothin' yet my friend. This is a very necessary catalyst for our evolution as a species. They WILL keep turning the screws until we collectively decide to free ourselves,

oh yeah thats for sure. revolution is a natural part of societys evolution and ive been watching it mutate for the last few weeks.. this movement is adapting and growing.. soon it will be too big to hold back.

i honestly dont know why people arent already taking full action, ive seen millions of these types of videos
when is enough enough
i almost vomited watching these police scum, its truley disgusting

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Man it makes me disgusted to be an Australian. Why are those cops picking on those people for protesting? They will get there one very soon with the rapture.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I'm not usually the guy to defend the police, but I agree with you here.

You didn't see anybody get maced like in New York, hit with batons, punched, any of that stuff. Sure, some of them were violently yanked which may have been painful and definitely a little scary, and some people were even thrown to the ground. But I bet a few of them tried to sort of drop down in defiance when they appeared to get slammed. The cops did drag them when they were down though, that was pretty screwed up and obviously it didn't feel very nice.

But is it police brutality? This isn't exactly on par with Rodney King, so that might be sort of a stretch, however the cops did appear to be somewhat violent. Assuming that their goal was to get the protesters out of there without harming any of them, and knowing that many of them would be extremely hesitant to leave during an occupy protest, I would say the cops did a pretty good job.

Now is the legal system and the ceasing of the protests brutal and oppressive? I think so.
edit on 21-10-2011 by TupacShakur because:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

No punches thrown
No kicks
No firing of guns
No use of batons

can you tell me what the people in the video were doing
that is "breaking the law"
to the point that cops need to leap on the crowd
dragging random girls out by their heads?

well if nothing else
this is going to convince my hundreds of friends who are sitting on the fence because
"that'll never happen in australia"

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
These protesters do NOT have any relationship to any valid protesting going on, they are 100% rent-a-crowd and..

you can tell by the way that the entire protest was peaceful right up until this mob arrived.

Personally, I am for the protests, I do not believe these - the entire protest melbourne - crowd have ANY idea of what theyre on about and are just being morons, but that is their right - BUT this rent-a-crowd imported mob came in to cause problems.

100%

and god I want to punch them in the face for making the peaceful protesters look like #e..

So you idiots bandy around these clowns, you rabble rabble rabble and support the left wing nerds who only seek to disrupt anything...

It's a far cry from what I saw this morning. a FAR cry from.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You know they did pepper spray people on OWS for no reason?

Unless your "not going on in America" was sarcastic lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join