It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING Video of Police Brutality at Occupy Melbourne

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by frenzy4444
Man it makes me disgusted to be an Australian. Why are those cops picking on those people for protesting?

You, and lots of other people here obviously dont want to listen to reality.
They were NOT being removed for protesting. Protesting is legal.
They were being removed because they had set up a sqalid camping ground in the middle of the city. If they'd come into the city in the morning and then gone home at night, or taken turns in shifts to be there 24 hours then none of this would have happened.
The "tent city" is the problem, not the protest.

So now I've said it again, you people can ignore it again and keep pretending it was due to "protesting".

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

No what is really crazy is protesters aren't willing to throw down with the police...as long as you play peaceful pacifist and go limp when they are being violent they will run all over you. It actually encourages them.

When everyone charges back and protects one another as brother and sister... it does something very interesting to the police mob mentality. Trust me...i seen it. They run like cowards. If they choose to bump up to deadly force using weapons....out matchem and tear their limbs off. Trust me...they will go back to coward mode and back off.

Demonstrators are doing nothing wrong and are not attacking police so you are in the realm of righteousness and have divine power...you will win.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
At least they showed it on the news, including people that had been removed covered in blood.

I love how they mayor goes down and they show a shot of him viewing the violence from a higher point of view.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

i agree but we need to spread the message more before we take real action
to me these protests are just about waking people up
when the economy colapses we will see huge numbers in all states and trust me cops will join us or run.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Burnerz

yeah ive been watching the news and they are seriously biased..(not that we dont know that)
more people need to see this video

haha classic film technique to show power of one character over another
edit on 21-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Deflagration

where did i say that? ive been following all occupy movements closely and know that nypd cops have done some horrible stuff also.
but australian cops have shown they are taking things to another level

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
to all people condoning the police action here
you are so wrong its sad
nothing could condone what they are doing
melbourne police have shown that they are taking things to a new level and will suffer the consequences in the near future.
they have assualted women and peacefull protesters
using batons, pepper spray and horses on people that pose no threat

there is no reason for the police to be doing this, we have the right to raise our voice and when people dont listen the camping idea is a good solution to force people to open their eyes.
laws that say people cant camp there are bogus, people can do whatever they want.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yeah good one pigs, the whole of Australia was watching you scumbags..

Time to regroup and get 3000 people down there, see how you handle that you baton weilding maggots.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

They will run when they see what we have waiting for them if the shtf, and it aint pepperspray and batons.

link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
Yeah good one pigs, the whole of Australia was watching you scumbags..

Time to regroup and get 3000 people down there, see how you handle that you baton weilding maggots.

its not just australia watching, its the entire world.
i cant wait for the numbers to get bigger, today events are going to wake a lot of people up and police are going to have their work cut out for them
we are fighting for police too, remember that
it wont be long till they arent getting payed, then we will see whos side their on

link   
I think I have to side with Alpha here...

If it was because they had tents setup where they shouldn't then that is understandable.
However it could have been approached differently.

Like the police quietly approaching them of early morning and telling them that what they are doing is illegal.
That they don't mind them there to protest, but can't have tents setup.

Give them a second warning if they persist and let the general protest group know of this violation.
Then if they still don't remove them, forcefully remove them.

But this needs to be reported honestly by both the protesters there and the media at large.
You just can't omit details because it will void your point.

.: EDIT :.
Addition; I would also like to voice my disgust in how it was handled if that wasn't apparent in my post.
I would also like to say that Protesters should be able to protest in a maximum capacity.
Back in the day during large protests, tents were setup, drum fires were lit for warmth.

What I dislike here is the apparent loss of solidarity amongst the protesters.
They are all there to PROTEST, yet when the Cops start hauling, there isn't mob rule and helping those with them from being arrested.

I too would have found it quite difficult to not throw a punch or two in defense.
I would cause as much damage as I could to show my protest.
The lawful right to protest means you have the lawful right to refuse arrest and protect yourself.

It's coming and it is going to hit home hard.
I just hope that people band together to help fight this tyranny and I truly hope that the police side with the general population and not their masters.
edit on 21/10/2011 by Sovaka because: Additional

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
www.theage.com.au...

police fenced in the protestors, then went in with horses, capsicum spray, and riot gear to drag them all out.
that certainly seems like unnecessary force to me.

nowhere in anything i've read does anyone make any distinction between campers and protestors in general
in fact if you watch the video in this link, the police supt. says
"they've had more than ample time to make their point in terms of what their protest is about, and i think it's time to give the city square back to the citizens of melbourne"
i am paraphrasing of course, there are a lot more UMM ERR in his actual words.

i honestly don't think they have a leg to stand on
trying to portray this as a legitimate action.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09

They will run when they see what we have waiting for them if the shtf, and it aint pepperspray and batons.

well trust me todays events will wake up many and the economy will collapse soon enough.
we are watching the revolution happen before our eyes
police can join us now or run..because we are fighting for them too.

we have the numbers, we have the power, we can make our future or watch it get destroyed by a selfish few

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Guy at 1:00 even says hes been pepper sprayed as hes being carried away.

Stop supporting cops you idiots.!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Very sad view from a fellow Aussie ATS member. Who gives a crap if they are camping? People need to spread the message about the banking elite pricks. The mass market needs to become more aware.

I even rang up the radio stations today and supported them.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Great reply I agree with you fully.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by frenzy4444

sorry if a lot of it isnt making sense
im litreally disgusted and feel like im going to vomit
change cant happen soon enough

link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory
people can do whatever they want.

So you agree with the police action, as they are people also!

link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Great reply, i can't believe the mainstream media is also making out they were all bums. How sad, I think if i went done to Occupy Sydney i would get to angry and I agree with you fight back.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by ShortMemory
people can do whatever they want.

So you agree with the police action, as they are people also!

you know thats not what i ment
people can do what they want, so other people cant stop them from doing that by using force and violence..

if you condone these actions you are sick

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join