It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING Video of Police Brutality at Occupy Melbourne

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Watching the news it didnt come across to me as being completely bias, they showed unedited footage of males and females being violently treated and they also mentioned that the reason for protest was corporate greed. Channel ten this is.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
However it could have been approached differently.

Like the police quietly approaching them of early morning and telling them that what they are doing is illegal.
That they don't mind them there to protest, but can't have tents setup.

Thats exactly what happened.

Early this morning a council officer read a notice ordering the group to leave because they were not following the council's 2009 activities local law by camping in the square, hanging or placing objects and things over the city square and were ordered to pack up their tents and leave.

news.com.au

And for those of you who thinks its about protesting, I suggest you try this experiment when you get a spare weekend.
1. Catch a train into the city, walk about for a while with a banner proclaiming your cause, chanting, then go home.
2. Buy a tent, set it up on the corner of Swanston and Flinders street, but have no banners and dont protest about anything, and live in it for a week.
3. Observe the police reaction to each experiment, and see if it had anything to do with protesting.

My prediction is that the police will not interfere with experiment 1 but will certainly get involved for experiment 2.

edit on 21-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

As much as I agree with this sentiment...
This is how life has become for Australians.

The illusion that we are free and are able to do as we please is only a veil until you try and do something that you thought was free.

One very good example of this is...
Building your own home.
Yourself, not with anyone else, by yourself with material your gather yourself.

Try it... I dare you

One of the fundamental human rights of shelter... We aren't allowed unless we pay way more money for it than what we need to.
But more importantly, until you get PERMISSION.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Guy at 1:00 even says hes been pepper sprayed as hes being carried away.

Stop supporting cops you idiots.!

OMG, we need to riot!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Thats exactly what happened.

Early this morning a council officer read a notice ordering the group to leave because they were not following the council's 2009 activities local law by camping in the square, hanging or placing objects and things over the city square and were ordered to pack up their tents and leave.

news.com.au

And for those of you who thinks its about protesting, I suggest you try this experiment when you get a spare weekend.
1. Catch a train into the city, walk about for a while with a banner proclaiming your cause, chanting, then go home.
2. Buy a tent, set it up on the corner of Swanston and Flinders street, but have no banners and dont protest about anything, and live in it for a week.
3. Observe the police reaction to each experiment, and see if it had anything to do with protesting.

My prediction is that the police will not interfere with experiment 1 but will certainly get involved for experiment 2.

But this is where the problem is...
They told them to leave when by law they didn't need to.
They just had to pull down the tents.
Once that was done, by law, they were more than within their legal rights to remain and protest.

So when you give such a crowd of protesters that speech. What do you think will happen?
What do you think the protesters will think?
"They are telling us to leave! We don't have to leave!!! Protesting is LEGAL!!!"

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

the only rentacrowd i see are the cops
change will only happen when people like you open your eyes.
these protesters are taking a stand on issues that effect everyone, you should support them

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory
people can do what they want, so other people cant stop them from doing that by using force and violence..

and according to you the police should be allowed to do exactly what they want to, and the protestors should not try and stop them by using force and violence....

You really have no idea what you are talking about!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

the only rentacrowd i see are the cops
change will only happen when people like you open your eyes.
these protesters are taking a stand on issues that effect everyone, you should support them

Stay around a few years, you'll see the it.

Shipped in from townsworth or elsewhere, to .. well..

The true protesters were overwhelmed by them earlier today... and then its all downhill..

These guys make sure there is police involvement, every dame time...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Hey if you think your in the 1% you are wrong, just like these pigs and most likely the dips##t who read the law out to the protesters. Government or not, this is something I have not seen in Australia very often to say the least.

I reckon 2000 people should stand up when the queen goes through melbourne next week and stick the middle finger up, or drop their pants as a show of appreciation to the system. Go throw your council laws somewhere else, this is wrong either way you look at it. Nobody was aggressive and nobody was their to start violence except the pricks who turned up with weapons.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
[SNIP]

...random answers?
or maybe a very diverse range of legitimate problems?
have you actually, oh, i dunno, checked out anything that's actually going on in the world?
or are you just hiding at home, embarrassed?
i mean gosh
if we're embarrassing you
maybe we should all just go home
and wait for the end there with our heads in the sand.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Gemwolf because: Snipped quote

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'm late on this, but what is powerful is that you can appreciate the video without the sound.
It expresses what is going on even to the deaf, never mind the blind.

edit on 21-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
and wait for the end there with our heads in the sand.

I wish I could get such ignorance back... Ignorance is bliss

But when you are awake to the reality of the world and how it really operates.
You approach every day with hope that it will all be better one day but in the same stride, looking at certain situations make you rage and cry.

Realizing that we no longer have ANY freedoms... Makes you wish for another system.
edit on 21/10/2011 by Sovaka because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Face it, they were always going to clean this up with the Queen due to walk those same paths next week..

IMO that's why they got so heavy on peaceful, legal protesters..

Can't have our Queenie being asked questions about her banker buddies that cause most world problems..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
How can some of you say that this was the right action by police???????? You are totally out of your mind!! These people were protesting against the greedy well to do; bankers etc ... they were PEACEFULLY protesting. The police were sent in by Robert Doyle, the mayor of Melbourne.
This behaviour by police and PTB is totally disgusting. They went in with batons and horses; they were dragging innocent protestors through the dirt by their arms, legs etc etc. People were hurt. Remember what happened in China where people when were also protesting peacefully? No tanks here yet but it may well come about. Our freedom has gone.
Well ... it looks like any form of democracy has gone out of the window here and I'm sad to be called Australian I just hope this news goes viral all over the world and all will realize that this is NOT a free and beautiful country anymore.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

bwahahahaha - there were 1000 odd in melbourne alone over the last week and this has been happening in every capital city, you can do the maths.... Except Canberra because the Queen is there on vacation...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I'm tired of seeing video after video of protesters getting the crap kicked out of them for no reason.

Those of you who know me know that I am not aligned with OWS in any way. I am suspicious of them, and many of their adherents. But thus far(with exception of Rome and a few other places and isolated incidents) the protesters have been LARGELY peaceful.

The police have absolutely no excuse for beating protesters like that.

I was supposed to be going to bed.

But I just had to say something about this.

Edit:

After reading some of the responses it has come to my attention that they were setting up an illegal camp.

Could I ask the members here who are seemingly dismissive of the police actions how setting up an illegal camp is grounds to beat people up?
edit on 21-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If aomeone tried to drag me away like that i would kick ass. Cant believe those protestors are allowing poloce to do it!!!????

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Just would like to add. If police can have batons helmets and sheilds then so can the protestors. There should be groups of protestors dragging police the other way for god sake. Police are no diffrent than protestors and the police have to learn that imho.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join