It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GF getting fat!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
Sadly, you are right about the advise. I learned the hard way that you simply cannot trust a woman's advise regarding other women in your life. I don't know if they intentionally do it, or what, but all of the advise they give leads you to lose. You can get great advise from them on other things, but seriously, don't trust their advise on relationships. It's like the girl who talks about her perfect guy and he sounds like some caring, nurturing guy, totally loving, then you see her running around with nothing but thugs. They say one thing and do another.

Allow me to explain it to you.

1) What she is telling you to do is what she would have done herself to her boyfriend. Unfortunately, you don't date men, so her advice doesn't apply. Keep in mind that it works the other way around too. Advice given to other women are usually on the kind that she wanted done to herself, by man.

2) When women say she wants nice, caring, nurturing guys, she isn't talking about you. You do not exist to a woman sexually. As a friend, yes, but not as a person she wants to have sex with. When woman says she wants a nice, caring, nurturing guy, what she is actually saying is that she wants a guy that she is sexually attracted to act in a nice, caring, nurturing way with her.
edit on 21/10/2011 by Leahn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
She is taking the p*ss
You have allowed her to feel to secure, and now she no longer repects you. Don,t be under any illusions she enjoys food more than she cares about you. Dude stop f*cking her when she try,s to have sex with you go and make a cup of tea. I guarentee you the first time you brush off her advances she will want to know why. When she asks just tell her you find fat unattractive.

Shoot me down feminazis

Ha! You also have to look at her fat parts.....and make sure she knows you're looking at them.......with that "what the hell is that" face.......she'll figure it out

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
thats not two diet cokes. two diet cokes is zero calories. and no, a 150lbs person will lose more like 130 cals a mile. if your like us and you run 10 miles a week, those calories add up.

My mistake. It seems that Brazil has a different beverage called "Diet Coke." No, it is not zero calories in Brazil, but 145. You are correct, though, that in USA, "Diet Coke" is listed as zero calories (it actually has two calories, but this is semantics).

And sorry, but a 150 lbs person will lose 100 calories per mile. This is a standard measure in fitness. Yes, they add up, but that's irrelevant. The point is that it is not possible to cardio your weight away, unlike what most people think. You want to lose weight, you fix your diet and you increase your lean mass.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by Leahn
I have never checked out a package. I check out shoulders.

Yeah, no women ever checked out a "package." Never. Their eyes are only above shoulder level. That's why I get complimented on my ass a lot. Only shoulders are checked.

Ok well an ass isnt a package.
And modesty is a virtue.

Originally posted by nixie_nox
And weight does not equate health. This is a bad stereotype that will not die. There are people with pounds in great physical condition, and there are very sickly skinny people.

Correct, but unfortunately, not the case here.

Congratulations, you let the MSM determine who you should find attractive.

Bull#. It is pretty much a established scientific fact that "attractive" means 0.7 waist-to-hip ratio. Blind men, who were born blind, judged women with 0.7 waist-to-hip ratio to be more attractive.

The golden ratio for attractiveness is 1.6. I am not sure if your number is correct.

And I doubt that half the skinny women have a 0.7 waist to hip ratio. Especially models. The knee jerk caveman reaction has been overridden by the MSM suggestion.

Attraction is a temporary state when you meet somebody.

That's not how men work, sorry. You're thinking about the other sex.

Shame your still so primative. Now wonder you can't tell your package from your ass.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmusicmr

I don't know how old you are. But if you want to set yourself up so that you do not have problems in the future you may want to take a hint from Plato and his old buddy Socrates.

You are searching after something that does not exist. The nature of the world is change. Bodies change and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Age will lay low all and sundry. So imagine how frustrating this is going to be for someone like yourself that is so sensitive to appearances that all it takes is a couple of months for the flavor to run out of that particular piece of chewing gum. You don't want to go through life like this chasing an illusion (manufactured by yourself) do you?

The truly beautiful qualities in anyone have nothing to do with their appearance. Best to focus on these qualities. To find the qualities that are admirable in all Women and then to find them and foster them in the one you love. that is the way to go. That is the road to happiness for a Man. Otherwise you leave a trail of destruction on your path as you continue to chase illusion.

Doesn't that sound better than a lifetime as a slave to your eyes?

By your will, right? Not the will of your eyes.

?

P.S. Oh, fellows, since we have all gone along like this and have failed to learn our lesson, women are beginning to do this back to men. And what do men do in response (no argument here, they are doing it as we speak)?
They begin to act like women; facials, pedicures, pec implants, teeth whitening, hair weaves, hair implants, make-up, Shaving Their Legs and Arms(!).

I am personally disgusted.

edit on 21-10-2011 by Frater210 because: yuk

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

Your confusing sexual orientation with sexual attractiveness.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmusicmr
We've been going out about 9 months now, and she's slowly put on weight. She's not morbidly obese or anything, but the gut , thighs and now the arms are getting kind of big. I miss the days when she's slim enough to wear sexy dress similar likethis.
I feel so bad about her figure now. How do I get her to go to the gym or something without outright telling her she's fat?

hmmm, and I guess you look exactly the same as you did 9 months ago, and will look like that in 10/20/30/40 years time???? If your relationship is based purely on looks then break it off right now, as your g/f will change as she gets older, AND you will also change. That is life...... we all change, and it is up to us to decide how to cope with those changes. Of course, you can always trade your g/f's in for new ones every year or so, but pretty soon (if you are not filthy rich), attractive girls won't be interested in you anymore, as you will be an oldish, grayish, baldy man with a beer-belly, and then, what girl would look at you??????

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

And modesty is a virtue.

What does having a moderate estimate of my own importance has to do with stating the fact that women compliment me often? Are you envious?

The golden ratio for attractiveness is 1.6. I am not sure if your number is correct.

Check wikipedia article on waist-to-hip ratio. "Golden ration" is another entirely different thing.

And I doubt that half the skinny women have a 0.7 waist to hip ratio.

And we don't find them attractive. Gay men do. MSM cannot override nature, sorry. Your feminazi propaganda is just that, propaganda. MSM didn't exist in the Middle Ages, and their standard of beauty is pretty much the same as ours.

Shame your still so primative. Now wonder you can't tell your package from your ass.

Primative isn't even a word. Maybe you meant "primitive" ? Look, you're obviously not my type. I only care about women that like men.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Physical attraction is just as important as being attracted to her personality. You can't have one without the other. The ladies just try to downplay the physical attraction part because of their own insecurities. If a girl gets upset at you for putting worth into looks, I guarantee she is a crazy, insecure human that can't accept the reality of what is. Certain guys like certain things......big bums.....big boobs......fat....skinny....small feet.....and weirder things. There is someone out there for everyone.

Think about this.......If she is a bi*ch, but hot as hell would anyone get upset at you because they aren't attracted to her personality, and are neglecting the fine piece of a*s part of her?

C'mon girls.....take it easy.....if someone doesn't like the way you look......friggin deal with it. If you like the person.....get back in shape.....if not....leave.

Simple

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

reply to post by notquiteright

Your confusing sexual orientation with sexual attractiveness.

It was meant more as a joke, but right on.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmusicmr

Well, unless you (OP) are Mr. Fit, it's kind of hard to throw stones...glass houses and all of that.

Assuming you are pretty fit though..maybe the best route is to go for the clothes.

"Hey, I really liked that (insert sexy outfit here) outfit, how come you never wear that anymore?" or when going somewhere, "Hey, you should wear (insert sexy outfit)".

She may try to give you a different excuse, but you could also comment on new clothes too. If she does own up to it, you could say that you'd really like to see her fit into it again, and a little self degradation goes a long way too, like saying "Yeah, and I want to see if I can fit into (insert outfit she likes) again too..." We should do (activity) together...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

I'm sorry you spent time on a post because you thought I wanted or needed some explanation. I was offering up a statement. My dating days are way behind me. I'm married with children.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

Hey im a Guy

I have enjoyed all your alpha male posts

i do however feel the need to point out the middle ages bit is not entirely correct, generally speaking the preference (especially in europe) was for a slightly larger woman, not exactly fat but a uk size 12-16 (rather than a size zero) as this showed wealth however they then did cram such bodies into a whalebone corset to look thinner on the waist (but this combined with the weight gave them a rather fetching bust)

just saying i depends on what sizes we're talking about now.

now continue with amusing posts... this has became like a fat jokes thread... everyone loves a fat joke, im not exactly skinny, but damn do i love fat jokes and comments.

To the OP - on a serious note, men and women always change shape/appearence over time... so make the choice, either mentally you like her and take up (with her) swimming and eating well if it bothers you that much, or keep ditching ladies for younger slimmer models when there a little "worn" they are the options.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I believe this is a spam account. I've seen something similar to this before, twice, and they all do the same thing: Create threads and posts that are very short and contain links to 2 certain websites.

Hope this guy gets banned...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It's an uphill battle my friend, I'm going through the same thing right now. I prefer to be honest and up front, which apparently is NOT the way to go. I spent several nights without the sex
I found a non verbal way to communicate our frustration. Pinch or squeeze her fat as often as you can she'll get tired of it and start working out...........it worked for me.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Best of luck to you, OP, in your search for happiness.

Truly it is a mystery that we can be so close to one another in proximity but so ever long away from one another in spirit.

Let the mystery draw you in. You were meant for much more rarefied food than you are used to partaking of.

And finally, you are doing yourself a dis-service by not asking yourself how you have contributed to this change in your partner's diet. She had the propensity for it lying dormant. Adding you to the mix has activated it. You are going to experience this over and over again with different women until you figure out what you are doing to nudge it along. I tell you this from experience. It is a prophecy you cannot avoid. This should tell you that the answer is not finding another girl. You have to turn the eye on yourself. I suggest you find any book by Terrence Real and get started. Otherwise you know where you are going to take yourself, right?
edit on 21-10-2011 by Frater210 because: ?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Regardless if your reasoning is valid or shallow or whatever, just always be honest about it. You don't like that she gained weight? Tell her, leave her if that's what you want. It doesn't matter if your reason is shallow, it's still the right thing to do. If you stay with her but are not attracted to her, it's wasting her life and yours. It's not doing anyone any favors to stay with them if you don't like them. And you are completely justified in doing so if that is the way you feel.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
what's wrong with some nice thick thighs bro? I'd take her off your hands for you
If you like her though it doesn't really matter what she looks like and if you do just joke
around with the idea that she is getting fat and she'll get the picture if not get another gf.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Guy you are the only one in the relationship with your girlfriend, only you know her personality and how she may respond to you speaking to her about her weight. If you have a good relationship don't mess it up by putting too much emphasis on her weight gain. Seriously think before you speak to your girlfriend because repeating some of the advice posted on this thread could be interpreted by your GF as you being hurtful. Choose your words wisely or you could find yourself ALONE.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

Papa Emeritus, thanks for making me laugh out loud. I was just wondering why I was wasting my time reading through this thread, and now I know - it was just for your line about the geeks. It seems to me like there's a lot of people here writing about "relationships" but not too many writing about love. It's more than a little sad.

To the OP, she knows she's gained weight. I promise you she does. And I'm reasonably sure she wants to do something about it. If you can't love her for who she is, and wait while she sorts it out, (if she can sort it out, there could be many medical/genetic reasons why she can't), then you might just be doing both of you a favour by moving on. If her personality and her mind aren't enough to crank your tractor, then she likely ain't the right woman for you. You do leave me suspecting, though, that your "right woman" might be unattainable. I hope that's not the case.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join